Questions from a Blackburn Fan pre-game (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I've been asked if anybody wants to answer the following by 12throver:

How has the summer gone for you so far?

After last season's disappointment, what's the mood around the club?

Is the Football League Cup important or will all the focus go on trying to bounce back up?

What are the fans feelings towards Tony Mowbray?

Will he be welcomed back to Ricoh arena?

Which player should we look out for?

Do you think you can knockout Blackburn Rovers?

So it's a tough one this, but what score do you think it will be?

That concludes my questions, is there anything you feel the Blackburn Rovers fans should know ahead of the cup tie?

Thank you for answering my question, good luck for the season and I hope you get back up.

Nick

Administrator
My answers:

It's been better than I thought it would be in April so far, Robins has recruited well. We just need a couple more but we are waiting on players deciding their future with us to sort their act out.

It's hard to say, people seem to be quite optimistic after seeing Robin's signings and plans for L2, but we will need to wait and see.

Is the Football League Cup important or will all the focus go on trying to bounce back up?

I don't think we will play a B team or anything like that.

I can't see him being boo'd or abused, people were more disappointed with him than angry at him.

Can't see him getting a bad reception, personally he will be like any other opposition manager we face.

Doyle will kick your players, any of the Kelly Evans love a tackle.

No!

3-1 Blackburn

That concludes my questions, is there anything you feel the Blackburn Rovers fans should know ahead of the cup tie?

None I can think of!

pastythegreat

Better than expected, Robins has bought in some experienced heads and we've got a few players who have experienced promotion from League2 so know what it takes. I'd of liked to of seen a more experienced keeper bought in but elsewhere so far so good.

In my group of friends we're quite optomistic. MR seems to do well with City. He has a good win record from his 1st stint and definately changed the mood in the camp when he replaced Russel Slade. With the work he's done so far thus summer we should be in for a good season.

Its not something that we'll be entering a "weakened team" for but from a fans perspective, if we lose, we lose. Obviously promotion is main priority this season but a run in ANY cup competition is good for player confidence, fans morale and cash flow for the club.

Disappointment! No anger just disappointed. He almost gave us everything we'd hoped for but failed because of a simple lack of a plan B.

He shouldn't expect the red carpet to be rolled out or hope for a trumpet fanfare but he won't get a frosty reception. They'll be no boos I'm sure!

Vincetti has looked tricky during pre season and I think this is Jodi Jones' last season to show his potential here. He's a frustrating player, but when firing can be great. One of Mowbray "signings for the futre"!

We definitely have history of knocking you out of cups. Looking back to the 1-4 at your place in 2008 and the 1-0 replay at the ricoh the following year. The returning Micheal Doyle scoring in the 2-2 game.
But....... NO. I think this is your ge to lose. Mowbray has made some good signings for you this summer and you'll be just too strong for us to compete in feel.

Heart 2-1 City win
Head 2-0 Blackburn win.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

It's been better than I thought And better than any other time at this stage in the last 7-8 years or so.
Still need a proven goal scorer at this level but need George Thomas to move in so we can secure it.

Embarrased to be in division 4. Always fear what are owners will do next. Worry about the long term future of the club.
Only glimmer of hope is Robins and the way he goes about his business. Just hope the circus around the club doesn't mean he jumps ship at the first opportunity. He seems supported so far.

I expect we will play our best team, but promotion is the priority.

He gave us some of the best footballI have seen in a long time for half a season. After keeping us up the season before.
To then having a bad summer and start to the season. He left with dignity and didn't demand a pay off. I don't think he will face any anamosity. The bloke was very dignified here.

