Shooting reported outside Houses of Parliament (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

The guy and his family from Brazil would take issue with that. I felt very uncomfortable in central London 2 weeks ago with armed police walking around st James park

Sorry, who was that? I vaguely remember but can't recall what you're on about.

And why? You weren't doing anything wrong? If something happened, the police are there to protect you, your family, innocent civilians.

Moff

The guy and his family from Brazil would take issue with that. I felt very uncomfortable in central London 2 weeks ago with armed police walking around st James park

I take it you never fly as you are so uncomfortable with guns, as how do you overcome such uncomfortableness with the armed Police at airports or foreign officers being routinely armed.
Oh I know its because they are there to protect us.

covcity4life

social media terrible today.

people dont seem to care about the loss off life, just want to brand people as leftists

shmmeee

Massive overreation, they must be loving this. Heard one reporter ask "should we have less bike lanes?" and "should we stop looking at making stop and search fairer?" today.

You can't ever stop lone wolf attacks, ban knives and they'll do it with bats, ban cars and it'll be bikes. Just have to have a bit of perspective and realise that in the grand scheme of things these aresholes are irrelevant. You don't take down a civilisation with a few randoms killing a handful of people every ten years, we give them far too much credit IMO. The contrast between how we handled the IRA and how we run about like headless chickens whenever one of these fucks get death by copped is ridiculous.

Find the politics side of it disgusting to be honest, it's not about politics, no one side wants rid of them any more or less than the other. If you really want to bring politics in, it's got to be said that it's our liberal outlook they despise and want to destroy. ISIS will be happy with all the anti-immigrant sentiment, it plays right into their hands, as does turning us into some kind of police state. Right wing fucks gonna right wing fuck whether they be draped in the Union Flag or the ISIS banner. Right minded, peaceful individuals have always and will always out number them.

Edit: also, for those headless chickens:

C7jj0cyWkAIHI9S.jpg:large

Last edited:

rob9872

Is there any chance this forum and our national press can separate right wing from extremists? This constant rhetoric is irritating. Most of the ill-educated racist twats are being labelled right wing and likely don't have the first political clue. Can we not call them fascists instead?

I imagine my economic views are among the most right wing on here. When it comes to things like immigration I lean to the right but without being Hitler. A world apart from racist nut jobs and w*nkers on both sides of the coin.

M&B Stand

Massive overreation, they must be loving this. Heard one reporter ask "should we have less bike lanes?" and "should we stop looking at making stop and search fairer?" today.

You can't ever stop lone wolf attacks, ban knives and they'll do it with bats, ban cars and it'll be bikes. Just have to have a bit of perspective and realise that in the grand scheme of things these aresholes are irrelevant. You don't take down a civilisation with a few randoms killing a handful of people every ten years, we give them far too much credit IMO. The contrast between how we handled the IRA and how we run about like headless chickens whenever one of these fucks get death by copped is ridiculous.

Find the politics side of it disgusting to be honest, it's not about politics, no one side wants rid of them any more or less than the other. If you really want to bring politics in, it's got to be said that it's our liberal outlook they despise and want to destroy. ISIS will be happy with all the anti-immigrant sentiment, it plays right into their hands, as does turning us into some kind of police state. Right wing fucks gonna right wing fuck whether they be draped in the Union Flag or the ISIS banner. Right minded, peaceful individuals have always and will always out number them.

Get what you're saying but I'm not sure there is actually the political will to stop these attacks.
If they wanted to really clamp down they could. But no mainstream politician here wants to be seen as a Donald Trump.

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry, who was that? I vaguely remember but can't recall what you're on about.

And why? You weren't doing anything wrong? If something happened, the police are there to protect you, your family, innocent civilians.
Why did a gun make me feel uncomfortable? Because it kills things. I didn't say wrong I said uncomfortable

Sky Blue Pete

That's startling - thank you

covcity4life

Get what you're saying but I'm not sure there is actually the political will to stop these attacks.
If they wanted to really clamp down they could. But no mainstream politician here wants to be seen as a Donald Trump.

dont tell me you think trumps doing a good job because of his ban?

ccfc92

Why did a gun make me feel uncomfortable? Because it kills things. I didn't say wrong I said uncomfortable

Lots of things kill things. Like someone said, how do you feel at airports etc when there are armed security?

