Robins to Hull!!! (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

Everytime i go online Hull are linked with a new Manager.

Sheffield Wednesday 'discuss new Danny Rohl contract' with Hull City showing interest​

Gibbo

Said it before but we’ll be his last job. Unless something absolutely incredible comes along
Absolutely. Knows that in a highly unstable profession, he has, at age 51, a well paid job for life, working with a senior colleague he likes and a bunch of players he has I assume personally selected.

There are two possible caveats to this.

1. As long as King does not start appointing extra people who diminish his control

2. If the Club does not get to at least play offs next season. Then questions may be asked about having plateaued

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He'll be expected to get them in the play offs straight away at the very least or else he'll be sacked.
A backwards step as far as I can see.
A smaller club than us with no time to build it the way he would want

ProfessorbyGrace

Speaking of Hull, I wouldn’t mind Rosenior as first team coach.

Can’t see Robbings going there, incidentally.

Mr Panda

Absolutely. Knows that in a highly unstable profession, he has, at age 51, a well paid job for life, working with a senior colleague he likes and a bunch of players he has I assume personally selected.

There are two possible caveats to this.

1. As long as King does not start appointing extra people who diminish his control

2. If the Club does not get to at least play offs next season. Then questions may be asked about having plateaued

Indeed. And I think there’s even more to it on a personal level , there’s a reason he’s never linked with other jobs and the Sunderland offer was squashed

hamertime

Money talks, it would depend on what Hull are offering I’d imagine. Also what transfer kitty he would have.

Johnnythespider

He'd have to be mad to go and work for that eejit who was on Sky the other day saying Rosenior was too defensive and they want attacking football

ptr

Was really worried until I read ‘Football Insider’.

Just people that claim to be ITK but actually don’t have a clue. Thank god we don’t have that in this forum…

bigfatronssba

As has been said before (I think by Boddy?), Robins is a very big family man. He doesn't crave the limelight, he enjoys being with his wife and kids.

Robins himself has also said how easy his job has become as he has all his own staff in place who he trusts, and because of that his job is not a stressful 24/7 role. He talked about how stressful it was at the start as he had to put all these things in place.

I really can't see him throwing all that away for the Hull. I think it would take a very big club to lure him from us

Covkid1968#

Wiseoldfool

As has been said before (I think by Boddy?), Robins is a very big family man. He doesn't crave the limelight, he enjoys being with his wife and kids.

Robins himself has also said how easy his job has become as he has all his own staff in place who he trusts, and because of that his job is not a stressful 24/7 role. He talked about how stressful it was at the start as he had to put all these things in place.

I really can't see him throwing all that away for the Hull. I think it would take a very big club to lure him from us
I agree in fact I think Mark may even become a director in the future he has certainly earned it.

JoeCCFCPUSB

Phil Brown, Nigel Adkins, Iain Dowie, Paul Jewell, Mike Phelan and Steve Bruce rumoured to be having a Battle Royal in Saudi on DAZN PPV, winner gets the Hull City job : the insider.

StrettoBoy

I reckon that’s spot on.

He seems really committed to the Sky Blues “project” and I’m sure we will have him for a few more years to come.

Hobo

Too defensive of Latibeaudiere.

😂. But Ferguson always defended his players in front of the media. But a bit more caustic on the training ground.

The idea of managers lambasting players at half time is old school and out of date. Players know when they are having a bad game they don't need telling. What players need at halftime is advice and solutions. Ferguson never ripped into players when they were losing or playing badly. The time he was critical was in games when they were 3-0 at halftime and flying and getting arrogant.

Last edited:

hamertime

If we don't make the play offs during the next few years he won't be here. Doug has lofty ambitions.

We will see what dougs ambitions are like in the summer transfer window. No one really knows if he is here to put all the money that the club makes back into the club to buy players etc or to take money out for himself.

only time will tell.

RingoCCFC

More chances of Wayne Rooney coming in and coaching the boys than Robbins going to Hull lol!

Users who are viewing this thread