PlayerHD (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

I just tried to login using my regular email and password but was not able to do so. I am wonder if this is because I am overseas and they haven't yet set up the platform for overseas subscribers. Have any other overseas fans experienced this problem?
I have emailed Billie at the club to try and get it sorted. Will update if I hear anything.

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure if you will need to re sign up for the new one or not. Haven't tried with mine yet.

I know they stopped auto billing for the other one.

Esoterica

I just tried to login using my regular email and password but was not able to do so. I am wonder if this is because I am overseas and they haven't yet set up the platform for overseas subscribers. Have any other overseas fans experienced this problem?
I have emailed Billie at the club to try and get it sorted. Will update if I hear anything.
I had the same. There was a message to say if your regular email and password didn't work then to use the password reset function but that still kept telling me my email address was invalid. In the end I just re-registered to the free package for now. I was subscribed til the end of August though. I guess as it's now a season pass rather than a rolling subscription there's no point arguing over 2 months lost.

Pete in Portugal

I had the same. There was a message to say if your regular email and password didn't work then to use the password reset function but that still kept telling me my email address was invalid. In the end I just re-registered to the free package for now. I was subscribed til the end of August though. I guess as it's now a season pass rather than a rolling subscription there's no point arguing over 2 months lost.

They automatically sent a refund to me because for the unexpired portion of my subscription - so it may possibly be worth asking why you didn't get one. Contact: [email protected]

Nick

Administrator
This year's looks even better (UK based anyway):

Subscribe

If you don't have access to a Radio or travel a lot you can listen to commentary, watch videos and extended highlights (full matches replayed now it seems).

Pete in Portugal

I subscribe to PlayerHD, do I have to download anything different now that it's changed ?

No download necessary, but you need to re-subscribe if you want the new service - Nick posted the link in the thread above. The automatic transfer of details from SBP does not seem to be working. You will the be offered the choice of subscriptions available, which depends on your IP address. i.e. whether you have a UK IP address or are connecting from abroad. The Live video service is only available if you are connecting with a non-UK IP address.

Specs WT-R75

Even though I am based outside of the UK (Isle of Man), I am not offered the ability to pay £110 - only £45 for the commentary. So basically their website is wrong, because it clearly states UK and Ireland...

To confirm this I logged into the site on my phone via a European VPN and was offered the 130 Euro video package.

So on the plus side it looks like VPN access "might" be possible, but having to test the water with a 130 Euro purchase might not be the way to go. It also says there is a 7 day trial so we will find out closer to the time if a VPN will work....

The Reverend Skyblue

Even though I am based outside of the UK (Isle of Man), I am not offered the ability to pay £110 - only £45 for the commentary. So basically their website is wrong, because it clearly states UK and Ireland...

To confirm this I logged into the site on my phone via a European VPN and was offered the 130 Euro video package.

So on the plus side it looks like VPN access "might" be possible, but having to test the water with a 130 Euro purchase might not be the way to go. It also says there is a 7 day trial so we will find out closer to the time if a VPN will work....
Specs problem solved, move to France

Nick

Administrator

It depends which IP locating method they are using. The one you posted from then shows up in Scotland, England and IOM depending on which DB it looks up against. One of the main ones shows you as England (Maxmind DB).

Might be why, but not 100%.

The Reverend Skyblue

..............or Portugal :eek:
sorry about upsetting you Pete, Specs problem solved, move to Portugal

Used to play a lot of my golf around the Lisbon area along the coast. Bloody flies used to eat me alive but all was well after a few superboks. Now that stuff takes time to get used to.
Algarve was too busy for us hackers in my group, we needed time to take the mickey out of our shots without serious golfers moaning at us. Beautiful courses though around Lisbon

Last edited:

Specs WT-R75

It depends which IP locating method they are using. The one you posted from then shows up in Scotland, England and IOM depending on which DB it looks up against. One of the main ones shows you as England (Maxmind DB).

Might be why, but not 100%.

Was trying via my work network which is using proxies and other stuff to connect multiple offices around the globe into the same network - it could explain why I am possibly showing as mainland/England.

I am now connected via my home address using Manx Telecom:
Your IP Details:
ISP: Manx Telecom
City: Douglas

Just checked again and I am still only offered the £45 package... so looks like i'm screwed. Nick - can you confirm my current location per your back-end?

Cheers,
Specks

singers_pore

I got an email from the club saying that overseas people have to re-register for a new account. I've already done that.

ccfc92

I pay yearly so mine will not auto renew?

Domestic (UK) Annual Subscribers

Rolling on to an iFollow subscription, which will expire and not renew at its original end date. Fans must then actively renew.

I'm not sure if this means, it will renew for a year, then we have to sign up again or whether we have to sign up before this season?

ccfc92

"All other subscribers will be contacted by EFL Digital on the afternoon of 28thMay 2017 to clarify the processes above."

Guess just wait til Sunday and see what email you get?

Nick

Administrator
Domestic (UK) Annual Subscribers

Rolling on to an iFollow subscription, which will expire and not renew at its original end date. Fans must then actively renew.

I'm not sure if this means, it will renew for a year, then we have to sign up again or whether we have to sign up before this season?
It means it won't renew so you have to sign up again

singers_pore

I have subscribed to iFollow and I am able to view content on my computer. However, I am not able to view content on my iPad or my TV. I was previously able to use PlayerHD on both my iPad and TV. Does anyone have advice?

robbiekeane

I have subscribed to iFollow and I am able to view content on my computer. However, I am not able to view content on my iPad or my TV. I was previously able to use PlayerHD on both my iPad and TV. Does anyone have advice?
I think they are working on bringing an app to both ios and android mate.

Users who are viewing this thread