Malaka investment (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Sorry if I was a bit harsh Malaka, so much false hope bullshit that after a while it gets to you. Do appreciate you passing on what you hear.

rupert_bear

We wait and hope. I believe something could be in the wind but will take time. Is this trust meeting next week part of a drip drip process ? and the timing of this recent statement from Simon Jordan a coincidence? We need hope. Our situation is dire

lifeskyblue

I think the responses on this thread show how desperate we all for Malaka to be right...even fractionally right will do. I also believe that every true ccfc fan on here trusts Malaka in that he is not spinning a yarn. It is a genuine and honest poster. Personally I believe the rumours are true (and there may be more than one interested party) and in the early stages...either they will fall apart and we continue to curse Fisher and seppala or it all works out and we celebrate whether we go down this season or stay up.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
We wait and hope. I believe something could be in the wind but will take time. Is this trust meeting next week part of a drip drip process ? and the timing of this recent statement from Simon Jordan a coincidence? We need hope. Our situation is dire

Think people are looking way too much into the Simon Jordan thing. Unless he is also looking to get into boxing because he has commented on that?

chiefdave

Looking back at Malaka's original comments Red Bull certainly makes sense. They are one of the few people that buying both us and the rugby club could work for as they seem happy to throw money at similar ventures.

I could take playing in a darker blue, sponsored by Red Bull in the Red Bull Arena shared with Coventry (Red) Bulls rugby team. Not sure they'd be allowed to change the name but that would obviously be a big issue, I guess depends what it changed to. Red Bull Coventry City would make little difference as everyone would still call us Coventry City. Changing to red and white, as their other teams play in, would be the big one I think, although we're practically in white this year!

rupert_bear

Y
Think people are looking way too much into the Simon Jordan thing. Unless he is also looking to get into boxing because he has commented on that?
Ypu are probably right Nick but where did he spring from and why ? Was he lying by the pool in Marbella and suddenly thought i'll comment on the Coventry City saga ? Coincidence ? Don't really believe in coincidences normally

chiefdave

Look at his twitter. Seems like he lays round his pool and spends he time tweeting about all sorts of clubs and sports. It was then the CT that ran with it. If they contacted him and asked him for an interview he's not the sort to say no and he's not said anything in the interview to indicate he's looked at us for more than 5 minutes or has any intention of mounting a bid.

Nick

Administrator
Y

Ypu are probably right Nick but where did he spring from and why ? Was he lying by the pool in Marbella and suddenly thought i'll comment on the Coventry City saga ? Coincidence ? Don't really believe in coincidences normally

He seems to tweet about all sorts including boxing, Villa's manager situation, Payet, Jose Fonte etc etc.

It mentioned CCFC that time and was blown up.

hutch1972

Looking back at Malaka's original comments Red Bull certainly makes sense. They are one of the few people that buying both us and the rugby club could work for as they seem happy to throw money at similar ventures.

I could take playing in a darker blue, sponsored by Red Bull in the Red Bull Arena shared with Coventry (Red) Bulls rugby team. Not sure they'd be allowed to change the name but that would obviously be a big issue, I guess depends what it changed to. Red Bull Coventry City would make little difference as everyone would still call us Coventry City. Changing to red and white, as their other teams play in, would be the big one I think, although we're practically in white this year!
Jimmy Hill tried to change our name to coventry Talbot and was told in no uncertain terms by the fa to go away.

Irish Sky Blue

JimmyHill as always ahead of his time. Bet the fa wouldn't put up such a fight today.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would hope that a take over could happen without name change, colour change or badge change. I would be least bothered about the latter. Often in the past we haven't had a badge. Older fans will remember the black elephant on ball silhouette type badge from the late sixties, seventies. A name change or a change of kit colour I would find hard to accept. When you think how hard Hull and Cardiff supporters campaigned on similar issues, it shows how desperate we are to be saved. I hope the FA do make a stand on this as football traditions are too easily cast aside for commercial reasons in my view. Coventry Talbot I think was one of Jimmy's bad ideas.
If someone like Red Bull did come in I would hope they could work within our traditions and not throw it all away.

Calista

I would hope that a take over could happen without name change, colour change or badge change. I would be least bothered about the latter. Often in the past we haven't had a badge. Older fans will remember the black elephant on ball silhouette type badge from the late sixties, seventies. A name change or a change of kit colour I would find hard to accept. When you think how hard Hull and Cardiff supporters campaigned on similar issues, it shows how desperate we are to be saved. I hope the FA do make a stand on this as football traditions are too easily cast aside for commercial reasons in my view. Coventry Talbot I think was one of Jimmy's bad ideas.
If someone like Red Bull did come in I would hope they could work within our traditions and not throw it all away.

