Northampton & Coventry FC (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueUkeman

So. Let me get this straight:

Tim Fisher says that the proposed ground-share would be in 'The west Midlands area'.
-That, we can all see is not the case.

Tim Fisher announces the 'New Stadium' will be built in the Coventry area.
-On the same day it comes out about Coventry striking a deal with Northampton to groundshare, they announce they are expanding the stadium.

Also, a post from "JollyCobbler" from "The Hotel end" forum which raises a few disconcerting points from their end of it:
One further aside, and It is not too much of a stretch to imagine this scenario. Coventry move into Sixfields, and over the course of the next three/four/five years they gain new backers. This allows them to progress on the pitch and to reach the championship, maybe with a view to pushing on further once their new ground is built.
Meanwhile, the Cobblers have continued to wallow in League 2, and so all the towns up and coming young footie fans have opted to go and watch City play.
These now 'diehard' City fans will continue to follow the Sky Blues when they eventually leave Northampton to head home.
Will the ground share then be seen as having been good for us?

Its really not beyond the realms of possibility. And of what we've seen, the Football League clearly couldn't care less either way.

I've worried myself.

Flying Fokker

Another option would be for SISU to buy NTFC out. Redevelop the ground and play under a new name.

Astute

Another option would be for SISU to buy NTFC out. Redevelop the ground and play under a new name.

They might bring all of the sections that they have made of our club back together again. Then they could call it SISU United. They would then get free publicity each time they play.

I am now done. Might do a couple of away games but feeling very down. They know what they are doing as they have moved us to a ground that can't fit enough season ticket holders so are expecting most of us not to go.

I remember at the start of last season. I smiled when I saw how small some of the grounds we would be going to were. That is now us :blue:

Users who are viewing this thread