Rod McDonald (1 Viewer)

Polar

I love him! Definitely an early contender for player of the season. He wins everything. He's the dominating centre half we've been crying out for, for years

That's it isn't it - he's just very assured, strong, and heads back everything we get thrown at us. I know we are in League 2 now but we really could have used him last year - just look at how Nathan Clarke (for example) is doing now at Grimsby.

Also, he's a genuinely nice guy - randomly bumped into him outside the club shop in arena park - very down to earth and happy to humour a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Yep, love him. He is so consistent too. Game in, game out and the exact type of player we have been crying out for, for years.

His positioning and reading of the game is good, he's commanding and he's always thinking about his distribution for the most part and doesn't just hoof it away every time. There's intelligence in his play.

Very assured and calm on the ball. Definite early candidate for player of the season.

clint van damme

I know it's league 2 but I can't remember the last time I was as impressed with one of our centre halves as yesterday. He looked so calm and assured.

If, and it's a big if, we go up I don't think he'll have any problem playing at League 1 level.

pastythegreat

That's it isn't it - he's just very assured, strong, and heads back everything we get thrown at us. I know we are in League 2 now but we really could have used him last year - just look at how Nathan Clarke (for example) is doing now at Grimsby.

Also, he's a genuinely nice guy - randomly bumped into him outside the club shop in arena park - very down to earth and happy to humour a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes definitely the sort of replacement for Reda we needed to bring in. Instead we got Jordan Turnbull. So happy to see the back of JT and have have Concrete Rod instead. The lumps of strikers in this league, imagine what mess his hair would be in this league!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

One of the least guilty for going long as well, seems quite comfortable on the ball. Northampton have conceded 15 in 9 too this season. To think there were players like him sitting around in rivals reserve teams last year while that idiot Mowbray chased the now retired Kelvin Wilson all summer and then spent money on Turnbull.

oucho

Blimey, what a love-in!!

Johnnythespider

One of the least guilty for going long as well, seems quite comfortable on the ball. Northampton have conceded 15 in 9 too this season. To think there were players like him sitting around in rivals reserve teams last year while that idiot Mowbray chased the now retired Kelvin Wilson all summer and then spent money on Turnbull.
"Idiot Mowbray" the bait is set .

stevefloyd

Yep he is quality for us very calm on the ball wins headers and sprays the ball to players feet... great signing so far

Esoterica

"Idiot Mowbray" the bait is set .
Me?!! There's no bait. If Blackburn win their game in hand they'll be up to 7th and if they finish there, despite the biggest budget in L1 and missing out on what should be nailed on promotion, they should all be grateful to Tony for their BEST LEAGUE POSITION IN 10 YEARS!!

clint van damme

Me?!! There's no bait. If Blackburn win their game in hand they'll be up to 7th and if they finish there, despite the biggest budget in L1 and missing out on what should be nailed on promotion, they should all be grateful to Tony for their BEST LEAGUE POSITION IN 10 YEARS!!

first catch of the day!

covcity4life

Not biting but.coming down from league above is more like covs situstion now

Had blsxkbirn avoided rleegation from league 1 last year then im sure the fans would be wuite happy right now and indeed 7th at ens of season would represent improvement despite dissapointment of not making playoffs

10.04am covcity4life wins again over chav football fan

Nick

Administrator

Had blsxkbirn avoided rleegation from league 1 last year then im sure the fans would be wuite happy right now and indeed 7th at ens of season would represent improvement despite dissapointment of not making playoffs

They weren't in league one last year ;)

covcity4life

They weren't in league one last year ;)
I know. Thats why i said had they avoided relehation from league 1 then it would be different

As it is they come down from championship and want to bounce back first attempt just like cov want too this season. Best league posirion this year without promotion wouldnt mean much as mowbray has alreasy done that for us. Now we need next level in actual promotion

clint van damme

image.jpg

larry_david

Inspirational when cobblers walked the league. Then wilder left and Rob page came in and dropped rod and he never got a look in. How that happened I don't know but I'm delighted it did

covcity4life

My focus is on cov this year. Happy foe tm.if blaxkburn get promoted but not overly bothered

Now cov are out of league 1 i dont follow their results muxh. Same with championship

eastwoodsdustman

I think he got a bad injury and then came back under a new manager who probably didnt want to take a chance on him. Then hes sort of dropped off the radar. Lucky for us!

Samo

Who came up with Concrete Rod though? Surely it should have been Iron Rod?

Mr T - Sukka!

Who came up with Concrete Rod though? Surely it should have been Iron Rod?

Its copying Villa fans who used to Ron Vlarr Concrete Ron. Its very cringe worthy to be honest, right behind people calling Michael Doyle "Doyler"
Here's how Concrete Ron has been getting on since leaving Villa

Its just embarrassing and Chavvy, Just call him by his real name, he seems a decent player to be fair and seems to be above this level.
I expect a bid in the January transfer Window if he keeps up performances and plays consistently. I would like to see us keep hold of him if we are to challenge this season.

Otis

Maybe. As he is so cultured I was also thinking of going with Glen Roddle.

If he goes to Derby he would obviously then go on to be called RamRod.

Users who are viewing this thread