Scotland v England (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Well that is exactly the point I'm making, its a direct criticism of Chelsea's policy and others alike. What chance do we have of producing the best senior players when our very best youth players can't play in our best teams.
That's the premier league for you. Managers wont risk developing players in clubs like Chelsea as failure means the sack. Unless the rules around this change then this will continue. Teams like Spurs and Liverpool have shown that a decent homegrown squad can get you places (but both have failed at the final hurdle). Whilst the money is pumping into the league, this trend will continue sadly.

Otis

I am more than happy enough if the likes of Man U, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton blood future Englnad youngsters while Chelsea and Man City don't bother.

Covstu

Even Man Utd have faltered on this one over the last few years, no where near the previous volume of talent they used to have. I think ultimately due to the size and pull these clubs have they are going to attract the big young talent but not all are going to have the opportunities. Pogba being a good example of someone who didn't quite make it at MU but was a monumental success at Juve. Players will fit into clubs better than others equally, all because they get released it doesn't mean they are failures.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am more than happy enough if the likes of Man U, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton blood future Englnad youngsters while Chelsea and Man City don't bother.
Well I'm not, the only team out of that list I'm happy is Manchester United, I want to see our english players competing and winning the top honours domestically and in Europe.

How many trophies have Liverpool, Spurs and Everton won over the last 10 years?

CJ_covblaze

Luckily managed to get a ticket with only 8 caps to my name! Was offered £200 for it before the match

I think almost everyone got one which makes it worse. Shame they couldn't have sorted us out another couple of hundred to save having away fans in the home section. Are you going tomorrow?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think almost everyone got one which makes it worse. Shame they couldn't have sorted us out another couple of hundred to save having away fans in the home section. Are you going tomorrow?

Same as Dortmund, the lads offering to buy Away end tickets for silly money weren't members, hence they couldn't get tickets.

I had to pick and choose with Scotland and France being so close together, so won't be there I'm afraid. If I was minted I would do all of the Away games!

vow

That's because I was so infuriated by the Wasps Bus being used for kids, I was thinking 80 minutes for the match.

Still the sentiment is there ;-)

giphy.gif
That lad in your GIF pic. his name is Aaron and looks hella like Aaron Paul out of Breaking Bad.

covmark

It's a shocker. To lose that is a joke. When they went down to 10 they were the better team.
Southgate couldn't manage my local public lavatories.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vow

It's a shocker. To lose that is a joke. When they went down to 10 they were the better team.
Southgate couldn't manage my local public lavatories.

Its a shit job toby fayre.

CJ_covblaze

Proud to be a part of that tonight. They made it a special night like we had done for them. Thought the game itself was pretty decent. Poor finishing from both sides though. Far too many chances fluffed. We're behind them in almost every department unfortunately. They're probably the best side on the planet at present so pretty much every other team could say that too.

Southgate's "tactics" didn't make things easy. I'm very concerned at present about him and his backroom.

Otis

Proud to be a part of that tonight. They made it a special night like we had done for them. Thought the game itself was pretty decent. Poor finishing from both sides though. Far too many chances fluffed. We're behind them in almost every department unfortunately. They're probably the best side on the planet at present so pretty much every other team could say that too.

Southgate's "tactics" didn't make things easy. I'm very concerned at present about him and his backroom.
Aren't we all. He seemed the obvious choice. Doesn't make him the right one though and picking Jones and Livermore to play for the national team doesn't provide any more assurance that he knows what he is doing.

Russia is not going to go well. That is looking clearly apparent.

Iceland showed what can be achieved if you have the right plan and attitude and spirit about you.

We on the other hand look like a disjointed mess.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think we are ok going forward and like our full backs. Our centre midfield was woeful yesterday (oh for a S Gerrard!) - they just ran through us at will. Southgate didn't seem to react tactically at all. When we equalised our players seemed to drop 10% whilst their side increased by that 10%. One of the few times I was actually chuffed for an opponent to score against us (so that Southgate wouldn't be able to hide behind a draw). I would have been way angrier if that match had been important.

