More players coming in...ideas? (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

I've given up on Lameiras. The only time he looks consistently impressive is pinging passes round at half time.
I predict he'll sign for a League 2 team in the summer, spend most of it on the bench there then drop down to non league for a couple of years and end up back in lower Portuguese leagues for his late 20s.

Ranjit Bhurpa

What keepers are there that we could realistically get? If we want someone experienced its going to have to be someone who isn't getting a game elsewhere. Is there anyone that fits the bill?
One goalie who springs to mind is Bobby Olejnik currently at Exeter City. I've seen him 5 or 6 times at League 1 and 2 level and he has always played well. Ticks all the boxes for me and I would love to see us make a bid for him. Noticed he was on the bench for Exeter's game yesterday

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

One goalie who springs to mind is Bobby Olejnik currently at Exeter City. I've seen him 5 or 6 times at League 1 and 2 level and he has always played well. Ticks all the boxes for me and I would love to see us make a bid for him. Noticed he was on the bench for Exeter's game yesterday

Ex Villa? Sure it's a name from Football managers past!

Ranjit Bhurpa

Ex Villa? Sure it's a name from Football managers past!
Used to give FM99 plenty of stick and signed many world class players for the City. Might have been a bit early for Olejnik though. I think he started out at the Villa but I associate him with Torquay and Peterborough.

Esoterica

I dislike the links to ex players but I'd be happy to have Joe Murphy back. Less than 10 appearances for Huddersfield since he joined and one loan to Chesterfield. Going to get shot down for that i know!

gspotgaz

Lameiras is a poor, poor player who just isn't good enough for this league. He may have decent 'vision' but is lacking any of the physical attributes to do be even a decent player at this level. Get rid.

ccfclinney

Lameiras is a poor, poor player who just isn't good enough for this league. He may have decent 'vision' but is lacking any of the physical attributes to do be even a decent player at this level. Get rid.

You say about physical attributes, but he's the same build as Maddison ? He just doesn't use his body well enough to get free kicks etc like madders did. Ruben always looks forward when has the ball but his decision making is poor seems to go on a run and lose it most of the time.

Otis

His appearances are too sporadic...he needs a run of games, but I'm not sure what position. But I have to say I am a Lameiras fan and hope he gets the chance he deserves...he has great vision!
What position? Bench is just fine.

Too lightweight, too inconsistent, knocked off the ball far too easily, lack of pace, one or two bits of magic mixed in with the other 80 mins of meh.

No idea why he was brought on yesterday. Puzzled when it happened and it looked entirely the wrong decision.

ajsccfc

It was an odd one. To kill off a game either way I'd have thought Gadzhev to either retain the ball or Jones to go directly at them. Instead we got Lameiras who ballsed up both approaches.

torchomatic

I dislike the links to ex players but I'd be happy to have Joe Murphy back. Less than 10 appearances for Huddersfield since he joined and one loan to Chesterfield. Going to get shot down for that i know!

I agree. I thought he was a good keeper. He could kick the ball straight and everything.

shmmeee

Definitely need a keeper, been saying it since we were doing well last year. Confidence flows from the back. I'm happy to give our boatload of forwards a chance to improve under Slade and in partnership with Beavon. I'd quite like to see Thomas given a go next to him, and by all accounts Tudgay is improved. I'm not one that believes in magical 20 goal a season strikers as much as teams that give them opportunities.

Reilly is a short term loan isn't he? So a CM is still needed. Then maybe some quality on the wings. And obviously if we lose anyone in the first team we need to replace them.

chiefdave

Has he been injured? Surprised he's not played more than that. Would definitely have him back, how long has he got left on his contract, could we get him on a permanent?

SkyBlueScottie

Joe Murphy, is excellent at this level, not quite as good at Championship level but hey ho. At this level Murphy makes big saves that win you games. Shame we let him go IMO. Would happily have him back. Also carries a lot of experience.

SkyBlueScottie

Has he been injured? Surprised he's not played more than that. Would definitely have him back, how long has he got left on his contract, could we get him on a permanent?

They currently have Danny Ward on loan from Liverpool ( season long loan) they also got a goalie from Mboro and Oldham in... Slade needs to get on the phone"!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I've given up on Lameiras. The only time he looks consistently impressive is pinging passes round at half time.
I'm glad someone else has noticed this. If he was half as good in real game time as he was knocking the ball around at half time he'd be some player. At the recent Bristol Rovers game, he would have been my MOTM just for his flicks & tricks at half time, that being said, it doesn't translate on to the pitch. Hey-ho, at least there's some entertainment.

skybluebeduff

Keep seeing Jay Simpson being mentioned, no way we could afford him to buy, is he out of contract in the summer?

Moff

I loved Murphy, seeing him go mad at players was always fun too. I bet he still calls Chris Hussey in the dead of night to give him shit down the phone

To be fair he is in a phone queue of all the goalies who have had Hussey play in front of them!

Would love to see Murphy back.

Brylowes

Did you see what he did in the brief time he was on? Genius!!!
Wasn't judging him on yesterday's game as I wasn't there, formed my opinion on
What I've seen of him before. 3 divisions above where he should be, hmm maybe
That's a bit harsh but I just don't rate him, if we release him I don't think other 3rd
Division clubs would want him either TBH

standupforcity

Wasn't judging him on yesterday's game as I wasn't there, formed my opinion on
What I've seen of him before. 3 divisions above where he should be, hmm maybe
That's a bit harsh but I just don't rate him, if we release him I don't think other 3rd
Division clubs would want him either TBH
Be interesting to see which way it goes. I reckon if he gets a run of games it could make all the difference...

rupert_bear

Regarding Lameiras in his first few months he was superb most the time but has deteriated the last 12 months, but let's give him a bit of a chance under Russell Slades way. Mowbray and Venus have proved to be rubbish and unable to fathom out their best team and changed the team weekly. With a couple of tough guys around him Lameiras might surprise us, he certainly has natural ability and we ain't got many here with that.

robbiethemole

Joe Murphy, is excellent at this level, not quite as good at Championship level but hey ho. At this level Murphy makes big saves that win you games. Shame we let him go IMO. Would happily have him back. Also carries a lot of experience.

and he could save a penalty, something these two don't do

Users who are viewing this thread