Tesco parking (1 Viewer)

wellerfan

Your very welcome.
If they have changed the number it still leaves many areas in which they fail, so no one should be disheartened.
It is worth looking at the mse parking forums for great advice as well as the parking prankster.
My appeal letter is also available if needed and I think I still have my reply from the successful popla appeal.
Good luck.

Gaz71

Your very welcome.
If they have changed the number it still leaves many areas in which they fail, so no one should be disheartened.
It is worth looking at the mse parking forums for great advice as well as the parking prankster.
My appeal letter is also available if needed and I think I still have my reply from the successful popla appeal.
Good luck.

I've had a letter from a debt collector representing Park Watch threatening court action, I previously sent Park Watch a letter detailing poor signage but they sent me photos of all the signs at Tesco Ricoh, I've sent a letter to Tesco asking for help but they have said it's out of there hands, I genuinely did over £50 of shopping after the game but didn't keep my receipt.

wellerfan

A debt collector has no power to get money from anyone, all they do is to try and frighten you. Court appointed bailiffs have the power but only if you
have been to court and lost and still refused to pay.
This kind of threat is standard practice for these dodgy companies.
park watch or any other ppc will always turn down any appeal, that is why you should have a popla code from them to make a proper appeal.
When appealing to popla you must bombard them with facts and they almost always give up.
Ppc's are losing consistently on the occasions they try court.
The arena shopping centre is full of failures on the part of park watch. for example the signage does not form a contract with the driver because it says that a charge MAY be brought . Not definite enough to form a contract
No information about when is it match or event day, so how can you make a choice of how long to park.
No boundaries, how do they know where you have parked? it could be in one of the burger places where they don't seem to control parking. (unless of course they have photo evidence which I have never seen.)
They also never adhere to pofa 2012 which is vital for them to pursue the driver.
It is also important to understand that your credit rating can not be at risk unless you lost in court and still didn't pay. (very unlikely)

Grendel

A debt collector has no power to get money from anyone, all they do is to try and frighten you. Court appointed bailiffs have the power but only if you
have been to court and lost and still refused to pay.
This kind of threat is standard practice for these dodgy companies.
park watch or any other ppc will always turn down any appeal, that is why you should have a popla code from them to make a proper appeal.
When appealing to popla you must bombard them with facts and they almost always give up.
Ppc's are losing consistently on the occasions they try court.
The arena shopping centre is full of failures on the part of park watch. for example the signage does not form a contract with the driver because it says that a charge MAY be brought . Not definite enough to form a contract
No information about when is it match or event day, so how can you make a choice of how long to park.
No boundaries, how do they know where you have parked? it could be in one of the burger places where they don't seem to control parking. (unless of course they have photo evidence which I have never seen.)
They also never adhere to pofa 2012 which is vital for them to pursue the driver.
It is also important to understand that your credit rating can not be at risk unless you lost in court and still didn't pay. (very unlikely)

A court ruling I believe I have already referred to in this thread found that companies such as this can enforce penalties. It concerned the case of a woman with a baby who'd over stayed by 5 minutes. The court favoured the parking company.

Your advice is not sensible. If the case is persued they will in all likelihood succeed and the implications can be very damaging for the individual concerned.

My advice is pay and move on.

wingy

I've had a letter from a debt collector representing Park Watch threatening court action, I previously sent Park Watch a letter detailing poor signage but they sent me photos of all the signs at Tesco Ricoh, I've sent a letter to Tesco asking for help but they have said it's out of there hands, I genuinely did over £50 of shopping after the game but didn't keep my receipt.
Gaz surely your spend is recorded in your bank details, unless it was cash of course?

Moff

As Wingy said try the bank. Contact them and get proof of your payment to Tesco and get it off to Park Watch.

wellerfan

That is a reasonable point Grendel and you are entitled to give your advice. You quote one case in isolation but the facts prove that ppc's are being spanked in court constantly.
If you check on parkin prankster you will see a long list of reports on ppc,s losing in court.
Companies such as parking eye are getting beat all the time.Don't take my word for it, do some research.
The cases where they have prevailed are mostly where a motorist has not turned up or not prepared properly, so that is to be expected. Many times the ppc does not turn up or discontinues at the last minute. They use a scattershot approach in the hope enough people will cave in..
I am not telling anyone what to do, just giving information which is correct.
I know people are nervous about these things but everyone can make their own choice.
I am proof that they can be beaten. Remember that private parking companies prey on the fears of decent people and are notorious for there heartless practices.
You say that the implications can be very damaging for someone who loses in court. Could you explain what the implications are?
The ppc can only claim the original charge if they win plus small costs.

