Respect to Exeter fans tonight ! (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Thought that was a good value night and a reasonable game of football. Certainly better than that shite I witnessed versus Preston. We have some promising kids and looked ok when we took a gamble and moved up the pitch a tad. Great to see any City win anyway. Fair play to the Grecians who travelled in good numbers for a JPT game and got behind their side. Fair play to the SBA for the turnout too.
PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Christ, they were clapping and going on for ages with the chants. Kept expecting them to stop but gave it loads!

I bet their hands stayed warm though.

RoboCCFC90

Christ, they were clapping and going on for ages with the chants. Kept expecting them to stop but gave it loads!

For the last twenty minutes they were singing for Adam 'Stanno' Stansfield, top lad and sadly no longer with us, they adored him. Top support from 400 odd fans that travelled up, got to see some old friends as well which was even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Great following.

Otis

It was such a big occasion for them though.

Usually they are sat at home hitting things with sticks, or sat on a wall waiting 2 days for a bus to come to take them to the village, so they can buy shiny things to bury in their gardens.

D

Deleted member 4439

Excellent following and terrific support. Dare I say that they bossed Singers Corner (though good turn-out of the same).

SkyBlueBoonie

First game in a very long time (about 6/7 years to precise) because of my dad or me being busy all the time but it was a good game to watch and it gave me a buzz for going to another game very soon PUSB

Gaz71

There drummer was louder than ours, and like above post there song was for Stanno, Adam Stansfield, who sadly passed away in 2010

Nick

Administrator
I couldn't make out what they were actually saying, but they were noisy when they got going.

Del Boy 82

Fantastic support from Exeter! Created a good atmosphere in the Ricoh for a change. Wish we could create a atmosphere like that every week.

RoboCCFC90

I couldn't make out what they were actually saying, but they were noisy when they got going.

"We'll sing a song for our Stanno, cos we will never let you go, you'll always be, at City with me"

pusbccfc

In all fairness, they only really got going once we were 3-0 up.

Singers Corner was excellent again, just a shame the rest of the ground decide not to sing.

RoboCCFC90

In all fairness, they only really got going once we were 3-0 up.

Singers Corner was excellent again, just a shame the rest of the ground decide not to sing.

I agree, I thought Singers Corner was decent tonight...

RFC

A credit to their club, nice to witness.

pusbccfc

We had the biggest crowd tonight.
Only 5800 at Portsmouth came close.

Preston had 3800 against Port Vale... horrendous crowd.

letsallsingtogether

Some will still say fickle City fans couldn't be bothered and it was only a fiver. Yes more the I expected for this round.
We had the biggest crowd tonight.
Only 5800 at Portsmouth came close.

Preston had 3800 against Port Vale... horrendous crowd.

Hobo

It must be tough being an Exeter fan on the road. They don't get many short journeys.
So here is to the Exeter travelling support:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

glancy89

Great support from the travelling fans, put ours to shame i think we stood up twice for "if you love city" chant and a few renditions of our song but thats it, lots of grunts from the young kids trying to pay passing football and keeping the ball rather than lumping it long. Poor turn out for a £5 ticket match. Pleased with result however!! Bring on Crewe!! PUSB!

ecky

Their drummer was excellent they deserved their goal
Their right back and their goal scorer were brilliant well worth city having a look at them both..

letsallsingtogether

Poor turn out have a word with yourself paint pot cup round 2 how many did you expect highest of the night? many teams don't get that in the league cup FFS?
Great support from the travelling fans, put ours to shame i think we stood up twice for "if you love city" chant and a few renditions of our song but thats it, lots of grunts from the young kids trying to pay passing football and keeping the ball rather than lumping it long. Poor turn out for a £5 ticket match. Pleased with result however!! Bring on Crewe!! PUSB!

skybluelee

Poor turn out have a word with yourself paint pot cup round 2 how many did you expect highest of the night? many teams don't get that in the league cup FFS?

So to confirm, most local City 'supporters' won't attend league games because they are too expensive and won't attend £5 games because its only round 2 of the JPT? What games will they attend again?

motorservices

Hi all

Just signed up, i visited you're lovely ground last night with ECFC

First id like to say, you have a fantastic ground and all the stewards and fans i spoke to were really nice and helpful

The game (as i expected) was a very good game, played well by both teams, even at 3 nil down both teams were playing good football, fair result imho

Our song mis for Stanno rip, he is missed everyday by all of us at SJP, and his song is often sung for long spells, gone but never forgotten

Thank you for making us feel so welcome, and for a great night out

UTC

Users who are viewing this thread