Referee (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

Said in the other thread, I think it should be up to the ref to have a look at a replay if he wants. I think the whole idea of VAR undermines refs authority and you’re just replacing one fallible ref with another. May as well stick with the one you’ve got.
I will suggest a correction if I may, You're just replacing 1 clueless ref with another

pusbccfc

Goal looked offside?

Nick

Administrator
Both refs were dog shit.

Although he didn't give them a clear penalty either.

For some reason didn't want to book their players and let them get away with it.

shmmeee

Both refs were dog shit.

Although he didn't give them a clear penalty either.

For some reason didn't want to book their players and let them get away with it.

TBF I thought the Eccles one was more a pen than that one. Lots of decisions for both sides that could have gone another way.

MalcSB

TBH, I am starting to think that inept match officials are ruining the experience. Last night, a foul on Simms similar to the one attracting a red card for Kitchen didn’t even merit a talking to the Ipswich player, a clear offside in the build up to their second goal and a blatant push in the back on Eccles totally unpunished. It’s week after week.

Brighton Sky Blue

The officials were very poor all round I thought. Thomas 100% gave away a penalty, a pretty clear offside goal, loads of fouls not given and loads of non fouls given.

Par for the course really.

TomRad85

The officials were very poor all round I thought. Thomas 100% gave away a penalty, a pretty clear offside goal, loads of fouls not given and loads of non fouls given.

Par for the course really.
It's a conspiracy, make the officials so completely dreadful that there will be less resistance to VAR. They have been awful this season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frostie

And at least 2-3 added onto the 11 mins second half as they continually wasted time during injury time. That being said, I was ready to go by then anyway
Ball can't have been in play for more than about 3mins total during the 11+ added time.

I don't even blame Ipswich, yeah they milked it to the absolute maximum, but once it was obvious very early on that neither ref had any intention of punishing it why not?

djr8369

Ball can't have been in play for more than about 3mins total during the 11+ added time.

I don't even blame Ipswich, yeah they milked it to the absolute maximum, but once it was obvious very early on that neither ref had any intention of punishing it why not?
I’ve said it before but why has the directive to correctly add stoppage time just fallen away? Second time in three years they’ve tried to implement and refs just give up on it by Christmas

djr8369

I’ve said it before but why has the directive to correctly add stoppage time just fallen away? Second time in three years they’ve tried to implement and refs just give up on it by Christmas
Just to add to this, cast your minds back to the first two game weeks this season. No time wasting as players knew it would be added on and punished. 9 minutes average added time I think it was, features on MotD and other shows about how much more time the ball was in play compared to previous seasons. Then present day it’s a shambles again.

Users who are viewing this thread