That's enough (1 Viewer)

asiaskyblues

I have spent half my life in Asia and came back to be near my parents as they got old. My mum and dad are still with us but my dad has dimentia and my mum has had 5 hip replacements during the past 3 years. I try to come up and see them and go to the football with my dad as my mum listens on the radio.
For God sake my mum was never a football fan but as she has 5 grandsons who adore it she wanted a relationship with them so she became passionate about CCFC. When Iwas in Asia it kept us together because we always had something to talk about.
My dad, a season ticket holder for over40 years can't go without support. Mymum still listens but it's with fading memories that she does so. I love my parents and family but I really can't take the negativity that has existed around the club for the past 10years.
It's with a heavy heart that I won't be renewing my season ticket.
People will say 'stop being a drama queen' but I take great exception Ms. Sepela calls herself a Christian, yet, maybe ignorantly, destroyed a community's enjoyment through pure greed.
While I was in Asia I worked for a few charities teaching poor kids in the Philipines, building schools in Thailand and working in university in Japan, and the work was through my belief for my God and respect for people who follow other Gods.
Today we sold a player for less than six figures yet he was possibly the biggest asset we still have. Is that how we have become? Selling anything with the slightest value?
Either Joy S is ignorant of what goes on at the club or she has the heart and mind of Hitler who bombed our fair city. YES, I make no apology with the reference, and she can do what she wants to me legally but she is a Hitler wannabe, honestly.
I can no longer come to the city and take my dad. MMy mum has lost her memories of the time spent with her grandkids. People will say 'move on', but why?
The club I love no longer exists in my world. I have enjoyed my friendships and banter with people but I have to say 'I've had enough'

GOD BLESS

The Reverend Skyblue

Asia we have only sold a 30 year old midfielder we bought from mighty Leyton Orient.
Yes we are a bit disappointed but wait till Mowbray replaces RV and plus some more.

We are now playing a lot of the lads who came through the academy which surely is a good thing and should be the way the club does things in the future. We have some great youngsters coming through and is a huge positive
Yes it's a bit depressing, but we should be used to it , im confident that the coming week a few good quality players should be coming through the door.

Have a nice drop of whisky, everything seems rosy all of a sudden.

asiaskyblues

Rev, my friend, it's nothing to do with being positive because in life I am an eternal optimist. SISU, who I have protected so many time asset strip. It's their business, but it's not football. Rev, or anyone. please tell me the value, in your eyes, of our team individually. I can accept sell young stars for a million because 'some' of it goes back into the club, but under 100.000 for our best player? Come on? Why?

SkyblueBazza

To all intent and purpose...they're a hedge fund...asset stripper stereotype variety
We should expect nothing less except selling the club in 2-3 yrs when the current crop of youngsters have been sold to the highest bidder & there are no more left

...onwards & upwards PUSB

sbadey

I have spent half my life in Asia and came back to be near my parents as they got old. My mum and dad are still with us but my dad has dimentia and my mum has had 5 hip replacements during the past 3 years. I try to come up and see them and go to the football with my dad as my mum listens on the radio.
For God sake my mum was never a football fan but as she has 5 grandsons who adore it she wanted a relationship with them so she became passionate about CCFC. When Iwas in Asia it kept us together because we always had something to talk about.
My dad, a season ticket holder for over40 years can't go without support. Mymum still listens but it's with fading memories that she does so. I love my parents and family but I really can't take the negativity that has existed around the club for the past 10years.
People will say 'stop being a drama queen' but I take great exception Ms. Sepela calls herself a Christian, yet, maybe ignorantly, destroyed a community's enjoyment through pure greed.
While I was in Asia I worked for a few charities teaching poor kids in the Philipines, building schools in Thailand and working in university in Japan, and the work was through my belief for my God and respect for people who follow other Gods.
Today we sold a player for less than six figures yet he was possibly the biggest asset we still have. Is that how we have become? Selling anything with the slightest value?
Either Joy S is ignorant of what goes on at the club or she has the heart and mind of Hitler who bombed our fair city. YES, I make no apology with the reference, and she can do what she wants to me legally but she is a Hitler wannabe, honestly.
I can no longer come to the city and take my dad. MMy mum has lost her memories of the time spent with her grandkids. People will say 'move on', but why?
The club I love no longer exists in my world. I have enjoyed my friendships and banter with people but I have to say 'I've had enough'

GOD BLESS
Sorry to hear about your father having 5 ops in 3 years Asia, also sorry to hear you are so forlorn about selling Vince. I hope you reconsider after a cooling off period because we are sky blue buddy, we have the pheonix spirit and will rise from the SISU ashes one day

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

We are now playing a lot of the lads who came through the academy which surely is a good thing and should be the way the club does things in the future. We have some great youngsters coming through and is a huge positive
But that is also under threat because of a fucking email....

Hobo

SISU are terrible, clueless. But they are not Coventry City, are not the fans. I see them as a virus, something we have to live with. All we can do is support the Manager and coaching staff and players.

Skybluefaz

GOD BLESS
Get yourself the biggest bar of Galaxy you can find, put Sex and the city on the telly and just cry it out darling!

stevefloyd

Well someone else annonces they are leaving hmmmm just like fleck vincelot etc.... go support Bradford if you liked Vincelot that much.... half decent player for sure but not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination

skyblue1991

GOD BLESS
Where does it say we have sold Vincelot for less than six figures?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Otis

GOD BLESS
JAPANDY!!!!!!!!!

