Relegation thread (1 Viewer)

oucho

We have indeed done well in the Checkatrade, but that is irrelevant when you are talking about a semi-final and a trip to Wembley and the chance of winning silverware.

You are surely not saying a win in an earlier round in front of 2,000 fans is going to have the same boost to a club as a trip to a Wembley cup final?

Incomparable.

I do have to say I think you are very wrong. Tomorrow is a powder keg waiting to explode.

We win it will all be smiles and good vibrations. We lose and it is all going to kick off big style.

Fans are already angry, already protesting, already invading the pitch and throwing things. Do you not think we if go a couple of goals down and look like we are heading for certain defeat that the protests will get out of hand?

Unfortunately, as you don't rate the trophy I think you are looking through rather one sided, blinkered glasses. This trophy night not mean anything to you, but clearly from the posts on here, it does to a great many of us.

A win tomorrow will be all over the local news and City fans will be talking about it at work and school and down the pub.

There will be a buzz about tickets to the final and a feelgood factor. Surely that is beyond any doubt?

Obviously not saying it will be anything like the scale of 87, but a win is a win and a trip to Wembley is a chance for a great day out for us all.

It's not just me, there have been a number of posters saying if we lose it is all going to go horribly wrong. :(

I'm sure noting will kick off tomorrow - nobody cares sufficiently about the JPT surely?

I note that our upturn under Slade, the two draws, was followed by the win over Brighton when Slade started going on about Wembley to the squad (by his own admission) - our run of 4 defeats has directly followed. Our squad's minds are elsewhere.

Otis

I'm sure noting will kick off tomorrow - nobody cares sufficiently about the JPT surely?

I note that our upturn under Slade, the two draws, was followed by the win over Brighton when Slade started going on about Wembley to the squad (by his own admission) - our run of 4 defeats has directly followed. Our squad's minds are elsewhere.
If we are say 2-0 down tomorrow it will undoubtedly all kick off. I have no doubt about it at all, unfortunately. :(

And there are plenty of us who care about this competition.

We care about anything that takes us to a cup final at Wembley.

stevefloyd

Tuesday is vital without doubt.

Can you just imagine how low we are going to feel if we lose. I think the whole club and city will have completely given up hope and we will sink without trace.

It is a massive, massive game.
Prepare yourself because I don't think we have sunk to our lowest yet

Otis

Prepare yourself because I don't think we have sunk to our lowest yet
I agree.

I think that will be tomorrow night if we lose. The one true last bit of hope.

We all accept that to survive is a massive massive ask and most unlikely, so most have given up and accepted our fate.

The one bright spark in our entire season has been the Checkatrade Trophy, where we have been excellent.

oucho

If we are say 2-0 down tomorrow it will undoubtedly all kick off. I have no doubt about it at all, unfortunately. :( You have no doubt, but there clearly is doubt, it hasn't happened yet!

And there are plenty of us who care about this competition. So that's why we averaged less than 2k for home games in the competition this season?

We care about anything that takes us to a cup final at Wembley. I might (emphasise 'might ' go to Wembley but only for the day out with my mates;it's not a competition any of us care abotu winning unlike say, the FA Cup

Instead of going, I'm going down the pub with a couple of mates and only drinking softies at the moment too.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Euphoria or angry despair.

Think we are going to get one or the other tomorrow.
We've had 9 + years of despair !!! :facepalm:

Otis

Instead of going, I'm going down the pub with a couple of mates and only drinking softies at the moment too.

I have no doubt it will happen. Many have said the same.

We go 2 down or 1 nil down with a couple of minutes to go I believe will get pitch invasions, tennis balls, all sorts.

You have to remember people want Sisu out because they feel they don't care about this club and don't invest.

Losing in the semi-final of this competition will highlight that lack of investment and fans will react to that.

No doubt from me at all. You can have no doubt something is going to happen, same as I had no doubt that Sordell would be sold and that Stevenson will be. Stevenson WILL be sold. It's a given.

As for the 2,000, that wasn't the semi-final was it. There are low crowds for many games in the early rounds of the FA Cup too. This is the semi-final.

Are you not even watching the game on TV?

Otis

I still don't get how you can say this trophy is not one any of us care about, when many of us clearly do. Or are you just talking about you and your mates?

I do hope you are going to watch the game. I would be shocked if any City fan deliberately missed it.

Biggest game for some time.

oucho

I still don't get how you can say this trophy is not one any of us care about, when many of us clearly do. Or are you just talking about you and your mates?

I do hope you are going to watch the game. I would be shocked if any City fan deliberately missed it.

Biggest game for some time.
Mate it's just a sideshow, and irrelevant one at that. That's just my view - I get that you're excited but I'm not. Look at the crowd tomorrow compared to the Crewe game (and I didn't go to that either so I'm consistent in my opposition to our participation in this nothing of a trophy). I definitely won't lift a finger to go tomorrow and I certainly won't be watching on Sky either. Frankly if we get to Wembley I doubt I'll bother going.

It's like watching your house burning down whilst standing in the front garden, and then getting all excited because the tulips are looking splendid and have come out early.

The FA Cup is a journey where you get excited through multiple hard fought rounds. In this pox-fest of a tournament we've had some of smallest crowds in history as we've played youth teams and minor league sides, and nobody has cared until the prospect of Wembley has been bandied about. i've been there many times including for a JPT final and I can tell you it's nothing that special; certainly nothing that is going to distract me from the clusterfuck going down at CCFC at present.

Otis

Mate it's just a sideshow, and irrelevant one at that. That's just my view - I get that you're excited but I'm not. Look at the crowd tomorrow compared to the Crewe game (and I didn't go to that either so I'm consistent in my opposition to our participation in this nothing of a trophy). I definitely won't lift a finger to go tomorrow and I certainly won't be watching on Sky either. Frankly if we get to Wembley I doubt I'll bother going.

