Sven-Göran Eriksson (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Christ, must be awful just slowly going and knowing it's happening.

Still, least he can think of Ulrika.

covhead1

Christ, must be awful just slowly going and knowing it's happening.

Still, least he can think of Ulrika.
If wit was shit you would be truly constipated!

Sad news about Sven,
He was a great manager for England!

Skyblueweeman

Sad times - hope he makes the most of his time left :-(

I was speaking with someone in my co-working space about this and he said, would you rather know when you were going to die, or would you rather knowing how you were going to die. I said how as opposed to when.

Anyway, said news for SGE.

ovduk78

A family friend died just before Christmas from terminal cancer.

She handled it incredibly well. I can't possibly imagine what it's like to be told you are dying and have months left to live, must be absolutely terrifying.
My best friend died in May 2021 after fighting metastic cancer of bowel & liver for 3 years. Bravery & dignity doesn't come close to describing how he dealt with it and at the beginning of May he told me that he thought his time was up. I managed to get to see him a couple of days before he died but he was so drugged up he had no real idea what was going on.

Evo1883

For the most part , was a good manager for England, unfortunately for sven our golden generation was also probably below Brazil and France at the time , amongst others ,in a strong international era ...

I wish him all the best , it's a sad thing for anybody to be left with

Paul Anthony

My best friend died in May 2021 after fighting metastic cancer of bowel & liver for 3 years. Bravery & dignity doesn't come close to describing how he dealt with it and at the beginning of May he told me that he thought his time was up. I managed to get to see him a couple of days before he died but he was so drugged up he had no real idea what was going on.

It really is a bastard of a disease.

Lost my nan to cancer of the pancreas in the middle of covid, just after first lockdown ended. She'd spent her entire life refusing to see doctors, never registered with a surgery, didn't even have an NHS number until just before she passed (she was born pre NHS). We didn't even know how ill she was until it was far too late. She went into hospital after a fall, then came out for just a couple of days. I was there to see her for a couple of hours the day before she passed. Those last 24 hours were something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

fernandopartridge

For the most part , was a good manager for England, unfortunately for sven our golden generation was also probably below Brazil and France at the time , amongst others ,in a strong international era ...

Yes, I think that's the reality of it tbh. Didn't necessarily get the rub of the green. Best wishes to him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Very sick with cancer and has a year left at most, in the worst case 'a lot less'.

Seems to be keeping a proud face, but I couldn't imagine being in that situation, living and knowing what he knows about the outlook. Absolutely horrible disease.

Honestly don't know. A mate's mum, at least they all had the chance to say what they wanted to say, and before she really got sick do what they'd always said they'd do. They always had that sword of damocles hanging over them, but at least there were no regrets when she did finally go.

That said, an old neighbour of mine died quickly and painfully once it was diagnosed. I wasn't that close to him but it upset me more than some of my own relatives dying, because it seemed so unfair. He'd just bought a house with his partner, just moved out when it hit him. To have that snatched away seems so cruel.

JAM See

Pancreatic cancer is a cunter.

It presents really late, so by the time one is diagnosed it's generally stage four.

Happened to my father, diagnosed in April 2012, dead in August 2012.

He was 69, and had booked a cruise in March 2012. Contrary old fucker was still trying to get a refund in May!

alexccfc99

About right

02 we unfortunately came up against the only side in the world, who were in my opinion better than us in the Quarters

04 we may well have beat Portugal had Sol Campbell’s goal not been ruled out for a reason nobody even knows to this day

and 06 if Rooney doesn’t plant his foot into someone we probably reach a Semi

Got dealt some tough hands did Sven

TomRad85

Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho front 3. Jeeeez

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

He was a good manager, I think you're right about the golden generation not quite being good enough, but I do think Sven also tried to play his best players rather than his best team. Lampard and Gerrard just never worked, but he persisted with it. Played Scholes on the left wing at times too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Sounds like you were a brilliant friend

Users who are viewing this thread