I'm not trying to say, you shouldn't be uncomfortable around guns etc, but I'd be more concerned about who's carrying it, than the weapon itself.

covcity4life

i quit facebook for months at a time. i highly recommend it. stops you hating everyone

there isa pic going viral of muslim women walking past victim and its disgraceful as no context and also when you zoom in she has her hand on her face in shock.

just rea done of the victims was picking her child up from school. so sad

evil world...evil world.

covcity4life

prob is to do with west bombing muslim lands rather than specific scriptures etc

pathetic reason regardless. fight injustice in other ways not by hurting innocents.

SkyblueBazza

I'd agree with this. Always feel safe when you see armed police in the tube stations in London.

Don't do anything wrong, you won't get shot. Simples.
Police in Germany, Belgium, France, USA & most of the middle-east are armed...it didn't stop attacks.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

lifeskyblue

Ok, what do you think is the cause just out of interest?

Multi-faceted causes:
The rise of radical Islam in the Middle East and throughout world. As with all world religions there are different interpretations of the holy scriptures. It is a mistake, and indeed rather arrogant and patronising, to say the actions taken by Isis are not Islamic as to those that carry out the actions that is exactly what they are. They may be unislamic to other muslims but actions by Isis are carried out in the name of their god and in the name of their religion.
A disconnect between some groups in society and society at large. The question here is why are some disconnected groups more likely to exhibit violence and destruction than others?
There are issues of western 'interference' in other countries for economic or political gain coupled to western policy leading to innocent Muslim deaths etc. My question here is why doesn't the Muslim world become equally volatile when Muslim regimes wreak havoc on other innocent muslims? And why doesn't the Muslim world react with distaste when Muslim regimes oppress non muslims? With the latter I could argue 'why should they...it isnt directly impacting on them'. But then of course for many (radicalised) muslims in the U.K. Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan are just names on a map and apart from a shared religion they have no affinity with the country or its peoples.

My own view, for what it's worth is that Islam is a religion that is finding it extremely difficult in coming to terms with the modern world. It's tenets of faith are challenged and in the migrations of many of its peoples it is faced in the space of a couple generations with many of its younger people being westernised and many resisting that.
It is 600+ years younger than Christianity...just look at the bloodshed caused by christians on others and other christians in the period of the Middle Ages to the 18th century. I think it will be a century or more before Islam (some elements of) can be reconciled with the wider world.

PUSB

rob9872

someone on twitter wrote worst terrorist attack since lee rigby

jo cox doesnt count because a white guy did it?

Whilst the Twitter poster is a moron, what does colour have to do with it? If the assumption was that only one side can be terrorists, then there are millions of white Muslims too.

Ethnicity and religion are not the same thing.

covcity4life

Whilst the Twitter poster is a moron, what does colour have to do with it? If the assumption was that only one side can be terrorists, then there are millions of white Muslims too.

Ethnicity and religion are not the same thing.

you know exactly what the point is

when its a white british guy its a crazy lone wolf

when its a brown british guy its time to change facebook pic to the union jack and #prayfor

ccfc92

you know exactly what the point is

when its a white british guy its a crazy lone wolf

when its a brown british guy its time to change facebook pic to the union jack and #prayfor

A bit like when there's an attack, some people appear delighted at it being a white person who carried it out and some seem dissapointed it was a white person.

(This is an observation and my own opinion)

rob9872

No I really don't know what the point is! The reaction was the same to the Boston marathon bombers and they were white guys. I couldn't begin to know the ethnicity of the guys who have caused various atrocities in France and Belgium but I suspect at least some will have been white.

Bringing colour into it is (imo) not helpful or relevant, disappointing too as I often like your posts.

covcity4life

A bit like when there's an attack, some people appear delighted at it being a white person who carried it out and some seem dissapointed it was a white person.

(This is an observation and my own opinion)

i agree. and thats my issue, i wish everyone just showed sympathy for every life lost in the entire world. not just on home soil. i am becoming more religious and i have said a prayer for all lives lost.

im not stupid, i have paid more attention to westminister than i have syria the last 2 days, thats to be expected as i live in england it hits home harder. but its still possible to look at the bigger picture and both sides of the coin.

covcity4life

No I really don't know what the point is! The reaction was the same to the Boston marathon bombers and they were white guys. I couldn't begin to know the ethnicity of the guys who have caused various atrocities in France and Belgium but I suspect at least some will have been white.

Bringing colour into it is (imo) not helpful or relevant, disappointing too as I often like your posts.

colour unfortuntley does matter to lowlifes. the guy who did the attack yesterday was a brit. the person who killed jo cox was a brit. the reaction to both hugely different though.

covcity4life

dont really want to get into all this though, was just ranting about idiots on social media

most posters on here feel for victims everywhere, those that dont care are of no concern to me.

Users who are viewing this thread