Retreating from the digital time wasters (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm about to embark on a 30 day experiment......starts tomorrow!

I spend most of my working days alone (well, the dog is here too) & whilst I'm pretty good at not wasting my time on the internet at the weekend.....I do waste valuable time (mainly on here) during the working week.....

I reckon by reverting to my old nokia phone & employing a little will power, I could re-claim about 8 hours per week.....& I don't even do facebook, twitter or instagram etc.

I appreciate the irony of starting a thread about it on a footy forum, but anyone else concerned about wasting a big chunk of life chatting/watching/reading shite on the internet?

covcity4life

I onow whay you mean. Ive noticed indont enjoy tv series as much as i used to. Mainly because i start browing phone and miss half storylines.

Also whaysapp groups are bon stop doscussion

I mihht put a bix by door and have a no phone zone for 2 hours a evening

Otis

I'm about to embark on a 30 day experiment......starts tomorrow!

I spend most of my working days alone (well, the dog is here too) & whilst I'm pretty good at not wasting my time on the internet at the weekend.....I do waste valuable time (mainly on here) during the working week.....

I reckon by reverting to my old nokia phone & employing a little will power, I could re-claim about 8 hours per week.....& I don't even do facebook, twitter or instagram etc.

I appreciate the irony of starting a thread about it on a footy forum, but anyone else concerned about wasting a big chunk of life chatting/watching/reading shite on the internet?
I don't do Twitter or Facebook or any of the others either.

I too have considered a similar experiment. No Internet, no phones, no TV, for a week. Me, the missus and the daughter.

I wouls easily last the 7 days
My daughter wouldn't last 7 minutes.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Well......that lasted a little longer than planned:cigar:

So apart from a wembley final, 4 UK terrorist attacks, a general election, a towering inferno & the obligatory hoffman inspired raising then dashing of all hope...have I missed much?

I have to say, In the time I've spent away from the internet, I've built a beautiful bike, a wooden den for my kids, I've fixed my lambretta, I've spent more time at home with family & I've been making more money at werk......so I'll defo only be an occasional visitor from now on.

Only came on today cos the draw of the fixture release was too strong........sadly, I don't seem to be able to quit CCFC as easy as the internet, or heroin, so no doubt I'll be seeing some of you at some great looking away days.

Heres to finishing 17th......

Love to all the SBA.

toodle pip.:cigar:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I came off twitter , I was becoming addicted to it.

Users who are viewing this thread