I am not sure how a parking company can demand that you keep receipts and then have to send them to prove you have followed guidance. Not a legal leg to stand on. If they want to use this method need to have staff on exits as in years gone by.

wellerfan

A court ruling I believe I have already referred to in this thread found that companies such as this can enforce penalties. It concerned the case of a woman with a baby who'd over stayed by 5 minutes. The court favoured the parking company.

Your advice is not sensible. If the case is persued they will in all likelihood succeed and the implications can be very damaging for the individual concerned.

My advice is pay and move on.
here are just four cases in recent weeks where parking companies lost or discontinued.
Excell v Barnes court number. c7dp1c3p
UKPC v B. b2qz1j4j £111 costs to defendant
UKPC V Ms C. c7hw7ok6
ES Parking v Mr I. c0gf2c1k £65 costs to defendant.

To say that the ppc will in all likelihood succeed would appear to be a rash statement.

ccfcricoh

I've been caught once, always park there. I couldn't be doing with hassle. i paid the £60 and moved on, not bad for about 3 seasons worth of parking.

Knowing my luck i'd be the one that ended up in court losing and paying hundreds so hey ho!

Reactions: vow

Otis

I have only overstayed the once, but my missus did spend over £50 in the shops.

I would just recommend going for that. You only have to go to Starbucks, get a frappucino and a latte, one muffin and a biscotti and that's about £50 right there.

Last edited:

Don't know why I bother

Today's parking companies were yesterdays clampers. Bullies and thugs trying to scam money out of you. While some seem to have got their act together this crowd seem like a bunch of clowns not following their own rules. Hope they just drop it

no_loyalty

Should have just parked at Burger King

MTK

We've received two 'fines' in the last few days - first for the Bradford game, then for Southend. We had one at the start of the season which we produced receipts for but none since. We've always parked at the Ricoh and spent the required amount between us. Since it went up to £50 it's needed a bit more forward planning but it's still the easiest and most convenient option for us. Two 'fines' in couple of days is really annoying though! Just thought it might be a useful to post news of a possible ramp up in the application of charges for the last games of the season.

vow

I've been caught once, always park there. I couldn't be doing with hassle. i paid the £60 and moved on, not bad for about 3 seasons worth of parking.

Knowing my luck i'd be the one that ended up in court losing and paying hundreds so hey ho!
Same here, we didn't have a reciept, so were buggered, we paid the fine, £60 lesson learnt, moved on.

honestken

Cant you just stick £50 fuel in the car on the way out and show them that receipt?

Or just do what I did at Norwich away a few years back, got caught the same way in a car park near to carrow road, I wrote to the company saying I had actually used the car park twice that day so they must have made a cock up with the cameras as I was there for an hour tops both times so they should double check and I never heard anything back.

Grendel

Cant you just stick £50 fuel in the car on the way out and show them that receipt?

Or just do what I did at Norwich away a few years back, got caught the same way in a car park near to carrow road, I wrote to the company saying I had actually used the car park twice that day so they must have made a cock up with the cameras as I was there for an hour tops both times so they should double check and I never heard anything back.

Fuel doesn't count and the camera clocks all going in and all going out.

It's not worth the hassle. I just park on a road by the railway line now and walk.

shmmeee

Just got a fine for the Checkatrade Semi, spent money there as well but like others have no receipt.

What's the advice? Appeal? Ignore it? Pay up?

chiefdave

You should all write to Tesco or the management of the retail park and say you're going to stop shopping there as you have to keep messing about proving you've spent money.

If enough people complain and they think its losing them money they'll stop the checks.

vow

When we move to the Butts, will this thread finally shut down.:emoji_smirk:
I hope so, fook Tesco and the car-park-knacker cronies they hired. (not that I'm bitter.....) :angelic:
The amount of Foot-fall that comes through Tesco and the surrounding shops will take a hit, if/when we move to the Butts.

Grendel

Just got a fine for the Checkatrade Semi, spent money there as well but like others have no receipt.

What's the advice? Appeal? Ignore it? Pay up?

My genuine advice is to pay - many disagree but ultimately it's if you want to chance it they will give up and not go through a court.

eastwoodsdustman

I got caught a couple of years back and just ignored it. My missus was panicking about the fine going up but eventually they just stopped writing to me. Like others have said, its a scattergun approach and if they get one or two who pay in every ten then they're quids in. The fines are usually issued by someone from his shed or garage office. They are not big professional companies and will just generally take whatever they are given and move on to the next one if its easier pickings.
At the end of the day its your own choice how you deal with them.

Users who are viewing this thread