Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I have some bad news for all the sanctimonious fuckwits on here umming and aahing about whether they are prepared to back a bid or not. There won't be a referendum! What you think or don't think amounts to jack shit. Joy will sell, or she won't irrespective of your reservations.

I can imagine you lot on the sinking deck of the Titanic and being told the SS Carpathia is on the horizon. 'We're not stepping off this ship until we get some answers about who owns that ship'

If I could like that post twice I would.

oucho

It seems that some people are trying a little too hard to discredit Hoffman. When he resigned from the board we were 16th in the Championship. Yes, discontent was emerging, and the wheels started to come off at that point - but perhaps it is no coincidence that he chose to get out then because he could no longer put his name to the decisions that were being made, especially as the mental case Dulieu had just arrived on the scene.

He went before the appointment of Thorn, before relegation from the Championship, before the underhand bids for ACL, before the plug was pulled completely on player investment, before rent strikes, before moving the club to Northampton, before the JRs, before the fall-out with Higgs and the collapse in relationship with the council, before all those seasons languishing in League 1, before relegation from league 1 - before a lot of stuff I have missed.

Yeah, so I am sure errors were made while we was on the board, but how much of a day to day influence he had (the suggestion being that it was not nearly enough as he was massively distracted at the time) and how responsible he was for decisions (none of us have the minutes from board meetings) is unclear, but it has since been said that both Ranson and Hoffman were undermined massively during those final few months - Ranson resigning about a month after Hoffman.

Personally, based on what I know, I would be willing to lend my support to Hoffman. He is successful in his career, clearly a very clever individual, and has the right intentions. That he is willing to throw his own money at this with little or no prospect of a return is to be applauded imo. Yes, I'd like to know the plan, but the suggestion he represents a continuation of SISU and it will be more of the same is absolute guff in my opinion.

Fucking hell that's a good post.

oucho

I think in the case of being taken over by Wasps - conjecture I know - it would be a case of making the same mistakes we've made in the past and expecting a different outcome.

Personally I hope a hedge fund never comes near CCFC again.

I do not understand why anyone thinks that Wasps will buy us - totally ridiculous. They lose money. The arena loses money. They need every penny they can get - why add another company, at some expense, that also makes an operational loss???

It's a stupid as people who say "we'll get liquidated" - well, no we won't.

torchomatic

I do not understand why anyone thinks that Wasps will buy us - totally ridiculous. They lose money. The arena loses money. They need every penny they can get - why add another company, at some expense, that also makes an operational loss???

It's a stupid as people who say "we'll get liquidated" - well, no we won't.

Agree was replying to someone else.

torchomatic

I have some bad news for all the sanctimonious fuckwits on here umming and aahing about whether they are prepared to back a bid or not. There won't be a referendum! What you think or don't think amounts to jack shit. Joy will sell, or she won't irrespective of your reservations.

I can imagine you lot on the sinking deck of the Titanic and being told the SS Carpathia is on the horizon. 'We're not stepping off this ship until we get some answers about who owns that ship'

And similarly "It's dark down there. Is it a step or a cliff?" Step off and find out.

oucho

Agree was replying to someone else.
Yes I know you were sorry, didn't mean to imply those were your views, was just making the point generally. Have lost count of the times I have heard people say "oh well, it might be OK if Wasps buy us"

letsallsingtogether

I can only think you are making things up...

What were you saying to the people warning against sisu when they came in?
Stop with these accusations that everyone is lying leave to our Les he's better at it.
Come tho think of it?

Irish Sky Blue

I don't, FWIW.

Doesn't matter if your worth is £eleventy billion, the club's worth sod all realistically. I'd worried for the sanity of anybody, rich or no, if any offer went into mentalist territory.

As for the rest I agree, I have no issue with not knowing about investors... now. I reserve the right to decide whether they're people I'd like involved or not until I know who they are, however!
I disagree. I think Sisu will try and get what they can, not what the club is really worth. If any of the individuals are particularly wealthy, I am sure the price would go up.I bet she would really love to know who the potential investors are.

Irish Sky Blue

That's >0

Businessmen don't become rich just by throwing cash away however. What they're worth is pretty irrelevant to whatever SISU value the club at.
But the club does have some assets, the players and Ryton. Fair enough you pay for these. Do you think Sisu will accept an upfront payment for these? I don't think so and it seems that neither does Hoffman, hence the add ons.
Hoffman already said that the money he and the others will put in will be money down the drain so straight away they are not acting like business men they are acting like fans. I think this is again something Sepalla will play on, the emotional attachment that these people seem to have for the club.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I was never on a forum at the time Sisu took over so your post is bullshit.
I was still enjoying football as they took over and never got vocal until relegation to league 1.
In fact my arrival on this board was not until 2011 a full 4 years after.
The 'Sisu Is Saving Us' wind up Gif was targeted at those pushing for action that at the time would be detrimental to CCFC future.

If it wasn't you shouting people down for questioning or having a go at SISU then I apologise.

But....

Just enjoy the day and don't ruin the party.
We are stuck with SISU so make the most of it.
I am really getting pissed of with people thinking there is a viable alternative when we have seen nothing.
Support SISU and hope they know what they are doing. If someone comes in with an offer brilliant but it hasn't happened yet.
We don't want SISU to pull the plug as with no buyer we will not exist as a club.

And the alternative is ?
SISU is the only show in town. No SISU no club.

