Signing announced! - Liam O'Brien (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
SISU are / were shit. AGREE

This doesn't change anything because Robins and Widdrington are doing something better-THEY HIRED BOTH,forget the praise aspect,i am just saying things have changed since last year and not just manager.

it didn't change it because we got to wembley YET IN ANOTHER THREAD YOU LIKED SOMEONE POST WHO SAID CHECKATRADE MONEY USED THIS YEAR, once again forget praise but this is another change from last summer

it doesn't change it if the academy win the league-AGREE CONSIDERING THE TURMOIL

what i hope my above post points out is that there has been alot of change since last summer, and sisu or ccfc (whichever you want to call it) higher ups have contributed to the change in 1 way or the other,

thus our excellent start to 2017 summer is not solely down to a manager change. that is my only point! no protecting mowbray and no huge praise of sisu in sight.

if you re being brutually honest you agree with me,you simply didnt like my jab about you deflecting blame from sisu.

That's the point, SISU haven't changed in all of this in the slightest. They didn't give a shit and they still don't as long as money coming in isn't more than money going out.

How that money is managed is down to the people it's delegated to..

There is no (SISU or CCFC whichever you want to call it) about it. There is SISU and there is CCFC.

You have decided to have an issue with people pointing out that this isn't down to SISU and tried to say it's deflecting from them. It's up there with when Tony tried to argue because I said a bullshit statement from "joy" was a load of bollocks.

covcity4life

Abswer the point at habd rather than keeptrying to di a springers fibal moment to sum up each post

Do you agree that changes has been made by the club that could affect recruitment? E.g new scouts.new head of receuitment. Checmatrade mkney.

So lots of factors have changed and not just the manager? And thats not absolving tm of any blame as he hired and trusted venus to make big changes.

But Agree circumstances are not exactly same as last summer?

covcity4life

You can have the sisu not changed point. I concede that. Wheb i said sisu i meant fisher and day to day running of ccfc

I can admit when i say sumthing wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Abswer the point at habd rather than keeptrying to di a springers fibal moment to sum up each post

Do you agree that changes has been made by the club that could affect recruitment? E.g new scouts.new head of receuitment. Checmatrade mkney.

So lots of factors have changed and not just the manager? And thats not absolving tm of any blame as he hired and trusted venus to make big changes.

But Agree circumstances are not exactly same as last summer?

None of that is down to SISU, we didn't win the Checkatrade because of them, they won't be out picking the scouts.

TM admitted himself he failed with recruitment which Venus was also a part of. He said that he aimed too high and it was obvious to anybody with eyes.

You have got your knickers in a twist because somebody mentioned Mowbray failing. You tried to throw out somebody deflecting from SISU and made yourself look silly.

covcity4life

Omg hes donw it again lmao telling everyone whwt other other poster meant. Odd that few pages back it was about deflection of sis and now its about mowbray. Like i sais no conviction in anything! Just contradiction.

Do you agree with many factors have changed regarsing sunmer recruitment from last year other thsn just the mansger?

Do u agree yes or no.

covcity4life

You are still deflecting. U r hiding behind sisi being joy and not fisher. Well to me fisher is sisu and always will be. The club is self contained and adridt in a break even system becausw of sisu. So when oir tecruitment structite is fucked its becauwe of them

But to u the steuctites fine despite what every manager says and its all down to the manager wether we succeed or fail

Do u admit the above? Yes or no. Clme on lets gey to bottom of this one nick. Everyones bored. Yes or no plz

Nick

Administrator
Omg hes donw it again lmao telling everyone whwt other other poster meant. Odd that few pages back it was about deflection of sis and now its about mowbray. Like i sais no conviction in anything! Just contradiction.

Do you agree with many factors have changed regarsing sunmer recruitment from last year other thsn just the mansger?

Do u agree yes or no.

No, I am using your posts.

You replied about me deflecting from SISU because I mentioned Mowbray.

Yes, things will have changed other than just the Manager. How many of those things are because of the different manager and what he brings with it?

There is no contradiction in any of it.

Nick

Administrator
You are still deflecting. U r hiding behind sisi being joy and not fisher. Well to me fisher is sisu and always will be. The club is self contained and adridt in a break even system becausw of sisu. So when oir tecruitment structite is fucked its becauwe of them

But to u the steuctites fine despite what every manager says and its all down to the manager wether we succeed or fail

Do u admit the above? Yes or no. Clme on lets gey to bottom of this one nick. Everyones bored. Yes or no plz

Everybody is bored that you type like a 3 year old with no arms. Everybody is tired that you don't actually have a point and are a shit WUM.

Yes, we are cut adrift. We were cut adrift last season also. Which is exactly my point when I say no credit should go to them as nothing has changed from their side.

It isn't hard to understand. SISU have done no U turn, it's that people below them in the chain are so far being more efficient.

You might have a point if SISU had made a massive U turn this season, but they haven't. Which is why they are still shit.

covcity4life

And how much if that have i disavreed with?????

I have said since page 2 mowbray to blame. I simply said not solely to blame as many factors have changed since last summer.

covcity4life

My point has been agreed with steve moff and northernskyblue

Only yoi dispute it. Wake up you are the wum

Its like thr ending of sixth sense. Poor guy you dont even know you are one.

Nick

Administrator
You started getting all hot and flustered after this post:

I don't think this is really a 'SISU' thing, this is Robins pulling his finger out and doing his job which highlights TM and MV's inept recruitment policy. It can't be that difficult since none of these players cost any more than Reid, Foley, Clarke etc yet here we all are (myself included) getting semi-ons about the lads MR is bringing in.

Exactly, it's more that he seems to actually have a plan and a list of what he needs.

He's obviously identified targets within weeks of being here, spoken to clubs, got them done no nonsense... the club are not 'funding' this in a different or new way, or from al alternative income (e.g. Checkatrade) - we make this many signings every year.

Difference is is that they've already been identified instead of poking around PL released lists for any duffers who fancy a kick about.

Then see your post that follows.

Nick

Administrator
we just need wasps and CCC to be blamed for something on this thread and....

sky blue talk bingo

It's not every day an argument on here starts because people say something good isn't down to SISU, make the most of the surreal moment.

chiefdave

Seems to me people are over complicating things. When Mowbray came in one of the things we praised was he insisted on total control of everything to do with the football side of things. Clearly something went very wrong with the recruitment last summer, on the face of it given what Mowbray said we aimed too high and were left scrapping around to get a squad together.

This year is the total opposite. Robins has clearly come in with a plan and with realistic targets.

Nick

Administrator
Seems to me people are over complicating things. When Mowbray came in one of the things we praised was he insisted on total control of everything to do with the football side of things. Clearly something went very wrong with the recruitment last summer, on the face of it given what Mowbray said we aimed too high and were left scrapping around to get a squad together.

This year is the total opposite. Robins has clearly come in with a plan and with realistic targets.

Exactly. More thought and planning going into what sort of players we need and so far a mixture of experience and youth.

covcity4life

still peddling the same shit about praising sisu trying to DEFLECT from fact that saying structure has nothing to do with it pretends that everything but the manager has been fine.

you cannot escape option 3!!!!!!!!!!

covcity4life

moving on with the actual thread now i would say we should remmeber we ar eleague 2 now not league 1. maybe our budget is better this year than last? maybe we have less competition in terms of big club names to compete with for players(no more bradford,sheff utd,bolton etc).

could we have got macdonald,mcnulty,doyle last year etc? maybe but would they have been good enough for l1?

so many factors have changed. i am just glad for once it looks like they are benefiting cov for once. long may it continue. roll on number 7

AVWskyblue

Clearly something went very wrong with the recruitment last summer, on the face of it given what Mowbray said we aimed too high and were left scrapping around to get a squad together.' the change seemed to be when MV was promoted to the board, from that point on Mowbray didn't have total control of recruitment

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
still peddling the same shit about praising sisu trying to DEFLECT from fact that saying structure has nothing to do with it pretends that everything but the manager has been fine.

you cannot escape option 3!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure you have read all of the points have you? We are comparing this season to last where sisu have been shit in both. There is no deflection.

It's really simple.

Read the thread back to see where you got a bit upset.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

covcity4life

people are also assuming that early signings are good signings

now where's that thread praising Slade for a lot of early signings when he joined
yes i have mentioned this a couple of times, every signing is greeted with just what we need etc even thought we have not seen them play

although mentality wise hes doing excellent things imo so that alone if worth getting excited about.

covcity4life

Not sure you have read all of the points have you? We are comparing this season to last where sisu have been shit in both. There is no deflection.

It's really simple.

Read the thread back to see where you got a bit upset.

are you still counting sisu as joy? i have redefined it for you many times since, its almost like you ignore it because it renders your argument useless

ccfc higher ups have changed things around, this summer is very different to last int erms of scouts,HOR,manager, questions over budget,checkatrade potential

so cannot put it solely on a change of manager i say again.

once again saying upset makes no sense as i have blamed mowbray numerous times for his part in recruitment. saying you are upset just shows that deep down you are seething right now. and whilst i am proud i have that effect on someone other than my wife i am telling you to snap out of it. not healthy.

Nick

Administrator
are you still counting sisu as joy? i have redefined it for you many times since, its almost like you ignore it because it renders your argument useless

ccfc higher ups have changed things around, this summer is very different to last int erms of scouts,HOR,manager, questions over budget,checkatrade potential

so cannot put it solely on a change of manager i say again.

once again saying upset makes no sense as i have blamed mowbray numerous times for his part in recruitment. saying you are upset just shows that deep down you are seething right now. and whilst i am proud i have that effect on someone other than my wife i am telling you to snap out of it. not healthy.

Even Fisher isn't doing this, control will be with Robins. As it was with Mowbray when he drafted in Venus to help him with transfers.

It is far from seething to point out where you jumped into the thread, read it back and see where you started.

Robins coming in has showed planning and structure and that he has seen what we needed and is recruiting there. Last year we kept bringing in wingers on trial when we needed defenders.

covcity4life

Even Fisher isn't doing this, control will be with Robins. As it was with Mowbray when he drafted in Venus to help him with transfers.

It is far from seething to point out where you jumped into the thread, read it back and see where you started.

Robins coming in has showed planning and structure and that he has seen what we needed and is recruiting there. Last year we kept bringing in wingers on trial when we needed defenders.

and i am not disagreeing, robins is spearheading alot of this. what i am saying is we dont know all the details. tm came in and talked about what needed changing, he used the budget on ryton and bus,something he was applauded for on here i might add. things needed changing because they were broken, no scouting database etc.

tm failed to fix it
robins is fixing it

all the focus should not be on the manager being the difference, some focus should be on why it was broken.

tf will have had to OK all of robins demands,would he have OK everything tm asked for? noen of us know but my hunch would be no.

on top of that i have pointed out other facts such as change of elague,less rivals for signatures etc. lots of factors determining why we are having a good summer this year, and manager is a big one,but not the sole one.

skybluedan

Very inexperienced tho only really 60/70 odd games in all competitions with Dagenham, Barnet and Portsmouth.
Still it's MR's team and his choice let's hope he's s commanding type. At 6'4" surely can claim a cross!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will be claiming his jobseekers after oggys had his way with him

Gazolba

<snip>When Mowbray came in one of the things we praised was he insisted on total control of everything to do with the football side of things. Clearly something went very wrong with the recruitment last summer, on the face of it given what Mowbray said we aimed too high and were left scrapping around to get a squad together.

<snip>
Or, maybe Mowbray was just a crappy manager?

Adge

I remember the alarm bells were ringing for me just after last season had finished when I heard Mowbray say "we are going to have to punch above our weight" which turned out to be feather weights against heavy weights and we went down without really throwing a jab. This summer it seems we have our house in order by getting people in early, as I'm sure have other clubs, but I am being cautious still as people are shouting from the rooftops about the signings but in reality none of us have seen them play or know if they are any good. It would be difficult not to better most of last seasons jokers who made up the team.

Users who are viewing this thread