:)

ajsccfc

Say what you want about Adolf, but he wasn't selling defensive midfielders to the Allies just before a battle so if anything Joy's worse than a man who decimated a continent and saw millions dead

You wouldn't catch him playing jungle music at 3 in the morning either

Pipehitterz

Bloody hell
Your g string is showing

One of the worst op's i've ever Read. And as slack wristed as it could possibly be.

Haha , losing your shit over selling romain vincelot haha , I agree with the above, what a flounce

Steve.B50

GOD BLESS

I fully understand how you are feeling and not helped by our fan base being split on how best to resolve this problem.
My wife a Season Ticket holder for over 40 years (except in Northampton)gave me grief for secretly buying us ST for the coming season as she genuinely feels she no longer has the enthusiasm. I hoped that the excitement would return and we could continue to make our Saturdays a time where we would be together with friends and enjoy just a little football.

We went to the game yesterday and heard about the Vincalot situation as we were going through the turnstiles and like most we were angry and feeling very frustrated. TM came out and took it all on the chin sand said to those why were angry it was his decision and understood how they felt.
I/we have come to the decision that if we stop going to games the only people it will genuinely bother is ourselves, what else would we do its part of our lives?

However, I do feel that our fan base is going one of two ways, they are just giving up or else going to games like us as its just what we do. Its not helped by some people who just say "pull yourself together" or "if you want to stop going go ahead and stop". This forum is where a lot of us let of steam and express ourselves, most people give a positive comment or maybe get into a debate but just remember we all have one love and life is much to short not to enjoy.

Good Luck in what ever you decide but I would will say keep the faith and hope you do reconsider.

Harry Krishner

Is that you Andy?

No doubt I'll run into you at an away game somewhere this season as soon as City win two games on the trot.

I agree Sepalla's a fucking arse, but it's in our DNA. You sound like an alcoholic swearing he'll never drink again, only to be down the pub before opening time.

Bob Latchford

GOD BLESS
Fair play for having the Gonads to post this . [being met with the usual moronic replies] I think there are many who now feel this way . totally disillusioned .

stupot07

Curiosity has got the better of me. How do you have 5 hip replacements in 3 years, aren't they supposed to last for decades?
Yep, my mum had one, they last about 10-15 years and the replacement replacement isn't as successful second time around.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pipkin73

Curiosity has got the better of me. How do you have 5 hip replacements in 3 years, aren't they supposed to last for decades?

They don't always have the hoped for success. My friends Mum had one done and she was worse than before it, it look 3 before 1 went right for her (over about 6 years due to waiting lists). So i guess 5 in 3 years could happen if they never went right for her.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Although one of the more successful major operations there is a risk that the op goes wrong, that there is infection or the bone splits (older you get then bone thins and weakens). There is a 5% risk of dislocation apparently. My mother in law has had hers 8 years (both hips) and dislocated three times - but to be honest that's more about her age and other physical problems that means she hasn't the muscle density.

Had my left hip replaced in March - had been a very steady decline for 5 years with a collapse of the hip in the final 3 months. I have gone from only doing 2000 painful steps in a day to being able to hit 20000 pretty well pain free four months later. Yes there are aches and pains, largely from the rest of the body getting used to the new hip and a new way of walking. The biggest thing has been the pain is no longer there, and that means I am more active and according to Mrs OSB not such a "grumpy git" (her words not mine). You don't realise how painful it is until they take the pain away. Has been a very positive experience, and that's how I approached it from the start. Get the other hip done later this year

I was told that the newer type of hips (ceramic ball & cup) are expected to last around 20 years plus. Everyone thinks it is a problem associated with age but on the day I was assessed by the surgeon I was by some distance the oldest on his list.

Anyway keep your head up Asiaskyblue, I can understand the CCFC frustrations but don't give up even if it is from afar. I hope things go as best they can for your parents.
All the best
OSB

bawtryneal

Although one of the more successful major operations there is a risk that the op goes wrong, that there is infection or the bone splits (older you get then bone thins and weakens). There is a 5% risk of dislocation apparently. My mother in law has had hers 8 years (both hips) and dislocated three times - but to be honest that's more about her age and other physical problems that means she hasn't the muscle density.

Had my left hip replaced in March - had been a very steady decline for 5 years with a collapse of the hip in the final 3 months. I have gone from only doing 2000 painful steps in a day to being able to hit 20000 pretty well pain free four months later. Yes there are aches and pains, largely from the rest of the body getting used to the new hip and a new way of walking. The biggest thing has been the pain is no longer there, and that means I am more active and according to Mrs OSB not such a "grumpy git" (her words not mine). You don't realise how painful it is until they take the pain away. Has been a very positive experience, and that's how I approached it from the start. Get the other hip done later this year

I was told that the newer type of hips (ceramic ball & cup) are expected to last around 20 years plus. Everyone thinks it is a problem associated with age but on the day I was assessed by the surgeon I was by some distance the oldest on his list.

Anyway keep your head up Asiaskyblue, I can understand the CCFC frustrations but don't give up even if it is from afar. I hope things go as best they can for your parents.
All the best
OSB

A nice story amongst all the doom and gloom

phildownunder

All the best
OSB

Well nothing to do with football, but that post certainly cheered me up.
A year ago my son aged 37 was involved in a serious accident on his motorbike (not his fault btw) and his pelvis was smashed, among other things. He has been on crutches and in great pain ever since. He is due to have a hip replacement in the not too distant future and we have been wondering just how much better he`ll be afterwards. No way of knowing of course but your experience does give us some hope.

Users who are viewing this thread