Some financial matters (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

I found a couple of interesting things at Companies House today:

1. As well as being a director of Otium, Mark Venus is also a director of Dedham Vale Homes Ltd whose business is "Development of building projects". Does this have any connection with the plans to sell off Ryton for housing? I wonder whether MV is really on the Otium board to strengthen the football side or is he there to sell off the club's only remaining asset?

2. The latest set of accounts for SISU Capital in 2015 show turnover of just GBP1.1 million which is almost half the turnover it got in 2014 (2.0 million). Moreover, in 2015 SISU made a loss of 400K. I realize that SISU only manages the investors' funds and does not directly own the club. Nevertheless, it does appear that SISU are struggling financially because their management fees have declined due to their poorly performing investments. Maybe Joy is not as rich as some people on here seem to suggest? And maybe CCFC is a lot more important to SISU's financial performance than some people think?

singers_pore

Venus set up Dedham Vale Homes Ltd in 2015. There could have been stuff going on in the background before he was made a director at Otium.

singers_pore

I mean didn't they start trying to sell it off before Venus and mowbray were here?
I don't know where you get that from? The regime prior to SISU looked into it but they were told by RBC that they couldn't build on the training ground. When did SISU first start trying to sell off Ryton?

peeler

Dedham Vale is area just north of Colchester, this company was set up last August with his wife and two other builders.

I doubt at the moment it's anything to do with the Ryton sell off, probably just a sideline.

rupert_bear

I have thought Venus's addition to the board strange, first question is why ? what difference will it make. The OP perhaps answers that.

Nick

Administrator
Well that doesn't prove that MV is not currently involved in the attempt to sell Ryton does it? I don't understand why you think that an earlier failed attempt to sell Ryton is in any way relevant to the possibility that MV is currently involved?
He could well be, but are we suggesting he was hired based on that?

Do any of the other directors of his company have links to us in any way , have they been doing much business? Would be interesting to know.

singers_pore

Dedham Vale is area just north of Colchester, this company was set up last August with his wife and two other builders.

I doubt at the moment it's anything to do with the Ryton sell off, probably just a sideline.

PEL was also a small family owned business but that didn't stop MM from engaging in related party transactions*, did it?

*Choosing my words carefully...

Captain Dart

Last edited:

singers_pore

He could well be, but are we suggesting he was hired based on that?
Obviously MV was initially hired for footballing reasons. But that doesn't mean that he didn't later become involved in the attempt to sell off Ryton. Maybe he heard that SISU wanted to sell Ryton and so he started to set a deal up and that's why he was then put on the board? Stranger things have happened...at this stage I am just speculating but you have to admit it does look rather odd.

Nick

Administrator
Obviously MV was initially hired for footballing reasons. But that doesn't mean that he didn't later become involved in the attempt to sell off Ryton. Maybe he heard that SISU wanted to sell Ryton and so he started to set a deal up and that's why he was then put on the board? Stranger things have happened...at this stage I am just speculating but you have to admit it does look rather odd.
Yep, it's been mentioned before about it.

I wonder what mowbray thinks of it, worth keeping an eye on those accounts and the business.

Is there a way to.find out who the "agents" are?

Would Venus need to be on the board to be able to do that?

singers_pore

Interesting you were on this so quick this morning ;)

It's also interesting that you are never the first onto things that could show SISU in a bad light.
And yet you are like a tramp on chips when it comes to commenting on threads that might possibly show up WASPS and CCC and CT in a bad light.
Why is that? I am not exactly the first person to notice this.

Nick

Administrator
A CCFC director benefiting from the sale of a club asset at the expense of the club? It would never happen ;)
Very strange how it should be Venus though. Unless he is trying to pull a fast one without sisu knowing.

Would have thought they would want to take all the benefits

NorthernWisdom

Very strange how it should be Venus though.

I put the caveat that I do not know here first, and my example is just to exemplify.

But Ranson was not beneath lending clubs money at crippling interest rates, and being involved in high risk high return schemes with football clubs... despite being a 'football man'.

The jury's currently out but... people make a living once retiring in a number of ways. It could, of course, be that Venus has won the contract to build our new stadium ;)

Nick

Administrator
Someone pulling a fast one over SISU while they're all stood around with a stupid look on their faces going WHAT! WHEN? It would never happen ;)
Pretty sure they will know he is a director of that company though.

That's why I didn't know if the other people on there have links that could lead to another link, it would be interesting to know.

skybluetony176

That's why I didn't know if the other people on there have links that could lead to another link, it would be interesting to know.

Probably. Now they've read it on here ;)

Despite all the filibuster SISU haven't exactly shown themselves to be the sharpest tools in the box during their tenure as CCFC owners.

singers_pore

And I'm pretty sure the former CCFC board members knew about MM's ownership of PEL as well. That didn't stop the seats deal going ahead though did it?

Nick

Administrator
And I'm pretty sure the former CCFC board members knew about MM's ownership of PEL as well. That didn't stop the seats deal going ahead though did it?
I'm not saying it's not the case or writing it off, just putting questions out there like do the other directors have links back somehow.

Or at what scale are the others, are they experienced in building massive housing developments or have they built a couple of extensions.

The other thing is the timing of it being pointed out about Venus...

Users who are viewing this thread