Season tickets for 2024/2025 season (1 Viewer)

napolimp

It could be argued that pensioners have already paid for those things through a lifetime of taxes and national insurance.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make this into pensioners vs working age people, in fact quite the opposite. People legitimately get into situations where they are close to poverty for all manner of reasons, this crosses the entire age spectrum. I'm simply saying there are retired people who can afford to pay for services they get for free (or at reduced cost), and this helps the entire country. Also, the lifetime of paying taxes and national insurance only really stacks up when you're talking about state pension, but that is currently protected anyway - which is not necessarily going to be the case for someone contributing currently in their 30s/40s. And bear in mind that current pensioners didn't pay for their state pension, that money is long gone. For society to function it takes more than people just thinking about themselves.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s what the General Election is for.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

MalcSB

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make this into pensioners vs working age people, in fact quite the opposite. People legitimately get into situations where they are close to poverty for all manner of reasons, this crosses the entire age spectrum. I'm simply saying there are retired people who can afford to pay for services they get for free (or at reduced cost), and this helps the entire country. Also, the lifetime of paying taxes and national insurance only really stacks up when you're talking about state pension, but that is currently protected anyway - which is not necessarily going to be the case for someone contributing currently in their 30s/40s. And bear in mind that current pensioners didn't pay for their state pension, that money is long gone. For society to function it takes more than people just thinking about themselves.
Very clever use of the term, working age - as opposed to working. Which apparently record numbers of working age people don't do.

napolimp

Very clever use of the term, working age - as opposed to working. Which apparently record numbers of working age people don't do.

I don't generalise, and do my best to judge each person on their individual circumstances. Unemployment isn't as black and white as "hard-working" and "lazy scrounger". + I did say I'm "not trying to make this into" :)

MalcSB

I don't generalise, and do my best to judge each person on their individual circumstances. Unemployment isn't as black and white as "hard-working" and "lazy scrounger". + I did say I'm "not trying to make this into" :)
Anyway, I got no concession on my £500 premium package in a standard zone. More fool me, paid way over the odds.

wingy

Anyway what's going to happen with the balcony and and boxes this year, can't have the bulk subsidising keeping it empty this time?

Grendel

Senior citizen price deduction this season was 40 pounds I seem to remember works out at 1.74 per game. A lot haven’t got massive private pensions we are not all Grendel.

I’m not eligible for another 6 years anyway now they have raised the age

Users who are viewing this thread