Smallest City team ever? (1 Viewer)

Calista

The team that ended the game today was the smallest I can ever remember. Take out the GK and the centre halves, and you had Phillips, Vincelot, Hunt, Fleck, Cole, Lameiras, Armstrong and Jones.

Does anyone think we could make a serious challenge next in this tough league next season with a line-up like that (regardless of the undoubted talent on show)?

Absolutely thrilled with Jones btw

Samo

The team that ended the game today was the smallest I can ever remember. Take out the GK and the centre halves, and you had Phillips, Vincelot, Hunt, Fleck, Cole, Lameiras, Armstrong and Jones.

Does anyone think we could make a serious challenge next in this tough league next season with a line-up like that (regardless of the undoubted talent on show)?

Absolutely thrilled with Jones btw

Pointless thread - We won't be paying with that line up.

ccfcway

Phillips, - will leave
Vincelot, - will be here
Hunt, - will leave
Fleck, - will leave
Cole, - will leave
Lameiras, - will be here
Armstrong - will leave
Jones.- hopefully will join

likely that at least 5 out of those 8 wont be here next season

Samo

...and by the way, that tiny team won 3-1 today.

Calista

Pointless thread - We won't be paying with that line up.

Maybe that’s why I said that kind of team, rather than “that team”?

Don’t get me wrong, I like TM because he’s a football man, but he tends to put his faith in playing 7 or 8 artists, helped out by 2 or 3 gladiators. IMO it needs to be more like 6 gladiators and 4 artists. So (purely as an example) if Jones plays on the wing, surely you would need someone more physical than Lorentzson behind him?

I’m happy that we’ve had royal entertainment in a dozen matches. But this season we’ve lost 15 league games in Division 3 (often to crap teams) and to state the obvious that’s too many.

I’m not calling for TM’s head, and still have faith that he can get the balance right and deliver promotion next year.

Users who are viewing this thread