So , what are our owners going to do now ............... (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Have a read of my post #306. I don't give a flying fuck what Bob said/did, but I do give a fuck what Nick has had to say. Anyone that spoke out about going to watch CCFC at Northampton were slagged off. What makes his statement "Beyond reproach?" Is it because this is his forum? if it is, he can shove up his arse.

Be mindful of the fact , the '' Context ''of what I've said , will be changed to suit certain peoples arguments . whilst this will encourage replies , it also adds to monies received too.

Nick

Administrator
Ok.... I'll play it your way... lets see how many slaggings I get for this.... If I said......... Anyone that went to,and paid to go inside Northampton. You people along with SISU kept our Football Club away from it's natural home..COVENTRY. What will now be said? Tin hat on and retreats to bunker...

What are you actually talking about? Have you read it all properly yet?

chiefdave

"No, I'd say a bigger issue is people refusing to go to games and buying knock off club merchandise."

The club is supposed to be run as self sufficient. That being the case the more money supporters put into the club the more money Mowbray has to spend. The bigger the budget the better the chance of success.

Seems pretty simple to me.

If people are choosing to not go to games or buy dodgy merchandise rather than official club merchandise they are choosing not to put money into the club. That is of course their right but they aren't then in a strong position to complain about lack of funds.

Brylowes

@ Nick..... Did you or did you not say this?........... "Club in a mess because of a forum? No, I'd say a bigger issue is people refusing to go to games and buying knock off club merchandise." You are expressing how you think, on Club matters. Don't twist words in future, your starting to make yourself look like Grenduffy(Not a good sight)
I've never seen Grenduffy, or you for that matter, admit when they're wrong. Good time to start mate;)
I'm just surprised that there's even a market for knock-off Cov gear.

Nick

Administrator
The club is supposed to be run as self sufficient. That being the case the more money supporters put into the club the more money Mowbray has to spend. The bigger the budget the better the chance of success.

If people are choosing to not go to games or buy dodgy merchandise rather than official club merchandise they are choosing not to put money into the club. That is of course their right but they aren't then in a strong position to complain about lack of funds.
He also missed off what it was being compared to.....

Sky Blue Kid

What are you talking about?

I think you don't understand still and you are making yourself look silly.
That's it Nick, call me silly when it's YOU that said the words "people who refuse to go to games and buy knock off merchandise is a bigger issue."

He said a website was one of the reasons the club was in a mess, I then said that not going to games and dodgy merchandise is a bigger issue.
Re-read what I said.... I don't give a flying fuck what Bob said/did,

It wasn't slagging anybody off, it is a fact isn't it?
"people who refuse to go to games" Your words, nobody elses.

Have a word. If you want to try and pull me up on things, read things properly first.
Says the man that rarely reads more than 2/3 pages back on threads.

Hardly beyond reproach is it because you haven't read something properly. It's embarrassing.
I have read it properly. It's you that is embarrassing by trying to squirm out of what you, yourself have written.

Bob Latchford

I'm just surprised that there's even a market for knock-off Cov gear.

knock off /being ripped off which one would most sensible people do ?

IF there were evidence of the owners investing the merchandise money into the team ... now , that would be kind of justified to paying over the odds.

Nick

Administrator
I have read it properly. It's you that is embarrassing by trying to squirm out of what you, yourself have written.

Squirm out of what???

You should read what he said, as then you will see what I was replying to....

Then you will see what I was comparing to.

Sky Blue Kid

IF there were evidence of the owners investing the merchandise money into the team ... now , that would be kind of justified to paying over the odds.

BTW Bob, I'm not having a go at you. I'm just making the point that what you said/did has nothing to do with what I'm having a go at Nick for ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Ha you don't even know why you are having a go at me, because you have misread it..

Of course I've read it ALL.(More than I can say for you the vast majority of the time) It's you and your blatant dig about fans refusing to go to games that I'm angry about.

Bob Latchford

Only Grenduffy, Torchy, summerisle and half a dozen more to come on.

All the the same account surely ? spose it boosts the adverts money.

Nick

Administrator
Of course I've read it ALL.(More than I can say for you the vast majority of the time) It's you and your blatant dig about fans refusing to go to games that I'm angry about.
Really, so you post what I said over and over in the same post to prove a point but still don't get it?

Sky Blue Kid

I suppose paying rent to another football club and paying for a new pitch to be laid, is "Going into CCFC coffers?" Seems pretty simple to me!

Rodders1

Aren't bournemouth and leicester both under investigation?

Yes but they're in the prem and will merely get a fine. Hardly puts me off! Will that fine be more than 10% of the income from the prem? I very much doubt it.

Sky Blue Kid

Really, so you post what I said over and over in the same post to prove a point but still don't get it?

Which part of "I've read all of it, and I don't care what Bob has said/did, and It's you and your blatant dig about fans refusing to go to games that I'm angry about." Don't you get?

Skyblueweeman

Who do you think pays the wages at the club? Fairies?

Nick

Administrator
Which part of "I've read all of it, and I don't care what Bob has said/did, and It's you and your blatant dig about fans refusing to go to games that I'm angry about." Don't you get?
because you should care what he said, as then you would see what I was replying to, so you would then see what the "worse than" part was of my comment.

You would then see it's actually a fact. Unless you think a web site is more damaging to a club than fans refusing to give them any money?

Sky Blue Kid

because you should care what he said, as then you would see what I was replying to, so you would then see what the "worse than" part was of my comment.

You would then see it's actually a fact. Unless you think a web site is more damaging to a club than fans refusing to give them any money?

