McBean /. Free Kick (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
didnt you say you bet hes a nasty player the other day? is he gonna be your new thing now? play mcbean!

just like you used to say play tudgay last season

I have said for ages to give him a chance.

I said I bet he would dig in a little bit, which is what we need.

covcity4life

what makes you think he would dig in? because hes big?

did henderson help us last season?

*please note i am not saying dont play mcbean, id like to see what he can do. just find it weird you have latched on to him as this big bully boy who is better than our current strikers.

Nick

Administrator
what makes you think he would dig in? because hes big?

did henderson help us last season?

*please note i am not saying dont play mcbean, id like to see what he can do. just find it weird you have latched on to him as this big bully boy who is better than our current strikers.

I haven't said he is a big bully boy.

He can also take free kicks and penalties.

Go back to watching La Liga or Serie A on Sky Sports.

He would be half decent at least from the bench.

theferret

Is it me, or is someone being called-out for suggesting a player doing well in the U23 squad be given a first team shot?

I think I may have woken up in a parallel universe this morning. It's been a surreal day.

Nick

Administrator
Is it me, or is someone being called-out for suggesting a player doing well in the U23 squad be given a first team shot?

I think I may have woken up in a parallel universe this morning. It's been a surreal day.

No, it's just another day in the life of covcity4life talking shite!

Can't see the issue with him having a spot on the bench.

covcity4life

I haven't said he is a big bully boy.

He can also take free kicks and penalties.

Go back to watching La Liga or Serie A on Sky Sports.

He would be half decent at least from the bench.

what sort of comment is that? watching other leagues doesnt mean i turn my nose up at physicality

i am saying you act like its the ONLY way to win in league 1. such a sterotype. also you have no idea if he puts him self about i bet. you did this with tudgay, now you moan when he comes on!

how long till mcbean is passe dover for a reserve you see throw a cheeky elbow?

oooh nawty

Nick

Administrator
what sort of comment is that? watching other leagues doesnt mean i turn my nose up at physicality

i am saying you act like its the ONLY way to win in league 1. such a sterotype. also you have no idea if he puts him self about i bet. you did this with tudgay, now you moan when he comes on!

how long till mcbean is passe dover for a reserve you see throw a cheeky elbow?

oooh nawty

Yes, last season Tudgay did come on and make a difference in games so I said in games could bring him on. I recall in one of them he scored the winner.

This season he hasn't made too much difference.

It isn't the ONLY way to win in League 1, it is just nice to have it there as an option if players are willing to dig in and give the kicks as well as take them so we don't get bullied against the likes of Wimbledon.

McBean seems to be scoring for fun in the U23's with free kicks, headers and different sorts of goals. I'd give him a chance rather than somebody like Wright on the bench.

covcity4life

Yes, last season Tudgay did come on and make a difference in games so I said in games could bring him on. I recall in one of them he scored the winner.

This season he hasn't made too much difference.

It isn't the ONLY way to win in League 1, it is just nice to have it there as an option if players are willing to dig in and give the kicks as well as take them so we don't get bullied against the likes of Wimbledon.

McBean seems to be scoring for fun in the U23's with free kicks, headers and different sorts of goals. I'd give him a chance rather than somebody like Wright on the bench.

i agree with all that, i just find it funny when you say lameries likes a ruck and mcbean will dig in. looking for things that might not be there perhaps?

Nick

Administrator
i agree with all that, i just find it funny when you say lameries likes a ruck and mcbean will dig in. looking for things that might not be there perhaps?

Lameiras has been the only player to get stuck in in some games. It is a fact.

covcity4life

Lameiras has been the only player to get stuck in in some games. It is a fact.

and mcbean looks like he digs in from youtube goals?

lameries doesnt really get stuck in, he just gives it loads sometimes in a pansy manner.

still nice to see mind

Nick

Administrator
and mcbean looks like he digs in from youtube goals?

lameries doesnt really get stuck in, he just gives it loads sometimes in a pansy manner.

still nice to see mind

I haven't said he is the hardest player in League 1 and would knock everybody out one by one. I said he gets stuck in and as least has a bit of grit, if he gets kicked he will kick them back.

If the opposition fans are abusing him like Millwall did and Oxford did, he is doing something right ;)

Macca1987

With us being top heavy in attack, last few benches being mainly forwards/wingers will MV be trying to keep everyone happy and therefore McBean will be stuck in the U23s. I always feel if someone is on form then give them a crack, surely he's here to prove himself and an opportunity in the first team would be ideal

Skyblueweeman

Some bloody good goals there from us. Our youth teams always seem to do well, don't they?

Good to see our keeper consistency though is trickling down to the nippers teams....

Monners

It is good to see some talent coming through. No doubt he will get on the bench sometime soon once suspensions and the odd injury kick in.

covcity4life

With us being top heavy in attack, last few benches being mainly forwards/wingers will MV be trying to keep everyone happy and therefore McBean will be stuck in the U23s. I always feel if someone is on form then give them a crack, surely he's here to prove himself and an opportunity in the first team would be ideal

by same token we have won 3 out of 4 matches. so whilst in form we dont need to rush

like look of mcbean from clips though for sure

stevefloyd

last few times I have seen highlights Addai has given goals away...shocking but I guess its nothing to do with Oggy

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't understand this idea that Lameiras gets stuck in, I've always thought of him as a bottler in the tackle and afraid to put his head where it could get hurt.

He plays the dark arts of the game. He winds opposition players up, he dives and feigns injuries to try and get opposition players booked and sent off, he surrounds the face of ref and tries to pressure them into decisions and he will get in the faces of the opposition players if he doesn't like something. That isn't really getting stuck in imo.

He does the above but as for being strong and committed in tackles and winning 50-50 balls, he's never stood out.

higgs

Oggy will sort it out don't worry he is the Messiah

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Not sure why he isn't getting a chance on the bench yet.

Check his free kick out!

I thought maybe being a US citizen and not an international he can't get a work permit. Then I checked Wiki and his Dad is Scottish and he is eligible to play for Scotland.
The FA Chairman Greg Dyke explained[1] that the current system needed to be tightened so as to only allow non-EEA players who are:
  • “internationally established at the highest level”; and
  • “whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level”.
http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

Last edited:

shelby76

Addai was the goalkeeper in our fa youth cup last season did ok even scored a penalty, i think let him develop and learn from his mistakes! Mcbean dev kelly evans get into good positions, kyle spence and maycock are very rapid and sharp.

Users who are viewing this thread