Rowan Fitzgerald was returningfrom the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They have pleaded guilty (the bus company). I think it's to do with working hours and tiredness.

Captain Dart

They have pleaded guilty (the bus company). I think it's to do with working hours and tiredness.
The driver was 79, should never be driving a bus at that age.

Gazolba

True.
But I don't really see any benefit to prosecuting him.
That won't change anything.
It will because he will be banned from driving, otherwise he could just continue.

skybluejelly

in fairness with the abolition of the 65 year retirement age there was not a lot the bus company could do about it ..if he passed his pcv medical which he would have to do he would have been able to
sue them for unfair dismissal if they asked him to leave purely on his age ..was an absolute terrible tragedy but more and more we will end up working into our 70's

Captain Dart

in fairness with the abolition of the 65 year retirement age there was not a lot the bus company could do about it ..if he passed his pcv medical which he would have to do he would have been able to
sue them for unfair dismissal if they asked him to leave purely on his age ..was an absolute terrible tragedy but more and more we will end up working into our 70's

He was irresponsible to continue in that job. As a former mayor of Leamington he really ought to have better judgement, but then he was a Labour councillor so I'm not surprised he is a foolish duffer.

Users who are viewing this thread