It's like watching your house burning down whilst standing in the front garden, and then getting all excited because the tulips are looking splendid and have come out early.

The FA Cup is a journey where you get excited through multiple hard fought rounds. In this pox-fest of a tournament we've had some of smallest crowds in history as we've played youth teams and minor league sides, and nobody has cared until the prospect of Wembley has been bandied about. i've been there many times including for a JPT final and I can tell you it's nothing that special; certainly nothing that is going to distract me from the clusterfuck going down at CCFC at present.
Yep, get all that, but don't you want to see your team win, whatever game it is, whatever the competition?

I get about not being excited enough to go up, but to not even watch it on TV I don't get at all.

I am even happy when the U18's win, or the U21's win, or we win a friendly.

You'd watch the final on TV wouldn't you, you reckon?

stevefloyd

For me its the excotement of the kids they support this shitfest of a club and for them to be happy even if its short lived is great in my opinion. A Wembley visit for them is a day for them to remember although i cannot see us getting there barring some sort of magic being sprinkled over our team

rupert_bear

I am struggling to decide whether to go and pay at the gate or not a and I live in walking distance of the Ricoh,veteran of Trakia Plovdiv, Bayern Munich both away, loads of other big games over the years mostly do or die relegation ones also including Crewe at 3-0 down, is that an indication of how fans feel ? Got 7 season ticket holders in my lot, I'm not one by the way. none are going, to a semi for a long awaited Wembley visit !!!

JulianDarbyFTW

Semi-Final of a cup competition, the same stage that we sold 30,000 tickets for only a handful of years ago, and now we're going to get 12k or so. When 60 percent of your 'customers' don't want to shop with you any more, it's time to roll down the shutters.

rupert_bear

And lets not use this it's only a tin-pot club mantra, no more tin-pot than the JPT when we filled the Ricoh and took loads away to Crewe even though we were 3-0 down. The big boys in the Premier view the league cup as a bit of a tin-pot cup but who gets to the final ? One of the big boys normally, two this year on what's bound to be a right feisty match

Otis

Semi-Final of a cup competition, the same stage that we sold 30,000 tickets for only a handful of years ago, and now we're going to get 12k or so. When 60 percent of your 'customers' don't want to shop with you any more, it's time to roll down the shutters.
I do think being live on TV makes a massive difference.

Hard to guage how much higher the attendance would be, but being on TV does paint a distorted picture.

stevefloyd

I too was at the bayern game at home sern muller getting arsy because we were beating them 2-1 what a memory for me. I know this fixture doesnt quite have the same appeal and if we was competing in the league the city would again be buzzing sadly its not so we have just a few of the faithful going tonight just in case we pull off a shock victory against the mighty Wycombe

Warwickhunt

No 2 ways about it we are the underdogs in this one! Wycombe on a roll CCFC in despair. Good old Joe public love an underdog! There will be a lot more ex city fans watching it on TV than will admit it.

Captain Dart

oucho

Yep, get all that, but don't you want to see your team win, whatever game it is, whatever the competition?

I get about not being excited enough to go up, but to not even watch it on TV I don't get at all.

I am even happy when the U18's win, or the U21's win, or we win a friendly.

You'd watch the final on TV wouldn't you, you reckon?
So would you say you are just as excited about Wycombe as you were about Millwall on Sat? Doesn't sound like it to me.

Imagine 2 years time if we have dropped into the National League....we reach the semis of the FA Trophy - will you be as excited as this in that scenario?

Monners

The fact that it will be nowhere near a sell out speaks volumes in itself. Should be excited about this, but I am not because the off the pitch situation is way bigger an issue for me. The state of the club on the pitch is a consequence of owners and football governing bodies that simply don't care.

I am not going to pretend for 90 minutes that all is good in the world. I am not going or even watching. Will keep an eye on the score perhaps as always though

Otis

So would you say you are just as excited about Wycombe as you were about Millwall on Sat? Doesn't sound like it to me.

Imagine 2 years time if we have dropped into the National League....we reach the semis of the FA Trophy - will you be as excited as this in that scenario?

I am much more excited for tonight than Millwall by a long chalk.

Yep, we drop down to non-league and reach the FA Trophy I will be just as excited as tonight.

A semi-final is a semi-final. A trip to Wembley is a trip to Wembley and any trophy is one more trophy in the trophy cabinet.

Otis

Still can't get my head around people not even watching the game on TV tonight.

Find that beyond comprehension personally.

Ashdown

The utter bastards that are SISU have degraded us to the point where our swansong really could be this trip to Wembley, although my business head thinks they will snaffle another £1 million off the back of this and hand around like the slow poison that they are !?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The utter bastards that are SISU have degraded us to the point where our swansong really could be this trip to Wembley, although my business head thinks they will snaffle another £1 million off the back of this and hand around like the slow poison that they are !?
They're not going anywhere you don't sell at the bottom of the cycle. And we're at the moment, next year is a different cycle

oucho

It wasn't until a few minutes ago that I realised we now have the worse goal difference in the league. Shouldn't be shocked really, that'll happen if you for 4 games without scoring then allow the lowest scorers in this division to score 25% of their entire home league goals against you in a single game. A sad indictment on this fiasco of a season.

I'd said that if we didn't beat either Fleetwood or Northampton, or probably both, I'd consider us to be going down for sure. That was weeks ago and not only did we lose both but we've lost the next two as well. I'm long gone - I hope against hope but my heart tells me that our fate this season is set in stone, and has been for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread