Ricoh Arena to sue Northampton Town FC (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

I think the approach of ACL's lawyer is that a deal has been agreed between NTFC and Otium for the club, who are ACL's tenant, to break the lease and play at Sixfields. Since neither NTFC nor Otium have any rights, at the moment, to decide where the club play, then this could be construed as enticement for the club to break its lease with ACL.

Seems a sensible argument to me.

I agree, that makes much more sense. I am still laughing at the damages point, when ACL have a duty to mitigate!

Astute

I wonder if this move was agreed ages ago. They got a couple of our players and we get to play at their ground. After all SISU never paid any rent for a long time.

If so have ACL got proof of this?

torchomatic

Mulder and Scully will look into it for you.

I wonder if this move was agreed ages ago. They got a couple of our players and we get to play at their ground. After all SISU never paid any rent for a long time.

torchomatic

Nonleagueherewecome

Haven't we all at some point in our life! LOL! They seemed a stunner in the disco after a few ales; you get them home and you can't believe what you're hearing - they want it from behind in the back door, so to speak; the lights stay off, it's all over in minutes and you both drift off to sleep; you wake up all clammy, still suffering from the effects of those 3 pints, so you go and open the window; but you look down at the woman lying naked beside you and a little bit of sick makes its way to the back of your throat as her flacid penis, trying to hide inside a thick, black bush of pubic hair, sits there staring at you; you let out an involuntary groan and begin to cry as you try to convince yourself that the night before never happened; you fail; you get therapy; you marry and have kids; you never mention the incident to anyone.

We've all been there, haven't we! LOL!!!

A fitting analogy for our betrothal to SISU.

wingy

What Is evident Is that this whole episode is a charade ,just a waste of every bodies time It always had to get to this point and the time It has taken with the effect on all of us has been interminable/horrible wasted emotions.

Nonleagueherewecome

Knowing our luck, Sensible Soccer on an Amiga 500.

Now you're talking...quality game. Sensible World of Soccer being the best. Managed to get Whelan (950k?) into the Israeli league and he was an absolute goal machine. Great little defensive midfielder from Ghana called Oddi that cost me 150k.

torchomatic

Yep, fantastic. Tip-top, top-down football.

Now you're talking...quality game. Sensible World of Soccer being the best. Managed to get Whelan (950k?) into the Israeli league and he was an absolute goal machine. Great little defensive midfielder from Ghana called Oddi that cost me 150k.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ahhh...sensible soccer and a commodore amiga-happy days, when life was easier, and ccfc were in the premier league

My other joy was taking Plymouth from L2 (or Div 3 as it was then I think) to the top flight. There were a couple of keys, the most important one being to shoot at a certain angle.

There was a great demo free with a magazine called Sensible Moon Soccer...that was nuts, not much gravity!

And of course, who could forget Cannon Fodder...man, that was addictive!

torchomatic

Cannon Fodder was great. I used to like R-Type too.

My other joy was taking Plymouth from L2 (or Div 3 as it was then I think) to the top flight. There were a couple of keys, the most important one being to shoot at a certain angle.

There was a great demo free with a magazine called Sensible Moon Soccer...that was nuts, not much gravity!

And of course, who could forget Cannon Fodder...man, that was addictive!

Gary.j

If your partner wanted to go and live with the person that they were having an affair with, would you really bother trying legal moves to stop them?

Let's face it, this relationship is going nowhere! By all means, be angry, unhappy or in denial, but it's most people's interests to keep one's dignity and just move on!

Sisu and NTFC chairman deserve each other, sit back and watch it implode!

Paxman II

ha ha what a joke! So now ACL who have been very dismissive and "our plan can survive without the football club" decide to try scaremongering tactics that don't have a cat in hells chance of succeeding and very reminiscent of SISU style skulduggery?

And we all accept ACL as the football clubs friend? This kind of company? What they should be doing is talking to the very people they are once again threatening.

Amazing isn't it how both these protagonist are as bad as each other? No wonder we are where we are. Neither can negotiate themselves out of a paper bag.

I think the Trust should sue both sides for causing undue stress on the supporters of CCFC. Maybe that will have more chance in court?;)

James Smith

Haven't we all at some point in our life! LOL! They seemed a stunner in the disco after a few ales; you get them home and you can't believe what you're hearing - they want it from behind in the back door, so to speak; the lights stay off, it's all over in minutes and you both drift off to sleep; you wake up all clammy, still suffering from the effects of those 3 pints, so you go and open the window; but you look down at the woman lying naked beside you and a little bit of sick makes its way to the back of your throat as her flacid penis, trying to hide inside a thick, black bush of pubic hair, sits there staring at you; you let out an involuntary groan and begin to cry as you try to convince yourself that the night before never happened; you fail; you get therapy; you marry and have kids; you never mention the incident to anyone.

We've all been there, haven't we! LOL!!!
Have you been reading my diary? :eek: :eek:

Sutty

Empty threat from ACL as far as I can see. If they have a claim it's surely against SISU. They aren't bringing legal action against NTFC, this letter is only a statement of intent to do so.

This argument that they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have a case is complete rubbish. I've been threatened with legal action myself. I'd done nothing wrong, it was just an attempt to scare me into handing some money over. As far as I can see that's all that's happening here. ACL are trying to scare NTFC into pulling out of the deal.

James Smith

Empty threat from ACL as far as I can see. If they have a claim it's surely against SISU. They aren't bringing legal action against NTFC, this letter is only a statement of intent to do so.

This argument that they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have a case is complete rubbish. I've been threatened with legal action myself. I'd done nothing wrong, it was just an attempt to scare me into handing some money over. As far as I can see that's all that's happening here. ACL are trying to scare NTFC into pulling out of the deal.

I thought (and I may be wrong) that before going to court you had to have made an effort to sort out your differences, so if ACL don't ask NTFC to stop dealing with Otium (through lawyers or otherwise) before taking legal action then the court might not be too impressed.

simple_simon

I went on there forums, they seem 50/50 about this but all seem very much behind there chairman.
The ACL thing taking them to court seems to have made them very anti us fans at present.
Some are just laughing and say take the money and stuff Cov.

NTFC

Your fans have given us nothing to get behind. No effective protest on a national scale that we can join in with. All your doing is continuing to be obsessed with "Protesting" at Sixfields and potentially bringing trouble to our door. I must say that the overall CCFC protest "movement" seems totally without direction, fractured and ineffective. You don't seem bothered at all about our solidarity and forget that none of us wanted to be associated with the infectious disease in control of your club.

Johnnythespider

I went on there forums, they seem 50/50 about this but all seem very much behind there chairman.
The ACL thing taking them to court seems to have made them very anti us fans at present.
Some are just laughing and say take the money and stuff Cov.

They have a forum ?

chiefdave

Your fans have given us nothing to get behind. No effective protest on a national scale that we can join in with. All your doing is continuing to be obsessed with "Protesting" at Sixfields and potentially bringing trouble to our door. I must say that the overall CCFC protest "movement" seems totally without direction, fractured and ineffective. You don't seem bothered at all about our solidarity and forget that none of us wanted to be associated with the infectious disease in control of your club.

that's a bit harsh. just take a look on the hotel end forum, every time a Cov fan goes on there to point out what is actually going on and why NTFC fans should be against it they get a load of abuse!

The trust are arranging a protest on July 20th and I'm sure your fans will be very welcome. As I understand it the protest at your ground at the weekend is not being arranged by our trust, not sure how you think we can stop individual fans doing anything they feel like doing or why you think every protest is going to end in a punch up.

NTFC

that's a bit harsh. just take a look on the hotel end forum, every time a Cov fan goes on there to point out what is actually going on and why NTFC fans should be against it they get a load of abuse!

The trust are arranging a protest on July 20th and I'm sure your fans will be very welcome. As I understand it the protest at your ground at the weekend is not being arranged by our trust, not sure how you think we can stop individual fans doing anything they feel like doing or why you think every protest is going to end in a punch up.

What is happening on the 20th?

chiefdave

What is happening on the 20th?

We have no official protest panned for Saturday, we felt that it would be better to get behind the team and show that its not he payers that are hurting the supporters. Michael is with the Trust but he felt that he wanted to do more on Saturday. The Trust is planning an event on Saturday 20th that will allow all supporters and those from Coventry who do not agree with the move from Coventry to get involved.

As far as I know it is going to involve Lady Godiva, not sure who's got nominated for that role! Imagine there will be more details in the next couple of days as they've only just had the go ahead from the police.

The CableGuy

Just saw this on Twitter and my 1st thought was "hhahaha, nice joke."

Then I realised that shit has got real.

If you tried to sell this sorry saga as a film to Hollywood they would laugh you out of town, "no way would our audience believe that shit!"

Sky Blues

The lease cannot be 'tied' to the golden share as such. The lease is only tied to the tenant and the guarantor (if there is one). As has been discussed, just because the tenant is in administration, does not mean that the Landlord (ACL) would have exercised their right to forfiet the lease. The fact that they have publlicly stated things such as, we did not ask the club to leave the ground, suggests that the lease has not been forfeited.

The information available on the net, appears to state that this is more of a contract/competition law point. And the point that NTFC are making is that, they are not responsible for 'poaching' any clients. The burden of proof would be on ACL to prove that NTFC approached the club and in all honesty, I cannot see there being any weight at all to this arguement.

Erica, I'm confused. Three weeks ago you suggested (or at any rate I interpreted your words below as suggesting) the lease had been broken by ACL through their actions. But the ACL lawyer is saying today that it is still active. Did I misunderstand you words or is this one of these legal minefields where two seemingly contradictory statements can be true at the same time? :confused:

1. There will be a forfeiture clause in the lease, which will give the landlord the right to terminate the lease for a number of reasons ie breach of covenant, non payment of rent, insolvency. From landlords actions, lease has already been terminated. So the lease will not remain

My point is that, the Landlord's action, suggest that this right in what ever form (non payment of rent/breach of covenant) has already been exercised

Users who are viewing this thread