Reid (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
There was mention of Turnbull and Beavon having clauses but no mention of Reid and it's been a bit quiet.

He was apparently a high earner in League 1 so I am not sure whether he will still fit in.

He might be a different player with a strong midfield and decent strikers and in L2.

Polar

I like him, on his day he's wicked, pacey with a deadeye delivery....just look at the Wembley assist!

I think its a good point though about wages...for that money surely we'd more need consistency and higher levels of fitness than we saw from Reid last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Reid needs to go-played a couple of decent games before Wembley and that was about it. Expensive luxury we can do without.

jackdg

I might be wrong but I'm sure when the retained list came out (not the made up one Gilbert imagined) it was announced that Reid, whilst still under contract, was free to find another club

covcity4life

not to fussed either way

if he goes wages freed up and hes inconssitent
if he stays he was quality to destroy league 2 and we can hope robins makes him more consistent

steve82

I think we should let him find a new club. Very likely to be a big earner here and we can recycle that money better in to the team.
Yes scored a wonder goal and had a great game at Wembley but offered very little otherwise. Countless times he'd receive the ball on the wing run up to his man stop and play back or inside, rarely tried to take on or get in behind the fullback.
More often Haynes offered that attacking threat even more so when he was switched to the left mid role.
Not sure if it's a confidence thing or the pace has gone or both.
I'd call it a day with him and free up his wage and get in a more suitable attacking player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

Problem is we'd be relying on another club taking over his salary.

letsallsingtogether

Is £2000 a week good money then.
Some posters on here earn more then that.

Nick

Administrator
3167EF3100000578-0-image-a-32_1456008078518.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Is a couple of years old though but just shows the massive gulf even to the Championship.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fuck him off.

We need to make the most of the budget if we want to go up.

He was a player that contributed very little over the course of the season and was constantly missing in action when we needed him.

shelby76

I might be wrong but I'm sure when the retained list came out (not the made up one Gilbert imagined) it was announced that Reid, whilst still under contract, was free to find another club
With a £2000 wage packet i would let him go, but if he takes a pay cut i would keep him, Jones on about the Same.

Astute

30 years ago you would have got change from a quid for a pint of beer. £20 was a decent day out on the pop.

IIRC 1988 was when pubs were allowed to stay open all day. No more having to be in by 2:30 and the curtains shutting. For £100 you could drink all day, eat, do the night clubs and then a taxi to wherever you were going on the sesh and still end up with money in your pocket to start again 11am.

What does £20 do these days? Walk to the pub. Spend a couple of hours there. Walk home skint. All dayer? A big chunk will go on food and taxis. If you only have £100 you will be skint before it starts to get dark.

Inflation is the key word. Yes Sky is the cause higher up. But Division 3 and 4 is mainly down to inflation.

robbiekeane

30 years ago you would have got change from a quid for a pint of beer. £20 was a decent day out on the pop.

IIRC 1988 was when pubs were allowed to stay open all day. No more having to be in by 2:30 and the curtains shutting. For £100 you could drink all day, eat, do the night clubs and then a taxi to wherever you were going on the sesh and still end up with money in your pocket to start again 11am.

What does £20 do these days? Walk to the pub. Spend a couple of hours there. Walk home skint. All dayer? A big chunk will go on food and taxis. If you only have £100 you will be skint before it starts to get dark.

Inflation is the key word. Yes Sky is the cause higher up. But Division 3 and 4 is mainly down to inflation.
30 years ago you could probably buy a house on a credit card

shelby76

W
Jones on nothing like that
He joined as an 18 year old to learn his trade
None of our young players are on big money
Ok so what if he was on £2000 you saying he is not worth it? If he was it would be a slap in the face to our title winning u18'swho are having to take shit money they should all be on £500 pw at least i would hope.

Adge

W

Ok so what if he was on £2000 you saying he is not worth it? If he was it would be a slap in the face to our title winning u18'swho are having to take shit money they should all be on £500 pw at least i would hope.
Don't think they would be anything like that-most of them wouldn't have signed a pro contract or even been offered one yet apart from those few we know about.

Users who are viewing this thread