I definitely understand those sentiments ISB, but we have been little more than an embarrassment for far too many years, and I’d be happy if somebody started a totally new chapter.

In the 1960’s when Jimmy Hill got the whole city on the Sky Blue bandwagon, was anyone seriously saying “I can’t identify with this, we’re not the Bantams any more and the kit has changed”?

As Northern says, you can’t buy identity. But as Jimmy proved, you can build it.

dongonzalos

Hi Guys.
The buy out as far as I was informed was not from an individual or a consortium. The company was mentioned (by others) as I stated in the thread that I started.
I was told by who I considered to be party to information that was reliable and this was reinforced by someone else at The Crawley game. As far as I understood, money was to be invested within this transfer window, rightly or wrongly, I assumed that it would be on the back of a buy out. Although I am a businessman, I do not know if SISU were investing to up the value of the club or not. I do not know how these things work in corporate business.
If I told you who told me, you would understand why I was excited and why I cannot tell you where the rumour came from as it would destroy the people involved. So please respect that.
On my kids lives, I did not ever try to add anything to the story, I just relayed info that I was told and still believe that it was said to me in all honesty. I still hope that it is true.
Currently, I know nothing more than what I shared on this site. If and when I hear anything one way or the other I will let you guys know. I do not want to keep going back to my original thread as I was accused by someone of trying to keep the thread going.

I want to re-iterate:
  • I never said it was definitely going to happen
  • I have never said who was going to do it
  • I have never said if it does happen, when it would be
Like I said, I assumed rightly or wrongly, it would be done within the transfer window.
On the positive side, there is still some time, others are hearing little snippets, it has gone quite again where SISU are concerned, we aint going to the Butts, Slade is only short term (read into that what you want), I told Nick by PM that all the loanees were going before he posted it which turned out to be true (ask him), so my contacts were right again.
No one wants to be more right about the situation than me. I have supported this club since I was six (1968), the last thing I would do is wind people upon here that obviously love this club as much as I do. Only a complete arsehole would do that. I know that I am anonymous here, but I do pride myself on my honesty and integrity.
I have told Nick privately who my contacts were and who I was told was interested in buying us. Thanks for your integrity Nick. And if and when we are bought out you can all buy me that coffee and a season ticket.

Mate if you do get a chance to ask anything.
Would you mind asking how it is supposed to be the council causing the issue.
The only way I could see it having anything to do with them would be if Red Bull wanted the actual Freehold for the Ricoh.
Otherwise I can't see how the Council can be involved?
Cheers

chiefdave

Would you mind asking how it is supposed to be the council causing the issue.
The only way I could see it having anything to do with them would be if Red Bull wanted the actual Freehold for the Ricoh.
Think you've answered your own question there. If Red Bull were considering buying ACL, Wasps and CRFC there's a good chance they would want the freehold. The freehold, according to the councils own documents, is pretty much worthless until the end of the lease is approaching. So based on what Malaka has said a conversation has taken place and the council are asking far more than it is worth.

Sure the FOI's are flying in from the CT to get this all cleared up.

dongonzalos

Think you've answered your own question there. If Red Bull were considering buying ACL, Wasps and CRFC there's a good chance they would want the freehold. The freehold, according to the councils own documents, is pretty much worthless until the end of the lease is approaching. So based on what Malaka has said a conversation has taken place and the council are asking far more than it is worth.

Sure the FOI's are flying in from the CT to get this all cleared up.

But don't you yourself say that a 250 year lease is the same as having the Freehold.
So if Redbull bought Wasps would they also get the 250 year leasehold.
Or do they still have to pay the council something to inherit that Lease

skyblueinBaku

Yep. Led by a Chinese consortium and backed by Prince Philip.
You could be right, Otis! I understand that Malaka is Greek, so there is a link to Prince Phillip. Perhaps it's HRH who is Malaka's source.

chiefdave

But don't you yourself say that a 250 year lease is the same as having the Freehold.
In my opinion but I'm not running Red Bull. They may have a requirement to own the freehold. They may have looked into the history and decided they don't want the council involved. From Malaka's sources they required the freehold, spoke to the council and the price was too high. That's all the information we have.

dongonzalos

In my opinion but I'm not running Red Bull. They may have a requirement to own the freehold. They may have looked into the history and decided they don't want the council involved. From Malaka's sources they required the freehold, spoke to the council and the price was too high. That's all the information we have.

I don't think Malaka's info said that Red Bull wanted the Freehold to Ricoh hence my question to him.
Unless I missed a further update explaining that.
He just said the investor wanted us and Wasps but the council are asking for too much.

Users who are viewing this thread