As above

Jones on his day can produce magic

It's a possibility. We have caused some shocks in our time. We will be under no pressure

2-1 City

No

ccfcway

started well, but gone quiet. We have no proven goalscorers, yet, we have 4 1st team squad goalkeepers.

we are in league two, it should be very poor, but those who are left are trying their best to get motivated for it, a lot of fans have walked away though

any win is good for us, be it cup or league

Apathy

if he is, it will be quiet, if he isn't, it will be quiet

you know as much as us. 9 new players and as many likely to succeed as fail. George Thomas if he is still with us

Yes. but we could also lose

0-2

It will be a lot quieter than the last cup game you played against us

cov4theprem

That concludes my questions, is there anything you feel the Blackburn Roversfans should know ahead of the cup tie?

Is that not another question?

LastGarrison

I have one question for you..........

Is Dele Adebola's mesmeric run from the half way line when he beat pretty much all of your players and some of ours and then sweetly slotted in the back of the net in what could quite conceivably have been the best moment of his career the best goal that has ever been scored at Ewood Park.

Yes or yes?

Specs WT-R75

In recent times I've not seen any relegated team from the Championship get off to a good start. For that reason there is no better time to be playing Blackburn and I think we have a chance... but I expect us to lose :)

stevefloyd

I dont think we have the goalscorers at the minute because of the George Thomas situation but you never know we may sneak a goal, watch out for one of our fans running to your dugout and trying to hump Mowbrays leg

lifeskyblue

Really think the comments on this thread are fair, honest, realistic and reflect the views of the majority of fans. For half a season Mowbray could do no wrong and we played a style of football we had not seen in years. But when it started to go wrong it imploded and there was no plan B apart from panic buys of 'past it' footballers. When he left it was with dignity and some felt it was 10 games too late whilst others felt he should have carried on.
I don't think the cup game is particularly important for either club and suspect both managers will use it to get an extra look at new signings in a competitive match. Having said that I think you will be too strong for us and win 2-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

giphy.gif

Bertola

Recruitment has been exciting, and ever since Wembley there seems to be a more optimistic mood around the club. Hopefully a good start to the season can see this carry on.

As above, Wembley seems to have been a bit of a game changer. The owners are still trying their best to annoy everyone, and there is still no long-term plan for the academy or where we will be playing in a years time, but fans seem up for this season.

Focus has to be on getting promoted first time

I'm probably stronger that most, in the fact i will never forgive him for the capitulation. We had the best team in the league, and were top of the league, and he came out and mentioned how he had two Middlesbrough teams top at a similar time and didn't get promoted with either of them. As soon as he said it, alarm bells rang, and performances dropped. I hope for your sake that he's finally learnt from it!

Can't see him getting a bad reception, some of the football he had us playing was brilliant, and that should be appreciated, and he left in an honorable fashion (waived his pay-off).

With 9 new players, it's hard to tell. I imagine this may be an ideal game for our new striker Max Biamou to start after his move from Sutton. He played a key part in their F.A Cup run last year so will be keen to impress

Depends on what sides both teams play

1-1

None I can think of

Joy Division

With Mowbray as your manager don't get too carried away if you are doing well in the first half of the season

stevefloyd

With Mowbray as your manager don't get too carried away if you are doing well in the first half of the season
Omg you will have someone after you for that comment

oucho

My answers:

Is the Football League Cup important or will all the focus go on trying to bounce back up? - I don't think we will play a B team or anything like that.

What are the fans feelings towards Tony Mowbray? - I can't see him being boo'd or abused, people were more disappointed with him than angry at him.

Will he be welcomed back to Ricoh arena? - Can't see him getting a bad reception, personally he will be like any other opposition manager we face.

Do you think you can knockout Blackburn Rovers? - No!

So it's a tough one this, but what score do you think it will be? - 3-1 Blackburn

Spot on!

Skyblueweeman

Hey Nick, what's Fridays lottery numbers pal? Just PM me.

And covcity4life...great gif work. Fair play to you for maintaining the infatuation.

Nick

Administrator
Nearly as strange as my 8 year old predicting we would win 3-1 on Saturday and lose 3-0 last night in advance.

Close, but no cigar but still strange.

Users who are viewing this thread