I made myself abundantly clear on the subject. What Bob said, did, or didn't do, is not the crux of my anger with you mate. It's the fact that you have a dig at fans that refuse to go to games for whatever reason. End of.
One more thing, I see you haven't commented on the part of my post saying... If you're going to take the piss out of me about wether I "Prefer to wear suits" Do it on the open forum, so as everybody can see what a prick you really are!

Last edited:

chiefdave

I suppose paying rent to another football club and paying for a new pitch to be laid, is "Going into CCFC coffers?" Seems pretty simple to me!

Personally I'd rather my season ticket money not be used to pay rent to Wasps but thanks to the council selling the stadium to them we have little choice on that. Who's pitch are we paying to be laid?

Or are you referring to something that happened years ago which has nothing to do with what money going into the club now is being used for.

Nick

Administrator
I made myself abundantly clear on the subject. What Bob said, did, or didn't do, is not the crux of my anger with you mate. It's the fact that you have a dig at fans that refuse to go to games for whatever reason. End of.
Ok, well since you put end of.

As you clearly dont understand or process things to see what the conversation was about, past history of posters or any facts before trying to catch people out ( the same as your jsb outrage) then you have a good day being angry about something.

Bob Latchford

Personally I'd rather my season ticket money not be used to pay rent to Wasps but thanks to the council selling the stadium to them we have little choice on that. Who's pitch are we paying to be laid?

Or are you referring to something that happened years ago which has nothing to do with what money going into the club now is being used for.

Or Sisu refusing to pay rent ?

Grendel

Or Sisu refusing to pay rent ?

Refusing to pay rent was a good decision. The move to sixfields cannot be defended but given the councils continued refusal to drop the bloated rent beyond a very short period of time even that has put the club on a sounder footing now.

The position is still poor but certainly no worse than 8 years ago - in some respects it's actually better.

Sky Blue Kid

Fucking hell!!! Why are you trying to put a timescale on my post ffs. It happened. CCFC were taken away from Coventry by SISU. and if that wasn't bad enough Coventry City FC.(FANS HARD EARNED MONEY) paid for a new pitch to be laid at Northampton. You're as bad as SISU you fucking SISU apologist.

Sky Blue Kid

Ok, well since you put end of.

As you clearly dont understand or process things to see what the conversation was about, past history of posters or any facts before trying to catch people out ( the same as your jsb outrage) then you have a good day being angry about something.

Hang on a second Nick.....I see you STILL haven't commented on the part of my post saying... If you're going to take the piss out of me about wether I "Prefer to wear suits" Do it on the open forum, so as everybody can see what a prick you really are!

Nick

Administrator
Hang on a second Nick.....I see you STILL haven't commented on the part of my post saying... If you're going to take the piss out of me about wether I "Prefer to wear suits" Do it on the open forum, so as everybody can see what a prick you really are!
I jokingly said I wasn't referring to you having knock off club gear as you only wear suits.

Referring to when you went on about how many you had. (The ones you said you sold for charity)

But I guess being so angry you can't handle a bit of a joke can you?

I was trying to explain why you were wrong, and tried to have a joke with you. Obviously mis judged.

Sky Blue Kid

I jokingly said I wasn't referring to you having knock off club gear as you only wear suits.

Referring to when you went on about how many you had. (The ones you said you sold for charity)

But I guess being so angry you can't handle a bit of a joke can you?

I was trying to explain why you were wrong, and tried to have a joke with you. Obviously mis judged.

No Nick, Taking the piss. Thinking you'd get away with it coz it was a PM ;) Don't forget that you and your admin have dragged over the coals for some PM's in the past. Why should you be any different.

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

His replies will only confirm your assessment of him [Prick] . in boxing you just makes him even more creepy .

Sky Blue Kid

Refusing to pay rent was a good decision. The move to sixfields cannot be defended but given the councils continued refusal to drop the bloated rent beyond a very short period of time even that has put the club on a sounder footing now.

The position is still poor but certainly no worse than 8 years ago - in some respects it's actually better.

Genuine question Grendel... How long would the company that you work for last, if another company had signed a contract with you then reneged on it?

Nick

Administrator
No Nick, Taking the piss. Thinking you'd get away with it coz it was a PM ;) Don't forget that you and your admin have dragged over the coals for some PM's in the past. Why should you be any different.

Erm, it was hardly taking the piss was it?

If it offended you, I apologise.

Some PM's in the past? Yep, do you mean the ones that are threatening, actually threats of violence etc towards other members.

Do you think my PM was threatening at all?

It reads:

Bob Latchford was on here when the new kit came out. He bought a random nike kit that wasn't CCFC but was the same colours.

I was replying to him, he was the one who said about the club being in a bad way because of posters on here. he also called people who give the club money mugs.

I quoted him, and was replying to his point about somehow how the club is in a bad way because of a forum. To which I said it would be worse because of dodgy merchandise (him buying a shirt for £12 rather than going through the club) and people refusing to give the club money.

I thought you always wore suits, and the club don't do suits.... :)

I was trying to explain things a bit to you about what the post actually meant, then tried to a have a joke at the end. There was no malice at all in there or threats.

I wouldn't say I was taking the piss either, I made sure I put a smiley to indicate that.

Again, if you thought that was threatening or offensive then I can only apologise.

Grendel

His replies will only confirm your assessment of him [Prick] . in boxing you just makes him even more creepy .

Didn't you have about 5 user names on GMK.

As I've said before your username on here is appropriate. Your one of the worst posters on here and latchford one of the worst players I've seen at the club.

Users who are viewing this thread