SkyblueBazza

Aren't we all. He seemed the obvious choice. Doesn't make him the right one though and picking Jones and Livermore to play for the national team doesn't provide any more assurance that he knows what he is doing.

Russia is not going to go well. That is looking clearly apparent.

Iceland showed what can be achieved if you have the right plan and attitude and spirit about you.

We on the other hand look like a disjointed mess.
See...the trouble is 9:10 times management changes do not bring about instant success. Sir Bobby Robson led England to a QF then a SF in the World Cup. That QF was in 1986 - 4yrs after he took the job & 2yrs after a European Championship we failed to even qualify for.

So though I don't find Southgate an inspired choice personally, maybe he ought to be afforded plenty of time? After-all look at the last 2 World Cups & 3 Euro Championships...overall we have been a bit shit anyway...so let someone - anyone even, try to build something at least competetive

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I missed the France game on TV so after reading the reviews, I just watched our opening goal on Youtube. What a fantastic goal. We looked like world beaters for 5 minutes.

Terry Gibson's perm

The good news once he was cocked things up the Southgate experience will be over and he will never be seen again. The man is a serial loser and is only famous for missing a penalty

CJ_covblaze

The good news once he was cocked things up the Southgate experience will be over and he will never be seen again. The man is a serial loser and is only famous for missing a penalty

What about the pizza? Issue is who replaces him. The list isn't a long one. Of the current 92 PL/FL managers how many have been capped for England?

SkyblueBazza

What about the pizza? Issue is who replaces him. The list isn't a long one. Of the current 92 PL/FL managers how many have been capped for England?
Is being capped for England now a requirement for the Managers job?
I would say someone like Ranieri or Pellegrini would be best choices...good success in managing in European leagues, Champion's League & English League. Good all-round knowledge. Although Steve McLaren knocks that on the head. Perhaps we ought to retire from International football altogether?!

covmark

I would say someone like Ranieri or Pellegrini would be best choices...good success in managing in European leagues, Champion's League & English League. Good all-round knowledge. Although Steve McLaren knocks that on the head. Perhaps we ought to retire from International football altogether?!

Ranieri who ruined the Greek national team by finishing bottom of a group that contained the Faroe Islands.
No thanks.

SkyblueBazza

Ranieri who ruined the Greek national team by finishing bottom of a group that contained the Faroe Islands.
No thanks.

Yes the same one that won the Premiership with Leicester too

Gazolba

It doesn't matter who the manager is, the pool of available players is too small and too lacking in talent.
We don't really have a single world-class player.
Bale is the only world-class British player and he is Welsh.
Kane on a good day is close, but even he wouldn't get into a team like France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil or Argentina.
And with the Premier League being dominated by foreign owners, managers and players, things will only get worse, not better.

Otis

It doesn't matter who the manager is, the pool of available players is too small and too lacking in talent.
Kane on a good day is close, but even he wouldn't get into a team like France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil or Argentina.
And with the Premier League being dominated by foreign owners, managers and players, things will only get worse, not better.
And just how big is the pool of Icelandic players?

When you watch England, half the time they are tactically set up wrong or lacking passion, or it is the wrong player selection.

A better manager than Southgate I am convinced would have us competing better.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would be shocked if the players have any respect for Southgate as most will have missed his huge achievements as a player (did he win a league cup at Villa) and a hugely disappointing spell as Borough manager and then sneaked into the fa because he is easy to handle.

He should never have been given the job but he fits profiles.

clint van damme

And just how big is the pool of Icelandic players?

When you watch England, half the time they are tactically set up wrong or lacking passion, or it is the wrong player selection.

A better manager than Southgate I am convinced would have us competing better.

it will never change while football is run by the premier league for the premier league, (I know there is the football league but they beg for scraps off of the EPL table).

CJ_covblaze

Not English. No thanks.

CJ_covblaze

There are probably only two strikers on the planet better than him. Just got to keep him away from corners.

clint van damme

There are probably only two strikers on the planet better than him. Just got to keep him away from corners.

and their lies part of the problem with football in this country. Couple of decent seasons in the prem and this is the sort of hype you get.
He's no where near top 3 strikers in the world. Don't think he's even won a medal yet!

Users who are viewing this thread