People who hate Coventry City FC ... (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

And , let's face it , there are plenty ... If you could ask them why they hate CCFC , who would you ask ? for me , it would be Paddy Crerand . for some reason he used to slate anything to do with CCFC . I recall he got into a nasty altercation in the old Main Stand in Highfield Road . he was also on Sky Sports and said , what would CCFC know about playing decent football , or even their fans seeing decent football . nasty horrible fella .

Sbarcher

Wasn't there a newspaper article many years ago headed "What's the point of Coventry City"?

skyblueinBaku

gary the twat newbon , we beat Liverpool 5.1 at home , and on the Mondays footie round up on itv he shows their goal
I met Newbon at Brandon when I worked race nights at the Bees. Arrogant and self-important is how I would describe him.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

gary the twat newbon , we beat Liverpool 5.1 at home , and on the Mondays footie round up on itv he shows their goal
He's Leicester , isn't he ?

Super_Johnny_Gayle

A lot of Portsmouth fans hate us

Bob Latchford

Wasn't there a newspaper article many years ago headed "What's the point of Coventry City"?
I think there was . not sure who did it though.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Any particular reason ?
Yes. Many years ago, mid 80s I believe a load of Cov boys were in Whitley Bay in the North east, Portsmouth had been playing a north east side that weekend, so they also descended on the place. Long story short there was a big fight and one of Pompey's top boys got seriously hurt.
Since then on at least 2 occasions t, there has been a load of crowd trouble at Highfield Road with Portsmouth fans. It's all to do with the above.

Bob Latchford

Yes. Many years ago, mid 80s I believe a load of Cov boys were in Whitley Bay in the North east, Portsmouth had been playing a north east side that weekend, so they also descended on the place. Long story short there was a big fight and one of Pompey's top boys got seriously hurt.
Since then on at least 2 occasions t, there has been a load of crowd trouble at Highfield Road with Portsmouth fans. It's all to do with the above.
Ah yes , that . I remember the battle at Highfield Road . why they needed to bring it inside the ground was beyond me.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Ah yes , that . I remember the battle at Highfield Road . why they needed to bring it inside the ground was beyond me.
There was trouble in 89 at Highfield Rd, after we'd beaten them and sent them down. And then around 2002 when it kicked off at half-time, bloody mental.

Bob Latchford

There was trouble in 89 at Highfield Rd, after we'd beaten them and sent them down. And then around 2002 when it kicked off at half-time, bloody mental.
Yes , was very bad in 2002 . it's a shame we bypassed each other this season as Fratton is only 80miles from me. I do like a day out at Pompey.

hutch1972

And , let's face it , there are plenty ... If you could ask them why they hate CCFC , who would you ask ? for me , it would be Paddy Crerand . for some reason he used to slate anything to do with CCFC . I recall he got into a nasty altercation in the old Main Stand in Highfield Road . he was also on Sky Sports and said , what would CCFC know about playing decent football , or even their fans seeing decent football . nasty horrible fella .
That was when he was trying to defend Cantona after he had launched a 2 footed tackle into the crowd.

letsallsingtogether

That was my lads first home game, we went into the bar area behind the West End at half time and didn't know anything about the trouble until we got home and saw it on Central TV.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

:happy::emoji_calling:
That was my lads first home game, we went into the bar area behind the West End at half time and didn't know anything about the trouble until we got home and saw it on Central TV.
Were you in the bar instigating it via ya mobile?

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Rodney Marsh used to slag us off when he was on Soccer Saturday.

bringbackrattles

George Best disliked us and slagged us off for some reason. Something along the line of " what's the point of Cov City ? " Never found out why he said that !

Bob Latchford

Users who are viewing this thread