Tesco parking (1 Viewer)

Otis

I got caught a couple of years back and just ignored it. My missus was panicking about the fine going up but eventually they just stopped writing to me.

Will very much expect to see you on The Sheriff's Are Coming or Can't Pay We'll Take It Away in the very near future.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just got a fine for the Checkatrade Semi, spent money there as well but like others have no receipt.

What's the advice? Appeal? Ignore it? Pay up?
I havent paid mine. They issued it a month after I parked and on their website it says 'Keep hold of receipts for up to 14 days'. No way they can argue that. Told them i wasnt paying, its been three weeks and i havent heard anything else

Grendel

You're only obliged to keep receipts for 14 days though G, if they're issuing fines beyond that timescale then they're in effect breaching their own terms.

You have to appeal though within 14 days and the appeal has to go to the authority that polices them.

Also I notice they have on site people taking photos of cars parked outside the parking lines - another offence apparantly - and they are slapping invoices to them as well.

Skyblueweeman

Don't have any issues here as I either park at a colleagues I work with or pay in Car Park C (you owe me a beer Italia).

But on the point of people not having receipts, you can ask supermarkets to print them for you. It's a bit of a ball ache for them but I had a large expenses receipt for work which I needed to submit and lost the receipt. I went into the supermarket and told them date, rough time and what till I was served at and the could get me a copy of the receipt.

Bit of an effort but if it saves some of you some money, it's worth it. You're welcome.

wellerfan

Just got a fine for the Checkatrade Semi, spent money there as well but like others have no receipt.

What's the advice? Appeal? Ignore it? Pay up?
The choice of paying or not is yours to make, but think about it for a while.
If you are some one who worries about these things and paying up gives you peace of mind then go ahead and pay.
If you think like I do, that private parking companies are scum trying to scam decent people then you may want to challenge it.
Things have changed since the Beavis case but it is still very likely that you will win as long as you follow the procedures.
The main rule is never say who was the driver.
There is a need to appeal to parkwatch in the time on the ticket.
They will deny your appeal which is usual for the scammers but they then give you a popla code for a proper appeal.
This has to be at least 2000 words long stating all relevant reasons why parkwatch fail, and there are plenty.
The signage is poor and not easily read by a driver just for a start.
They don't follow pofa rules (freedom of info) which means they cannot pursue the registered keeper of the vehicle only the driver, which is why you don't identify the driver.
As you can see it's a bit of along process but it has been worth it for me as they gave in pretty easily without arguments or threats and moved on to the next victim.
All the info you need is on money saving expert motoring forums or parking prankster, but if you think it's not worth the bother then ,like I said you might wan't to pay up or just ignore them.
I'm not sure if they do court or not but it costs more than the £100 that they can claim from you.
Remember it is NOT A FINE, only a parking charge. It has no statutory law behind it.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Gaz71

They had 2 goons in park watch jackets chasing people at full time in Tesco car park, watched as they told a taxi driver to fuck off there premises, not sure what the issue is with picking up people after the game?

torchomatic

We've parked there a few times when we've dropped my Dad/Lad off and me and the wife have hung around Arena Park until the end of the game. Never received anything.

Gint11

I got a fine for parking by Burger King even though I've parked there many times. Anyway get on 'Martin Lewis parking fines' google search. It gives you a template to argue it. At the arena it's a private parking fine so essentially an invoice, not a public parking fine from the council. 60% get it off. I disputed it with screen shots of my bank account showing anything I bought at the retail park and got it rescinded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

My genuine advice is to pay - many disagree but ultimately it's if you want to chance it they will give up and not go through a court.

No don't pay. Challenge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

It's all a bit Mafioso isn't it.
What the hell has brought on this change in attitude.
Have the retail park changed operators or is it the original outfit.
I do wonder if the new operators of RICOH parking are a sister company and they are colluding.

Captain Dart

It's all a bit Mafioso isn't it.
What the hell has brought on this change in attitude.
Have the retail park changed operators or is it the original outfit.
I do wonder if the new operators of RICOH parking are a sister company and they are colluding.

Outsourced car park management.

speedie87

I think it's fair enough if operators of Ricoh car parks are pressing arena carpark operators to enforce the rules.

What doesn't seem fair enough in my book is them charging £10 a match in the official car parks.

Nick

Administrator
I think it's fair enough if operators of Ricoh car parks are pressing arena carpark operators to enforce the rules.

What doesn't seem fair enough in my book is them charging £10 a match in the official car parks.

What say do the Ricoh carpark operators have over Tesco though? Will they be going round the other car parks trying to enforce things to monopolise everything for themselves while whacking prices up?

Captain Dart

Outsourced to ItaliaHorse Car Parking Solutions.
reitpferde-im-land-54044454.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread