Professional Performance (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

By what metric is Nazon lazy? Or are you pulling a Ron Atkinson here?

I like Nazon, but I can see how some people have that perception.
There was one occasion today where one of their centre halves picked up the ball and Nazon was the nearest to him but Biamou actually got nearer to him before he played the ball.
Having said that, for about two minutes after the first goal he gave their back line hell and didn't give them a seconds peace.
I think he lacks focus and concentration rather than he's lazy so sometimes doesn't engage in the game the way he should.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I was going to give you a like for that, Fred, but you said you were signing out, so I won't bother.

I might not even post this to be honest, because obviously if you have signed out you won't have read this reply

Yeah, decided I am not going to bother.
Otis , your a card !!! :wacky:

Dazmataz

There was one occasion today where one of their centre halves picked up the ball and Nazon was the nearest to him but Biamou actually got nearer to him before he played the ball.
Having said that, for about two minutes after the first goal he gave their back line hell and didn't give them a seconds peace.
I think he lacks focus and concentration rather than he's lazy so sometimes doesn't engage in the game the way he should.
I ageee with that to a certain extent, however I'd rather he save his energy for making incisive runs rather than closing down centre halves.

Dazmataz

Quite possibly, but it's probably not the most intelligent thing to do. We don't press high up the pitch as a team, so what's the point in a lone front man running himself into the ground with no benefits for the team.

Warwickhunt

I think he needs to be calmer on the ball! He's like a young bull in a field of cows. If he could think more about his level of skill on the ball he would make serious impact on other teams defenders . He has got the stature when he is running at defenders as you can actually see fear in their eyes but the lack of skill controlling the ball is detracting from it

mrtrench

All the Exeter fans I was with, and all the fans on our forum (Exeweb) agreed you were worthy winners from a reasonably poor game. First half was poor from both sides, second half you were much better than us - squashed our pathetic attempts at attacks and then broke with pace. I really liked your number 11, he was talented.

Good luck for the rest of the season - I sincerely hope you go up - to get 8,500 fans watching league 2 games after everything that's gone on with SISU, etc is impressive and I imagine a full Ricoh generates an incredible noise. Good bit of banter between the fans today - shame we couldn't give you more of an impressive performance on the pitch than we did - I've seen many comments on this forum, and heard the same on the walk back to the car, that we didn't look like league leaders and, quite frankly, we didn't. Last week we were amazing, this week shocking - guess that's why we're a league 2 team.

Anyway, I'm signing out from here now - good luck.

Thank you. You obviously get a much more balanced, pleasant kind of football fan in Devon. Looking forward to playing Tavistock now.

Otis

I think he needs to be calmer on the ball! He's like a young bull in a field of cows. If he could think more about his level of skill on the ball he would make serious impact on other teams defenders . He has got the stature when he is running at defenders as you can actually see fear in their eyes but the lack of skill controlling the ball is detracting from it
Yeah, he's like a blowie. It's all building up to the big fanfare and just as there's about to be the big explosion someone rings the doorbell and the moment is lost.

better days

Kinda wish you hadn't done it now, bit of an anti-climax.

How long has your number 11 been with you and where's he from? He was a talent.

It's easy to forget Jones is still just 19. The difference this year is the team around him and the manager who believes in him and has been helping him learn the game to make the right decisions. Last year he was in and out of the side and mostly sent on as sub. He's played 90 minutes of every League game this term. He still makes mistakes but knows he won't be slaughtered for them

Users who are viewing this thread