Relocating to Coventry - advice welcome! (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Last edited:

RedSalmon

Earlsdon is a pretty good place to live, although there are far more students about thanks to the expansion of Cov Uni.

Plenty of decent places to eat and drink and only a ten minute walk to Chapelfields if you want more traditional pubs. Memorial park is just around the corner as is the train station. Ten minutes walk away is a shopping parade "Central Six" that has a few nice shops.

Road links are pretty good too, the A45 is just down the road. Parking can be a bit of a problem, but our lovely Council has introduced a residents parking scheme.

Another place that you might consider is a new development called Bannerbrook which is on the old Massey Ferguson site. Have been round there a few times and all the houses looked really nice.

If you do move to Coventry................don't be frightened of the Ring Road. Its the only thing the Council ever got right.

Otis

This article links to a postcode lookup for deprivation
How deprived is where I live in Coventry and Warwickshire? Compare your street with the rest of the country

and here is same visualised.. (source Geodemographics of Housing in Great Britain) basically stick to the SE, green is good
View attachment 6281

I did this a few months ago and it said my road was pretty good.

Since the family across the road got evicted last week I am now guessing we are among the most desirable streets in Coventry.

Until the council move the next lot of reprobates in of course.

Gazolba

I had an old girlfriend in Coventry once who said her future dream was a three-bedroom house in Mount Nod. We broke up soon after. How is Mount Nod these days?

PS. I traced her recently and she is living in Rugby. Myself, I always liked Meriden.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCoco88

I had an old girlfriend in Coventry once who said her future dream was a three-bedroom house in Mount Nod. We broke up soon after. How is Mount Nod these days?
PS. I traced her recently and she is living in Rugby. Myself, I always liked Meriden.
I live in a 3 bed house in Mount Nod, I'm not your ex girlfriend am I?

trevelfarandwide

Get yourself to Nuneaton my house is for sale sounds perfect for you:D

The advice on here is all good so far

Fair play to you for living in Nuneaton, mate, actually, you deserve some sort of civic award and the keys to the shithole, I mean town, sorry. :)

Whitestone was probably the nicest area of Nuneaton, but I'm talking 10-15 years ago here, when I briefly shacked up with a bit of alright who had a gigantic house in Lutterworth Rd, Whitestone. Her bank balance was jaw-droppingly flush as well...wonder if she's on Facebook...

Anyway, I digress. But yes, Whitestone was very, very nice. Probably worth a look, if one doesn't mind driving through the town centre to get to Cov.

SkyBlueCoco88

I'm still surprised the "sent to Coventry" joke hasn't been made, maybe we are past that. In all honesty I live in Mount Nod and would recommend it and Eastern Green. Near the A45 a couple of nice pubs about and not far from the city centre.

Grendel

you'll get somewhere very decent for that money. Kenilworth is great, plenty of restaurants and bars and an easy commute into Coventry.
If you actually want to be in Coventry then for that sort of money I'd be looking at Stivichall or top of Earlsdon.

I like kenilworth and have looked at living there. Bars and restaurants are great. Only thing against is lack of decent shops. More charity shops than anything else - never understood that.

Otis

I like kenilworth and have looked at living there. Bars and restaurants are great. Only thing against is lack of decent shops. More charity shops than anything else - never understood that.
Yep, it's weird.

We booked to go to Zizzi in Kenilworth and got there early, so decided to look round the shops, but there's loads of charity shops and not much else.

You would have thought it would have much better shopping options.

Terry Gibson's perm

Fair play to you for living in Nuneaton, mate, actually, you deserve some sort of civic award and the keys to the shithole, I mean town, sorry. :)

Whitestone was probably the nicest area of Nuneaton, but I'm talking 10-15 years ago here, when I briefly shacked up with a bit of alright who had a gigantic house in Lutterworth Rd, Whitestone. Her bank balance was jaw-droppingly flush as well...wonder if she's on Facebook...

Anyway, I digress. But yes, Whitestone was very, very nice. Probably worth a look, if one doesn't mind driving through the town centre to get to Cov.

If you have to drive anywhere in Nuneaton be prepared for a wait far too many people here now and the roads just clog up, we live on a new estate between the Amid Palace and the hospital but need to move to St Nic Park fir schools. Some very expensive houses here now 500k plus

Astute

If you have to drive anywhere in Nuneaton be prepared for a wait far too many people here now and the roads just clog up, we live on a new estate between the Amid Palace and the hospital but need to move to St Nic Park fir schools. Some very expensive houses here now 500k plus
F#ck me. When I was a lad 500k would have bought Nuneaton.

clint van damme

that's a good point. Leamington probably the nearest decent shopping, or Solihull, (which is OK).

wingy

You lot are much better craic than the Wolves fans when I had to move there a few years ago! Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. Really, really helpful and we're in the process of setting up viewings now.
Are you signing for the City? ;-)

SkyblueBazza

You like them older do you?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Whoever the OP is...unless he is being signed by CCFC - he isn't coming here for the football...in fact some might argue that even if he is signing for CCFC he isn't coming here for the football either!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Otis

And don't come in and live in my road. ;)

My side is nice, but the other side of the road is the other side of the tracks. Owned our side, council housing the opposite side.

One family got evicted last week. Finally! After 5 years of police cars and ambulances and fire engines and noise and drugs etc.

All finally came to a head when they threatened a lovely old couple at the end of the row who wouldn't hurt a fly.

It is a nice street here, but let down by just three families. :(

Such a shame. Our neighbours, both sides are absolutely lovely.

I am sure you will find somewhere really nice for that sort of rent.

Good luck. :)

Either the council have over allocated, or the evicted neighbours did a Rolling Stone/Who style hotel room smash up.

There are SIX Whitefriars vans outside the house opposite and about 15 council officials inside. Good grief!!

shmmeee

I think it's officially Allesley Green. My in laws live up there, very nice area. A certain combative FA Cup winning central midfielder lives in the area too I believe!

My mate lives here, nice area, seems very family oriented.

Bits of Cannon Park are quite nice, but it blends into Canley so you have to be careful.

Kenilworth and Leamington also have some dodgy areas, but if you can afford it the nice bits are very nice. Warwick, any of the little villages are nice IMHO. Avoid Wood End, Potters Green, Foleshill, Hillfields, Canley, Radford IMO. Generally you can tell by looking. I love Earlsdon born and bred there but it's massively overpriced for what you get.

Some of the new estates like the old Marconi site and New Stoke Village are OK, sort of second tier.

shmmeee

Earlsdon is a pretty good place to live, although there are far more students about thanks to the expansion of Cov Uni.

Plenty of decent places to eat and drink and only a ten minute walk to Chapelfields if you want more traditional pubs. Memorial park is just around the corner as is the train station. Ten minutes walk away is a shopping parade "Central Six" that has a few nice shops.

Road links are pretty good too, the A45 is just down the road. Parking can be a bit of a problem, but our lovely Council has introduced a residents parking scheme.

Another place that you might consider is a new development called Bannerbrook which is on the old Massey Ferguson site. Have been round there a few times and all the houses looked really nice.

If you do move to Coventry................don't be frightened of the Ring Road. Its the only thing the Council ever got right.

But use it properly!!

Last thing we need is more people who think you stay in the left lane all the time :/

no_loyalty

If you have a fair bit of doe, then look to rent on Kenilworth road

Users who are viewing this thread