Nottingham Forest takeover (1 Viewer)

duffer

I'm not entirely sure what the FA's fit & proper owner's test is, but I have a suspicion that it looks a bit like this (except easier)...

Test-your-english-310a.jpg

CJ_covblaze

It's like a DBS application form. Just asks if you've committed a crime or been decalared bankrupt etc. If you tick the right boxes you're in.

wingy

How much?
The Sheik or whoever bought them last time went through a few bob with them.
Largely wasting it on Changing managers an awful lot.

NorthernWisdom

I struggle with what I'm going to say, as it veers towards the little Englander.

But it's symptomatic of clubs being taken over by random people with no affinity to the club or area. You then have to ask... why? Forest at least have a pedigree I suppose, which helps, and you have to say (albeit 'only' in Greece) that the owner's not done badly results wise.

But... where's the affinity to do their best.

I'll say this for Hoffman, at least he *is* local, and has a moral obligation to try and do what's right, which random owners from wherever really don't.

chiefdave

A little off subject, but I emailed the EFL to ask, after they made their statement re ownership after the Orient 'abandonment', to ask whether the 'proper persons' ever got reviewed.
When I was living in Pompey their supporters were rally pushing on the fit and proper persons. The response they got was basically it was self certification because the FL didn't have the resources if they refused someone and they decided to challenge them in court.

On that basis there's zero chance of them risking it with SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread