Removing nelsons column (1 Viewer)

Macca

I guess it is becoming increasingly irrelevant to the modern population of London in fairness

Kingokings204

seen there was a call to do this? Mirroring the US by erasing history? Just wrong I reckon!

Yes this was last week I think. Some people seem to want to erase history and ignore good things these people did for our country to warrant the statue. It's simply ludicrous.

Where does it end?

Captain Dart

Ashdown

seen there was a call to do this? Mirroring the US by erasing history? Just wrong I reckon!
When you start erasing history and our foundation stones and only look to the future then its gonna be bleak. Parts of the country are already starting to resemble Alcatraz and scenes from mad Max ! Crime is rising as the police are cut and the courts are just pathetic. It's all a steady erosion !

Liquid Gold

Anybody that supports this is proper nuts. I saw the article in the guardian and the guy seemed to be one of those people that just wanted some attention.

Otis

The haven't ripped up the Autobahns though.

Rewriting History isn't on.Its happened and it was a different time. How far back do we go and where would you draw a line? Should we start banging on at Italy about the Roman invasion asking for reparations?
Well I think all Italians should be banned from going to the zoo for feeding us to the lions for starters.

SIR ERNIE

All this article proves is that anyone who takes The Guardian seriously is as bonkers as the paper itself. It’s a worthless lefty rag that can only hope to influence the gullible by giving a voice to loony columnists like the daft woman who wrote this article and obnoxious whingers like the painful Owen Jones.

The only thing that surprises me about this thread is that Sick Boy hasn’t given the story a ‘like’ and suggested that Lord Nelson be replaced by a statue of Dianne Abbott.

Sick Boy

All this article proves is that anyone who takes The Guardian seriously is as bonkers as the paper itself. It’s a worthless lefty rag that can only hope to influence the gullible by giving a voice to loony columnists like the daft woman who wrote this article and obnoxious whingers like the painful Owen Jones.

The only thing that surprises me about this thread is that Sick Boy hasn’t given the story a ‘like’ and suggested that Lord Nelson be replaced by a statue of Dianne Abbott.

That's ridiculous. David Lammy would be much better.

dutchman

21056402_1874539236099930_919453258559258624_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread