PL Transfer Window (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

From next season it will shut the Thursday before the first game kicks off. Good move I think.

MatthewWallis

Silly because all other European teams will stay open as normal. Will still have players becoming unsettled during the first few games

Robccfc87

Would think that might bugger up the lower leagues in terms of loans though if the PL team can't loan people out?
I think it only means signing players, they can still sell/loan out so hopefully the efl sticks rather than aligns.

Nick

Administrator
Silly because all other European teams will stay open as normal. Will still have players becoming unsettled during the first few games

Is it both incoming and outgoing transfers for the Premier League?

The Euro teams could use that to their advantage if they have a couple of weeks extra and play games.

lifeskyblue

The football world is mad. We have Leicester missing the deadline by 14 seconds but if the player had been transferred to a Spanish club then he would have had an extra 24hrs.
Now the PL window will close earlier. I think long term this will damage PL teams as they won't be able to get players in for as long but will be vulnerable to losing a 'star' a couple of weeks into a season and not be able to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

I think them premier league and EFL should be separate in this one with the EFL sticking to the 31st August.

Plenty of clubs loan academy players from the big boys who are reluctant to let out some of there kids so soon after preseason, preferring to keep them in and around the first team in the early stages of the Worthington/Carling/EFL cup and then deciding if a loan will suit.

There will be arguments saying they will let them out sooner but I think it will be more harmful to the youth coming through the system in the long term

Users who are viewing this thread