Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Trust approach ignored so they now want to speak to hoffman.

Phone him up then????

Get the pr fired up again.

Brylowes

Yup, if the local businessmen were them, then that's me out!
Don't get bogged down with wasps, it was an eg:
There maybe a major player who would like the club, but have no interest in entering talks
And trying to progress a deal with SISU. But if someone with we're willing to take the flack
And manage to get control, that would open the way.

hill83

In what sense does me not wanting Wasps involved mean I want SISU involved?!?

What kind of idiotic logic is that?!?

Seriously, I question some peoples' sanity around here.

You must be in love with Fisher and want to touch his ballbag.

theferret

It seems that some people are trying a little too hard to discredit Hoffman. When he resigned from the board we were 16th in the Championship. Yes, discontent was emerging, and the wheels started to come off at that point - but perhaps it is no coincidence that he chose to get out then because he could no longer put his name to the decisions that were being made, especially as the mental case Dulieu had just arrived on the scene.

He went before the appointment of Thorn, before relegation from the Championship, before the underhand bids for ACL, before the plug was pulled completely on player investment, before rent strikes, before moving the club to Northampton, before the JRs, before the fall-out with Higgs and the collapse in relationship with the council, before all those seasons languishing in League 1, before relegation from league 1 - before a lot of stuff I have missed.

Yeah, so I am sure errors were made while we was on the board, but how much of a day to day influence he had (the suggestion being that it was not nearly enough as he was massively distracted at the time) and how responsible he was for decisions (none of us have the minutes from board meetings) is unclear, but it has since been said that both Ranson and Hoffman were undermined massively during those final few months - Ranson resigning about a month after Hoffman.

Personally, based on what I know, I would be willing to lend my support to Hoffman. He is successful in his career, clearly a very clever individual, and has the right intentions. That he is willing to throw his own money at this with little or no prospect of a return is to be applauded imo. Yes, I'd like to know the plan, but the suggestion he represents a continuation of SISU and it will be more of the same is absolute guff in my opinion.

skybluebeduff

I guess you did take it the wrong way...

5e54672e1124e95dc20937f8e78ea51f_knickers-in-a-twist-knickers-in-a-twist_357-309.jpeg

clint van damme

Seriously, I question some peoples' sanity around here.[/QUOTE]

there's another Butts thread on the go so that tells you everything you need to know about the sanity levels of this forum, (and so we're clear, yes, I have contributed!)

Captain Dart

That's because the bid wasn't actually very good when we found out more information so was no way going to be accepted. It was also rejected straight out.

There always seem to be catches away from the headline figures that get people excited.

It's being realistic. If there's a bid with none of the dodgy catches and more realistic then it's more likely to be accepted.

I want bids and takeovers to work, pointing out that they won't after getting more info isn't being negative. The same as needing more info to be able to judge rather than blindly backing (which then turns out to have clauses and terms) isn't either.

Isn't it in the fans best interests for any bid accepted to be as low as possible to maximise funds available for the team rather than give them to SISU?

Grendel

Isn't it in the fans best interests for any bid accepted to be as low as possible to maximise funds available for the team rather than give them to SISU?

There will be loads of funds though Jack as we will be back to 20,000 fans a game.

Season ticket soon is it?

italiahorse

I find it hard to work out why some of our fans are against the idea of a consortium of City fans attempting to buy out Sisu. It really is bizarre.
I can only think that they see Sisu as keeping the club ticking over is better than risking a change that might make matters worse. Unfortunately at any level, any location and any capacity.
Better the devil you know ?
Others like me think the risk is worth it to get back to where we belong.
All or nothing ?

Nick

Administrator
I can only think that they see Sisu as keeping the club ticking over is better than risking a change that might make matters worse. Unfortunately at any level, any location and any capacity.
Better the devil you know ?
Others like me think the risk is worth it to get back to where we belong.
All or nothing ?
I can only think you are making things up...

What were you saying to the people warning against sisu when they came in?

Astute

Well we've got to build a team to gain those promotions and we'll be hamstrung with half of any money we make to build a better team going to SISU! I think it's madness but just my opinion, of course.
But if we didn't sell the players that we wanted to keep they would get nothing :smuggrin:

Irish Sky Blue

Why should they disclose themselves?

Surely hidden away investors and faceless people is bad, no matter whether it's SISU or Hoffman fronting it?

Read the context of what brought that up, I'm sure you will understand then.
Do you not think that Sepalla would look at each investor, weigh up what they are worth and then set the selling price based on what she thinks she can get. I thought Hoffman made a mistake on Sunday when he said that other investors had come forward with additional revenue. I think that probably put the pound signs back in her eyes. I am happy to wait until the club is prised from Sisu before all of the info is revealed if it means that the deal gets done.

italiahorse

Nope, you tried to shout them down too. There were people warning from the start, mostly the same people are being sceptical now.

You were making gifs about them saving us.

To be honest I was never on a forum at the time Sisu took over so your post is bullshit.
I was still enjoying football as they took over and never got vocal until relegation to league 1.
In fact my arrival on this board was not until 2011 a full 4 years after.
The 'Sisu Is Saving Us' wind up Gif was targeted at those pushing for action that at the time would be detrimental to CCFC future.

NorthernWisdom

Do you not think that Sepalla would look at each investor, weigh up what they are worth and then set the selling price based on what she thinks she can get.
I don't, FWIW.

Doesn't matter if your worth is £eleventy billion, the club's worth sod all realistically. I'd worried for the sanity of anybody, rich or no, if any offer went into mentalist territory.

As for the rest I agree, I have no issue with not knowing about investors... now. I reserve the right to decide whether they're people I'd like involved or not until I know who they are, however!

italiahorse

Well me and my dad will be back for a start.
Same for me now maybe home and certainly away at the moment.
Used to be half a dozen of us coming at times now it's down to me.
My away trips are now on hold as nobody wants to go and I wont be going on my lonesome own.

skybluebeduff

Nope, you tried to shout them down too. There were people warning from the start, mostly the same people are being sceptical now.

You were making gifs about them saving us.
SISU came in 2007? how's that possible unless you mean 2013 when they bought themselves out of admin?

Chipfat

He hasn't put pressure on though by revealing parts of the bid, he has eased the pressure by revealing more as it's given more to be analysed and made it clearer that it was never going to be accepted.

Also, don't try the whole "supporting SISU" line.

So by them calling it derisory offer with no detail giving or amount being offered helps who if its left as that. For sisu its great as it allows them to make out it was a pound and to shape an opinion on the investor as a joker or an attention seeker. Do you think after Hoffman came on CWR that his bid was derisory or without substance? be honest.

As for supporting Sisu if you buy a ST sadly that is what you are indirectly doing, as both supporting the boys and supporting them go hand in hand. Every year the budget gets lowered and every year they ask you for more or the same cost to watch lesser quality of standard. Its not a line Nick its the truth that's why L2 football is what fans will be going to watch next season.

I have never ridiculed those who go and never will, but thousands Nick are seeing what is as plain as Tim's BS, you go i respect that just dont understand the thought process behind it with what the owners have done with your money.

Last edited:

joemercersaces

I have some bad news for all the sanctimonious fuckwits on here umming and aahing about whether they are prepared to back a bid or not. There won't be a referendum! What you think or don't think amounts to jack shit. Joy will sell, or she won't irrespective of your reservations.

I can imagine you lot on the sinking deck of the Titanic and being told the SS Carpathia is on the horizon. 'We're not stepping off this ship until we get some answers about who owns that ship'

olderskyblue

Did you miss the earlier post lumping you in with grendel, nick and torch as SISU lovers?

Users who are viewing this thread