A successfull club in league 1? What a piss take. Fuck of seppalla you old dragon.

In reply, you said:

No help whatsoever ...................... Do you have a alternative plan?
Get a grip man

Lets hope so as nobody else can.
Next season is the chance to prove themselves. They have stated they were wrong, they don't want Administration so we start on a level playing field regards points, if we don't go into administration then SISU are supporting us financially. Lets forget the past and get on with it. There is no other choice so go and get your season ticket (on DD or credit card) and get behind the lads. I feel quite up beat that SISU are talking about the future. True fans like myself have bought our tickets already.

This is called "cutting off your nose to spite your face"

Administration = Liquidation - as in our case as no one wants us.

Come on lets get behind the only game in town.

728-9f4399c2268ee6163337908256db9bfb.jpg

I liked the one about the petition to not allow SISU to buy into the Ricoh

On a positive note this petition will show SISU that there are only a few dozen lemmings.

Sorry whats the plan?

Get rid of SISU and .......................................................

This one is my favourite, where you get told you are in a minority for supporting SISU.

Petition

You replied:

No. I am a minority on this board. Most Coventry fans cannot be bothered perhaps knowing they have no chance of influencing what is going on.
I understand everyones frustrations but it is in direct conflict with running any business.
Any business taking over from SISU will do exactly the same. These businesses are all waiting on the sidelines waiting for administration so they can pick up the club without debt.
The downside is that we have point deductions, even more drastic loss of players and yet again another business plan based on income recieved which will be even more reduced.
You are playing into there hands. Stick with SISU warts and all.
Current score 149 Sisu Out, 10,000 can't be bothered. Another 15,000 waiting in the wings for success who can't be bothered.

This one was about you too

in his eyes anything that is anti sisu. he doesnt understand that people can have a view which opposes his own

That's with 5 minutes of looking while my food is cooking...

I missed this one:

Got my season ticket and going to Southampton. I would support Coventry if Mickey Mouse was in charge.
SISU are running the club as I would do if it was my money. With the new fair play regulations all clubs will need to run it this way and so we will be on a level playing field.
Hoffman is just another business man who will head the club and be answerable to shareholders. We don't want SISU to pull the plug I just wish they would communicate their situation more.
We are now behind our level so as we claw back we will have a great season.
Get real and get behind the club !!!!!!!!!

Season ticket

Irish Sky Blue

This makes no sense though.

Why would SISU be happier with the promise of nothing in the future, rather than something now?

What I mean is that if Hoffman and co said the assets were worth 3 million or whatever a proper valuation sets that figure at, I don't think that Sisu would accept it. I think that they would want more than that. If they knew that one or more of the investors were high wealth individuals, I think that price would go up even further. Someone reasonable would come to an agreement about the true worth of the item they are selling. I don't think Sisu are reasonable.

italiahorse

If it wasn't you shouting people down for questioning or having a go at SISU then I apologise.

But....

In reply, you said:

This one is my favourite, where you get told you are in a minority for supporting SISU.

Petition

You replied:

I missed this one:

Season ticket

But you said when they took over.
I joined the board in 2011.
I've made no bones I supported Sisu as CCFC owners before they went AWOL.
The difference is you have not stopped supporting them and I have.

Owners earn respect but it's nor for life if they take the piss.

You've wasted 3 hours chasing the wrong information.

Nick

Administrator
But you said when they took over.
I joined the board in 2011.
I've made no bones I supported Sisu as CCFC owners before they went AWOL.
The difference is you have not stopped supporting them and I have.

Owners earn respect but it's nor for life if they take the piss.

Ah, are you doing a Gilbert and going on wordplay then because I couldn't remember the exact dates without looking back... If you were like that in 2011 / 2012 I dread to think how sickly it was in 2008.

Can you find me some of my posts where I apparently support SISU as much as those posts? To the extent where I tell people to stick with them / back them, as in SISU and not CCFC?

skybluebeduff

But....

In reply, you said:

Petition

You replied:

I missed this one:

Season ticket

Do you get out much?

I actually envision you behind your computer like this frequently when I see your posts.
Bloody_Keyboard_Guy.gif

joemercersaces

but if you followed it's logic you wouldn't discuss pretty much anything on here especially team selection and performances. Do you still want to kiss him?!

Good of you to admit that a lot of your posts are irrelevant. Fair play!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but acting as if there's some sort of veto is plain dumb.

Nick

Administrator
Do you get out much?

I actually envision you behind your computer like this frequently when I see your posts.
Bloody_Keyboard_Guy.gif

I've been out all evening until that post, it took me a couple of minutes to do a search for Italia's posts in date order from when he first signed up. It wasn't hard to find them.

italiahorse

Ah, are you doing a Gilbert and going on wordplay then because I couldn't remember the exact dates without looking back... If you were like that in 2011 / 2012 I dread to think how sickly it was in 2008.

Can you find me some of my posts where I apparently support SISU as much as those posts? To the extent where I tell people to stick with them / back them, as in SISU and not CCFC?

Settling for their position and not criticising them can be regarded as supporting them.

" I blame Sisu a little but CCC,Wasps and Higgs (missed Gilbert) have murdered this club " don't really count.

Nick

Administrator
Settling for their position and not criticising them can be regarded as supporting them.

" I blame Sisu a little but CCC,Wasps and Higgs have murdered this club " don't really count.

No, telling people to back them is supporting them...

Find me a post I've made that comes anywhere close to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread