Match Thread Newport Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Anybody heading over on Saturday? Just over the bridge for me so will probably go and se ehow the team looks

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if he will try with his strongest team.

McCann should be able to play in friendlies shouldn't he? As trialists can, unless it is insurance in case he gets injured etc?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
DAMN!!!!!! Here's me thinking it was Newport, Isle of Wight! GGGRRR!!!!! I'm only a 10 minute walk from the ground! "I'll be there", I thought.
Ah well. MY Newport have a friendly against Brighton & Hove Albion Development Squad next Saturday (30th). I'll be there! Might get to see some up and coming youngsters and future stars of the Premier League!! :happy:

Skyblueweeman

DAMN!!!!!! Here's me thinking it was Newport, Isle of Wight! GGGRRR!!!!! I'm only a 10 minute walk from the ground! "I'll be there", I thought.
Ah well. MY Newport have a friendly against Brighton & Hove Albion Development Squad next Saturday (30th). I'll be there! Might get to see some up and coming youngsters and future stars of the Premier League!! :happy:

That reminded me HH of when I went to to IoW Festival a few years back with a load of mates. One day we walked into town for some more beers and were to cab it back to the festival site.

We asked one of the lads to ring a cab and he spent 30 mins calling cabs in Newport Wales as opposed to Newport IoW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
:D Love it Weeman!! There's actually 3 Newports that I know of - Newport (IoW), Newport Gwent and Newport Shropshire. There's many a letter and parcel meant for one of the other Newports that end up on the island! :D

Otis

That reminded me HH of when I went to to IoW Festival a few years back with a load of mates. One day we walked into town for some more beers and were to cab it back to the festival site.

We asked one of the lads to ring a cab and he spent 30 mins calling cabs in Newport Wales as opposed to Newport IoW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember going to see City v Cambridge in the League Cup. Arrived about 45 mins before kick off and wondered why it was in complete darkness and there was not a soul to be seen.

Sat there for about 10 mins scratching our heads before we realised we had arrived at Cambridge City's ground, not Cambridge United.

Also reminds me of a similar incident with a friend who with her job was told she was going to be seconded to St Ives. She was thrilled to bits and jumping for joy at the thought of being by the sea .....

Until she found out it was St Ives, Cambridge, not St Ives, Cornwall.

Steve.B50

We will be there. Had a night in Cardiff, so breakfast and a walk around the bay before a short trip down to Newport

Terry Gibson's perm

I remember going to see City v Cambridge in the League Cup. Arrived about 45 mins before kick off and wondered why it was in complete darkness and there was not a soul to be seen.

Sat there for about 10 mins scratching our heads before we realised we had arrived at Cambridge City's ground, not Cambridge United.

Also reminds me of a similar incident with a friend who with her job was told she was going to be seconded to St Ives. She was thrilled to bits and jumping for joy at the thought of being by the sea .....

I remember driving to a game at HR and getting nearer and nearer to the ground and seeing nobody, got to the ground and the ticket office shutters were down even then realised I was a week early for the Charlton game.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Getting the 10.48 direct from WSM to Newport,Anyone fancy a beer before?

Skyblueweeman

Ha ha! I've remembered another good'un. Me and Mrs WM used to work together for a short period of time before we got together. I heard her on the phone to a client l knew who had an office in Scotland. He said he was off to Perth to which she replied 'Wow, I'd love to go to Australia, lovely golden beaches, hot weather etc'. The conversation ended pretty much straight away.

About a week later I saw this gent and he was like...'that girl in your office, she does know there's a Perth in Scotland, right?!' Not exactly the same bless her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

I'm over on the 1st Aug. Nephew and future niece getting married on the Island on the 3rd Aug at "The Apple farm", Afton. drop in I'll buy you a pint mate ;)

Users who are viewing this thread