Proud Posh or Cobblers (1 Viewer)

Calista

Yeah, I know we've gone below even them now...(!)

But shouldn't we go back to the original words for the Sky Blue Song?

It’s a fair point!
As I recall, the match day programme in the mid-60s printing the suggested variation for that day’s game – for example “Wild Wolves or Bolton, Millers or anyone”. I doubt if anyone took it seriously though and actually sang what was printed.

Gazolba

Why are we even singing the Sky Blue Song any more or still playing in Sky Blue?
The Jimmy Hill era is well and truly over.
We need a new dawn, lets get rid of the old strip and song and start afresh.
Suggestions welcome but I know my preferences.
Yes, I know I'll have to change my avatar.

stevefloyd

While we sing together
Play up sky blues
When we sing together
We will never lose

The bas tards called sisu
Otium or any one
They wont defeat us
We'll show them we are one

City....city....city

letsallsingtogether

Why are we even singing the Sky Blue Song any more or still playing in Sky Blue?

Play in the duff, then they could save some more money for new players.

Then we could sing.
" were Coventry City we have nuffin we have nuffin were Coventry City and we have nuffin"

Yeah, I know we've gone below even them now...(!)

But shouldn't we go back to the original words for the Sky Blue Song?

The original idea was to change the 4th line to be the team we were playing, so "United or anyone" became "Grimsby or anyone" or whoever we were playing on that day. Perhaps we should reintroduce that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Sorry but have to disagree. I'm still proud to wear Sky Blue and without Jimmy Hill we wouldn't have progressed. Cov City is and always should be Sky Blue.
The only change we want/need is a change of ownership !

letsallsingtogether

The original idea was to change the 4th line to be the team we were playing, so "United or anyone" became "Grimsby or anyone" or whoever we were playing on that day. Perhaps we should reintroduce that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tottenham or Chelsea, Accrington Stanley or anyone.

Captain Dart

FC United, Nuneaton or anyone.

CJ_covblaze

Sky Blue Harry H

That's two clubs. Proud is Preston and Peterborough is Posh.

Nice one CJ - never realised proud referred to PNE (learn something every day!). In fact that's two things today (sort of) - I googled the word recursion and am not sure I am any the wiser having done so - I dare anybody else to have a go, then give a definition of it to someone else, without losing confidence half way through your explanation!

Gazolba

Nice one CJ - never realised proud referred to PNE (learn something every day!). In fact that's two things today (sort of) - I googled the word recursion and am not sure I am any the wiser having done so - I dare anybody else to have a go, then give a definition of it to someone else, without losing confidence half way through your explanation!
Recursion is like when you ask someone to help you with something and while they are helping you, they have to ask you for help and then while you are helping them with that, you need their help again. This continues either until the task is complete or you forget what you were supposed to be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread