Rocksmith (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Anyone played or got the new rocksmith game?

Trying to decide whether to get it or not. For those who haven't seen its like guitar hero but you use a real guitar with the game.

Bagsy

I picked it up yesterday it's pretty good, probably wouldn't recommend it if you've never played guitar, or if your very good (been playing for years etc). But for someone like me who can play chords, couple of songs, power chords and knows the basics (but still shit), it's a pretty good tool for teaching and refining techniques, plus you get to learn a few classics on the way.

I wouldn't say its a game, it's more of a training/ practicing tool, I'd say you have to want to learn guitar, and stick with it. It's not pick up and play like guitar hero (and not something that can be picked up in a few hours).

speedie87

I would describe myself as bang average!

Can play chords and strum along to most songs I want too

I can't play barre chords though is the game based around these, or does it concentrate more on the tab/ solo side of things.

That's what i would like to improve.

Bagsy

I would describe myself as bang average!

Can play chords and strum along to most songs I want too

I can't play barre chords though is the game based around these, or does it concentrate more on the tab/ solo side of things.

That's what i would like to improve.

Sounds like me, the game does have barre chords, but it has mini games and practices to improve the techniques, these get progressively harder as you improve.

It has the follow techniques in it (with practices, mini games etc).

- Chords
- Single note
- Barre Chords
- Hammer ons and Pull offs
- Power Chords
- Slides
- Bends
- Shifting
- Palm muting

and some others, only played it for about 2 hours, but it seems good. I'd say it's worth getting as it's only £50, probably improve you and you learn a few songs along the way. But it's hard to say atm, without sticking with it for a few weeks atleast.

With regards to song, you start off playing on the note/ chord changes and it builds up as you perfect it, added single notes, hammer ons, pulls offs etc. Till you are playing the proper notes and song.

Tad

Hmm..sounds interesting. Might give it a go.

redsox

Facebook User
I've played guitar and bass for many years and I confess to being intrigued but a little put off by comments that it is slow and lags a little. Can anyone confirm or deny? Bit pricey too mind!!:guitar2:

WillieStanley

I haven't got it for the same reason but my mate and fellow guitarist has and says once you get past the tutorials at the beginning its awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread