"Point Taken" (1 Viewer)

Tankie

Good Morning all.
As we sat in the glorious spring Sunshine yesterday, watching what was arguably their best performance since the move to the Ricoh it was hard to understand that this was the same squad of players that had played under Coleman and Bothroyd. the point being made is i
ts the Mindset of the Manager, rather than the Quality of the players that determines the spectical, good or bad that is laid before us.

Andy Thorn again made his point, as the free flowing sky Blues, hammered high flying Reading 0-0, in a performance that had the the sky Blue fans purring, a performance that was full of energy, great determination and a dash of Marquee football, in sharp contrast to the boring dross of the last few seasons, all this was achieved in a great team performance, including a Rookie keeper who made several good saves to keep the scores level, Baker had for me, probably his best game, particulary in the first half when his mazey runs into the box had the Reading defence in panic, Gunnarson grew as the game went on and put in a performance of high energy and commitment,Marlon Kings first touch is simply amazing and he gave another quality contribution, to what was an all round heart warming Team Effort.
Well done Andy and the lads, thanks for the entertainment.
Regards Tankie

skybluesteve76

Well said mate. I just hope we can keep the nucleus of that squad together. Cos if we do, the days of lower mid table championship football will be long gone!

skyblu3sk

Enjoyed it thoroughly, don't get up as often as I would like but was amazed by the play today. At times I have sat laughing at how bad we are today I was laughing with joy that I could sit and watch a match in a good atmosphere (even though the reading fans didn't join in at all...) and not be pissed off with misplaced passes all the time, stupid needless shots off target etc.

Covstu

Articulated well Tankie as usual, i really enjoyed the game and a shame we could not score to cap the day off fully. It was nice to have a decent crowd which always makes the difference and our support and performance on the pitch silenced the away fans from start to finsih.

Macca

Good Morning all.
As we sat in the glorious spring Sunshine yesterday, watching what was arguably their best performance since the move to the Ricoh it was hard to understand that this was the same squad of players that had played under Coleman and Bothroyd. the point being made is i
ts the Mindset of the Manager, rather than the Quality of the players that determines the spectical, good or bad that is laid before us.

Andy Thorn again made his point, as the free flowing sky Blues, hammered high flying Reading 0-0, in a performance that had the the sky Blue fans purring, a performance that was full of energy, great determination and a dash of Marquee football, in sharp contrast to the boring dross of the last few seasons, all this was achieved in a great team performance, including a Rookie keeper who made several good saves to keep the scores level, Baker had for me, probably his best game, particulary in the first half when his mazey runs into the box had the Reading defence in panic, Gunnarson grew as the game went on and put in a performance of high energy and commitment,Marlon Kings first touch is simply amazing and he gave another quality contribution, to what was an all round heart warming Team Effort.
Well done Andy and the lads, thanks for the entertainment.
Regards Tankie

You know I have always said that we are easy to please as fans. Just a little quality, a little thought and a bit of excitement and we will be happy. The football was perfect for me. Pleasing on the eye and adventurous without being reckless. A little more pace up front and we would have been away.

kg82

You know I have always said that we are easy to please as fans. Just a little quality, a little thought and a bit of excitement and we will be happy. The football was perfect for me. Pleasing on the eye and adventurous without being reckless. A little more pace up front and we would have been away.

Not much to ask for either is it. I'm the same. That sort of football yesterday left me feeling like it was actually worth turning up. Would have been nice to score but am I right in saying that's the first game under Thorn that we haven't? At least we kept a clean sheet too!

Richard Smith

Not much to ask for either is it. I'm the same. That sort of football yesterday left me feeling like it was actually worth turning up. Would have been nice to score but am I right in saying that's the first game under Thorn that we haven't? At least we kept a clean sheet too!

i agree and to be honest with you if we had lost 0-1 yesterday i would of still gone home happy because of the way the players performed and gave 100% from the first whistle to the last

Users who are viewing this thread