Slade the saviour? A 2016/17 analysis (1 Viewer)

oucho

Not for the faint-hearted, this.......
Slade’s League One record at Charlton this season:

P16 W 4 D8 L4 Pts 20

Slade’s League One record at CCFC this season:
P4 W0 D2 L2 Pts 2

Slade’s overall League One record this season:
P20 W4 D10 L6 Pts 22

Neatly, we have EXCATLY 20 league games to go. Adding 22 points to our existing 21 gives us 43. Almost certain relegation on that form.

Those of us thinking the RS is the saviour need to have a look at his record this season.

Anyone know any good pubs in Mansfield or Barnet?

Bob Latchford

P16 W 4 D8 L4 Pts 20

P4 W0 D2 L2 Pts 2

P20 W4 D10 L6 Pts 22

Neatly, we have EXCATLY 20 league games to go. Adding 22 points to our existing 21 gives us 43. Almost certain relegation on that form.

Those of us thinking the RS is the saviour need to have a look at his record this season.

Don't think it really matters who we have as manager. cloth cutting only leads to relegation.

higgs

If you stop spending money on something it eventually falls into disrepair.

It was always a long shot that we would survive heads should roll as we should have had manager in the week after mogga resigned

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

So a few days ago it was Russell Slade got them organized and so on now its is he the saviour? Come on guys a win in the checkatrade doesn't make him Ferguson and a defeat at Chesterfield doesnt make him a a Venus. Give the guy some time, its half way through the transfer window, you've been wanking to to Beavon and Clarke, Slade wont be the reason we are relegated but he will be the reason we stay up so lets hope he can polish this slop of diarrheoa.

Fergusons_Beard

Ffs somewhere down the line it has to be down to the players and the manager!

It can't ALWAYS be down to not spending money.

There's plenty of examples of well managed clubs who have been successful in the lower leagues and yet haven't spend millions.

City have spent millions on players who were shit and had managers who dragged us down with a healthy player budget.

Only have to look at the Coleman reign to see that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

There's plenty of examples of well managed clubs who have been successful in the lower leagues and yet haven't spend millions.

City have spent millions on players who were shit and had managers who dragged us down with a healthy player budget.

It's fair enough take this view but do any of us on here know how and when the funds were disseminated to the manager through the summer given the Chairman's remarks around how we're funded now?

bawtryneal

Judge him at the end of the transfer window
Or more appropriately judge the amount of money generated through player sales and how much has been reinvested in new players and at what quality of player and length of contract awarded.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I agree with all the points so far and a manager deserves a fair crack of the whip but we really don't have time on our side!! We need results and good results now! I really hope Slade isn't just an Andy Thorn with a baseball cap on but I'm not optimistic.

I personally think we gave Venus too much time, he should have been in charge for a couple of weeks max whilst we looked for a new manager and then sent back to managing SISU's stationary cupboard.

steve82

P16 W 4 D8 L4 Pts 20

P4 W0 D2 L2 Pts 2

P20 W4 D10 L6 Pts 22

Scarborough
Joins in November 2001 with club adrift at the bottom.
2001/02 finish 12th in conference
-league survival 39pts from 57 in 19 games

Brighton
2008/09. - 17th. W6 D2 L6 20pts (L1)
-league one survival 20pts from 42 in 14 games.

Leyton Orient
---April 2010 **6 games left 2009/10**
2009/10 W3 D1 L2 10pts (L1)
-league survival 10 pts from 18 in 7 games.

Do no of any other manager out there who's achieved this sort of success at relegation fights???
He's the only man out there who's suitable to try and save us, give him time to get his players in.
He's already got 4 in with 2 more likely tomorrow morning.
Remember asking the guy to perform a miracle in a transfer window. He's not even been here a month yet.

ecky

I agree with all the points so far and a manager deserves a fair crack of the whip but we really don't have time on our side!! We need results and good results now! I really hope Slade isn't just an Andy Thorn with a baseball cap on but I'm not optimistic.

I personally think we gave Venus too much time, he should have been in charge for a couple of weeks max whilst we looked for a new manager and then sent back to managing SISU's stationary cupboard.
What's he doing now he's dropped out of the lime light?

Hobo

Every manager deserves time but he will have the same problems as managers before him.

Captain Dart

The choice has been made, Slade it is come hell or high water.

dongonzalos

We are damn unlucky at picking managers and players. If it isn't the owners and it's the managers and players.
How many different managers and players have we had over the last 9 years?
We never got it right once!!!!

higgs

If we can stay up I think slade is capable of building a hard working physical team to get us promoted

shmmeee

If we can stay up I think slade is capable of building a hard working physical team to get us promoted

I don't think Slade will be here next year either way TBH.

shmmeee

What makes you think that?

Just a hunch. There's been rumours that's the case and he's only on a short deal.

To be honest, his record doesn't scream promotion contender as much as ship steadier.

higgs

Hopefully he steadies the ship anyway first and foremost!!!

covcity4life

P16 W 4 D8 L4 Pts 20

P4 W0 D2 L2 Pts 2

P20 W4 D10 L6 Pts 22

hes amazing mate cos hes buys tough old players

get stuck in! :)

steve82

This is the fist time for a while I've had ultimate faith in a manager who understands the level... had experience at that level and understands the demands required.
Just a shame it's in sorry trying times with now very little time for error and a transfer window to put a season and calendar year of wrongs right

Users who are viewing this thread