Spain vs Chile (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I hope it stays like this, 1-0 Chile!

Evans1883

So happy right now , spain have BORED the crap out of me for 6 years , with no real strong international teams to go at them in that period barring 1 or 2 , they looked better than they were

Evans1883

and nick why dont you just open up an official world cup thread in the main board , discuss everything there??

wingy

Maybe Spains problem lies with playing a centre forward ,which they never did during their dominant spell .

They seem to get less protection from referees know which used to be a massive + for them ,their movement and tempo has dwindled away over the last season.

Johnnythespider

Maybe Spains problem lies with playing a centre forward ,which they never did during their dominant spell .

They seem to get less protection from referees know which used to be a massive + for them ,their movement and tempo has dwindled away over the last season.

I thought they would go without a centre forward tonight, they are in a deep hole now.

stupot07

Disagree there Wingy, it was only the last Euros 2012 in which Spain didn't play a striker, in the euro 2008 Torres played up front (scored winner), and the last World Cup 2010 Villa played up top.

I just think that age is catching up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Disagree there Wingy, it was only the last Euros 2012 in which Spain didn't play a striker, in the euro 2008 Torres played up front (scored winner), and the last World Cup 2010 Villa played up top.

I just think that age is catching up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Thought I might get a tug over that comment as uncertain.

However while I'll let you have Torres I just don't see Villa as a true CF due to his size.:)

Covstu

They look like a long season has taken its told and they just don't fancy it! Pace is an issue and Chile look a lot more hungry for it. Hats off to them for many years of success but end of an era!

Otis

I said Spain would not get out of the group stages. :whistle:

That was afer they went 2 nil down tonight, mind.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well that's my Prediction League status fooked again!! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread