ROCK UP TO THE RICOH (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

We have thread after thread about NOPM, boycotts etc (sorry here's another one!), but maybe it's time to use a bit of reverse physcology.
The next Saturday home game where the club offers reduced ticket prices, let's get 20k+ into the Ricoh. If there are any mad, potential investors/buyers then they would see the true potential of this club. 20k for a failing team might attract an investor with an eye for a punt and invest money into the team to release that potential.It might also inspire the team as did the Ricoh return.
I know it will put money into SISU's pocket, but like many, I'm at a loss over how we can change things.
I quietly await the usual trashing by posters who know better!!!!!

ccfcway

due to none of us able to agree if we should boycott or support the team, i might start a thread on just attending half a game, a win win !

SkyBlueRuffian

due to none of us able to agree if we should boycott or support the team, i might start a thread on just attending half a game, a win win !
Attend and we can play spot the SBT SISU lovers when the SKY cameras pan around the ground!! Nick will be there shaking his rattle no doubt.

Nick

Administrator
Attend and we can play spot the SBT SISU lovers when the SKY cameras pan around the ground!! Nick will be there shaking his rattle no doubt.

Nah, I am going to be doing a protest underneath the cameras like the muppets last time who had a go at me for pointing it out in advance. Then I am going to scramble round the ground during the game so the cameras can see me.

letsallsingtogether

Filling the ground has always been my option as I've said before the ground is already empty on a match day anyway.
That was one of the options mensioned.
How do we do it?

letsallsingtogether

Nah, I am going to be doing a protest underneath the cameras like the muppets last time who had a go at me for pointing it out in advance. Then I am going to scramble round the ground during the game so the cameras can see me.
So which one are you?
Kermit lol;)

Joy Division

The people saying 'let's fill the ground', how do they plan on doing that?

SkyBlueRuffian

muppets hey, go and tell them all that I dare you keyboard warrior!!

lifeskyblue

It's not filling the ground or emptying the ground that will achieve results it is preventing a game being played or at least delaying kickoff that will make people sit up and notice...the FA & FL would be questioned as would SISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

muppets hey, go and tell them all that I dare you keyboard warrior!!

Why are people so convinced that people wouldn't call someone a muppet or something in real life? I say stuff like that practically every day. Twonk is a favourite.

Nick

Administrator
It's not filling the ground or emptying the ground that will achieve results it is preventing a game being played or at least delaying kickoff that will make people sit up and notice...the FA & FL would be questioned as would SISU.

Surely it depends on the reason? Pitch invasions etc then they will have to start banning people.

lifeskyblue

Surely it depends on the reason? Pitch invasions etc then they will have to start banning people.

Yes there may be consequences to any form of action but you need an objective and you need some action that puts SISU on the back foot. It would be interesting on who would impose a ban on attendance as SISU don't own the ground. Wasps might not want to impose a ban on fans who have a legitimate grievance and protest peacefully.

Nick

Administrator
Yes there may be consequences to any form of action but you need an objective and you need some action that puts SISU on the back foot. It would be interesting on who would impose a ban on attendance as SISU don't own the ground. Wasps might not want to impose a ban on fans who have a legitimate grievance and protest peacefully.

Yes I can see your point with that, but if it then means FA action that will be passed down won't it?

lifeskyblue

Yes possibly and it might put some off but if there were 8000 on the pitch they could hardly impose 8000 banning orders.

Nick

Administrator
Yes possibly and it might put some off but if there were 8000 on the pitch they could hardly impose 8000 banning orders.

Also have to think on the effect on the actual playing side too, as then if they start getting pissed off...

covcity4life

Why are people so convinced that people wouldn't call someone a muppet or something in real life? I say stuff like that practically every day. Twonk is a favourite.

remember that time you called me an utter twat a-hole and said to stop pretending we are friends and stay away from you?

lol funny guy

lifeskyblue

Also have to think on the effect on the actual playing side too, as then if they start getting pissed off...

That's true. But whereas a boycott would lead to an empty soulless atmosphere to play in. One that is charged with passion and causing delay might fire the crowd and players. I guess they might respond differently. Personally I would play harder if I knew those watching had got off their asses to do something rather than merely stood outside or stayed in the pub

Nick

Administrator
That's true. But whereas a boycott would lead to an empty soulless atmosphere to play in. One that is charged with passion and causing delay might fire the crowd and players. I guess they might respond differently. Personally I would play harder if I knew those watching had got off their asses to do something rather than merely stood outside or stayed in the pub

I agree about the passion bit, but it depends how it is aimed.

Nick

Administrator
The protest is clearly against the club and specifically ownership of the club not the players. I think on that everyone can agree

Yes, but if people are taking it out at the ground where the owners arent actually there and it is just the players and football side of the thing there then it doesnt always show that.

It is like saying I want to protest at the council and singing songs to a bin man rather than the main man who isn't there and wouldn't care about my songs :(

lifeskyblue

Yes, but if people are taking it out at the ground where the owners arent actually there and it is just the players and football side of the thing there then it doesnt always show that.

It is like saying I want to protest at the council and singing songs to a bin man rather than the main man who isn't there and wouldn't care about my songs :(

The owners might not be there but if all got behind the team as and when game began then it would be clear to the media and football authorities where questions needed to be asked. I suspect the players and staff would want to join the protest but of course wouldn't be able to. Perhaps a few ex players leading it (bobby Gould possibly) would show it's not about the players but the club

Nick

Administrator
The problem with ex players is that they need to be ex players who are still following the club.

We have seen so many times that the media and football authorities don't really take much notice (other than the telegraph). Even when they do then it gets forgotten about or we will get a win and not as many are bothered again.

Like you say though, thinking outside the box rather than saying sing a song or boycott would catch more attention. Then you have to think about people outside of football and then people outside of football "politics".

In this day and age, it is more about dancing dog GIFs online than a protest at a football club. So it needs to be something that goes viral and has random people in offices talking about it and googling what it is about.

lifeskyblue

Personally still think the most dramatic and effective action would be mass protest blocking roads and away coach delaying kick off...then all in ground to support team. There the media get the anger of fans and lengths they are prepared to go to...followed by passion and support for football and the team

Nick

Administrator
Personally still think the most dramatic and effective action would be mass protest blocking roads and away coach delaying kick off...then all in ground to support team. There the media get the anger of fans and lengths they are prepared to go to...followed by passion and support for football and the team

Then that would just piss people off and then put them against the fans.

Rodders1

Like when Charlton fans lobbed balls onto the pitch last season. It definitely got national exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread