Strike: (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Anyone watch the first of this series screened over 3 episodes? I thought it was outstanding actually. A kind of 70's detective like Callan would have been filmed in this decade.

The lead actors were great, a simple storyline and great soundtrack

Best thing BBC have done for a while

Otis

Have it recorded to watch later.

Up there with what of the Beeb's would you say?

wingy

Yep a believable old gumshoe style drama.
Well acted and good chemistry between the two leads.
Nice pace too.
Wondering if the subsequent storylines are likely to run over consecutive episodes or not?

Grendel

Yep a believable old gumshoe style drama.
Well acted and good chemistry between the two leads.
Nice pace too.
Wondering if the subsequent storylines are likely to run over consecutive episodes or not?

Yes the silk work starts sunday

Grendel

Have it recorded to watch later.

Up there with what of the Beeb's would you say?

I liked The Missing but thought this was as good - I liked line of duty but that was laughable hokum

This is just different somehow

lifeskyblue

Enjoyed it. Close to the book. Good and believable actors...great chemistry between them. Good pace...not afraid to follow Strike tramping the streets. Looking forward to the Silkworm and then hopefully Career of Evil (should have a Blue Oyster Cult soundtrack).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Yeah, I love Line of Duty, but it is so fantastical at times.

Will give this a go real soon. Will finish watching Tin Star first.

lifeskyblue

To be honest i was rather sceptical when Tom Burke was cast as Strike...I thought he wasn't rugged enough or his face 'lived in' but he certainly proved me wrong. I liked him in Musketeers and thought his playing of Denisov in War and Peace was excellent. My wife is a big fan...not sure if it's his acting though that excites her.
I hadn't heard of the actress playing Robin but she has played it just right for me; growing in confidence re working as a private investigator and her increasing feelings for Strike.
If, as JK Rowling suggests, there are plenty more plot lines she wants to write for Strike this could become the modern day Morse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

First 3 episodes on iplayer for a few weeks, 18 days left for episode 1 of the 3.

Last edited:

Otis

Just seen it. I did like it, but was quite as enthralled by it as you, Grendel.

Thought it was well acted and the characters were strong, but I wasn't wowed by it. Will certainly stick with it, but I had guessed who the killer was this time. Just something off about them. Maybe that spoilt it a bit for me.

Good, solid entertainment.

wingy

It's really nothing like it, but it reminds me a little of an old series from 60's -70's.
Public Eye with the main character Frank Marker.

Users who are viewing this thread