Ryan Haynes (1 Viewer)

Covstu

The guy cannot defend to save his life. I seem to remember getting hammered on this very forum for saying the same he something similar as he was the new golden child around 18 months ago.

If we were playing a slow right back or in the dying embers of a game then yes I would chance him on left wing

Garryb80

Our managers have had limited funds. They have got rid of players they have no use for. They see more about the players than we do. And we have had much worse over the years.

If our manager had more to spend I would expect him gone. But until then we need squad players on a lower wage. This is where I place him. And maybe with experience he will improve.

And you did say that you want him nowhere near the team.
Correct i dont.

shmmeee

To be fair, arrogant and a massive ego would accurately describe almost every City youth player I've met bar Bigi. I do think there's something wrong with the character side of our academy set up sometimes. But maybe that's just footballers these days.

Hobo

My advice is never meet heroes, certainly don't meet wannabe heroes!

steve82

Think we should make Haynes into a winger and put Kyle Reid on the right. Helps solve our right wing problem too

rupert_bear

Always fancied Haynes as wide left of midfield from when I first saw him good left peg, mobile and pacey. Should have been established by now so perhaps there's an attitude issue. I think Slade will give him his chance I hope he takes it as it could be his last chance.

steve82

He has a few errors in him defensively, but as he showed tonight, Saturday, v Wycombe, v Portsmouth he's very good going forwards. A real threat

Nick

Administrator
To be fair for his goal it was like everybody moved out of the way and just let him stroll through, it just opened up for him! Good finish with his swinging foot though.

Grendel

He has found his level - as a League One player he is nowhere near good enough

skyblue025

Trouble is because he made his debut at 17 people expect him to be the full ticket at 21. Haynes had played around 50 game's an probably started about 1/2 of them. He is still learning the game and though will probably never be a Premier league player will go on to have a decent career at this level. It's well documented he gets nervous before games (puked up on the pitch) maybe this is one o the things holding him back.

trevelfarandwide

I'd like to see him as an attacking option in the side. Left sided clearly. Anyone else agree?

Was juuuust going to post a new thread on this...I couldn't agree more, in fact he's never looked or acted like a defender, in my opinion.

He's fast, he can dribble, he can cross (hit and miss sometimes) and when he fancies it, he can score a few - on either foot, it seems. He's being held back by defensive responsibility, me thinks, that may be what's affecting his performance and focus; I'd put him on the wing, give him a license to run his arse off and attack aggressively.

skybluegod

Was juuuust going to post a new thread on this...I couldn't agree more, in fact he's never looked or acted like a defender, in my opinion.

He's fast, he can dribble, he can cross (hit and miss sometimes) and when he fancies it, he can score a few - on either foot, it seems. He's being held back by defensive responsibility, me thinks, that may be what's affecting his performance and focus; I'd put him on the wing, give him a license to run his arse off and attack aggressively.

Didn't people say this about Hussey?
We have 3/4 managers work with him day in day out now for 3/4 years, surely if he was going to be converted, one of them would have tried it by now?

Skyblueweeman

Didn't people say this about Hussey?
We have 3/4 managers work with him day in day out now for 3/4 years, surely if he was going to be converted, one of them would have tried it by now?

To be fair, the majority of our managers over said period have been sh*t....

Paxman II

He was a defender that I remember seeing play that role many times, before he was placed in a more forward role and then a roaming role. Certainly a lot more games as a defender than Haynes has played in a City shirt so far.
It's just a comparative point. I think Haynes has more quality going forward than he will ever have as a defender.

Grendel

He was a defender that I remember seeing play that role many times, before he was placed in a more forward role and then a roaming role. Certainly a lot more games as a defender than Haynes has played in a City shirt so far.
It's just a comparative point. I think Haynes has more quality going forward than he will ever have as a defender.

Well he doesn't. He's not that quick and why would you waste time trying to re coach him when you have more than able players anyway?

The reason Haynes doesn't play and hasn't for any manager at league level is his lack of off the ball work and positional sense. Most of the time he is all over the place. I'd be amazed if he was given another deal at the club.

Users who are viewing this thread