Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Keep up the good work Torch.

Lounging around all day, waited on hand and foot and losing shit loads of weight.

The rest of us are working in jobs we don't like, having to look after ourselves, dieting and still getting fat.

True. Not sure how many more episodes of Time Team I can watch though.

Reactions: vow

Rich

True. Not sure how many more episodes of Time Team I can watch though.

I had a lot of respect for you until this Torch. You've lost it all mate. No respect at all.
TIME TEAM!!!! you should be watching Homes under the Hammer.

Nick

Administrator
How much for how many?

I had most of it already, most expensive thing was coconut flour about £3 a bag but barely used any and have had about 20 bars out of it with loads left.

Didnt bother dipping them in chocolate either.

Rich

So you reckon they come in less than 49p each like the Aldi ones?

Obviously if you were to have to buy all the ingredients from scratch.

covcity4life

first game of footy tonight since i got pins and needles and back ache 2 weeks ago. quite worried as im getting depressed with lack of excercise now. i want to play footy or go for a run and not be in pain for days after. want to go back to gym and do weights(not heavy of course)

seeing chiro on monday too. will tell him problems in past 3 weeks and hopefully he can resolve it.

Nick

Administrator
first game of footy tonight since i got pins and needles and back ache 2 weeks ago. quite worried as im getting depressed with lack of excercise now. i want to play footy or go for a run and not be in pain for days after. want to go back to gym and do weights(not heavy of course)

seeing chiro on monday too. will tell him problems in past 3 weeks and hopefully he can resolve it.

Need to do low impact then.

Cross trainer, exercise bike etc.

Built it up before the high impact. I am ok for footy but run on the road or pavement and im done :(

covcity4life

footy i had 2 good games in a row with no effec.t then bang 20 mins into 1 game and i my feet wer enumb.

hopefully today is ok and that was a 1 off. will stretch lots today before kick off

torchomatic

Respect. I can't even spell gmy.

Nick

Administrator
They're the ones.
Home made ones will have more protein and less carbs before marbs.

One stop have u fit drinks too, 22g protein and not much fat or carbs

They were a pound each bit think they have gone up

Rich

Home made ones will have more protein and less carbs before marbs.

One stop have u fit drinks too, 22g protein and not much fat or carbs

They were a pound each bit think they have gone up

I'm happy enough with the hikes. Not on a low carb diet as I just want to lose fat add muscle. I've stayed the same since start of December and that includes some fat loss, a week all inclusive and Christmas.

Marty

Let me know how you get on. Been having physio on my back and have been getting loads better already. She managed to realign my back too. I've been given excercises to loosen my hamstrings and to strengthen my lower back, bum and core.

covcity4life

Mu calves been rly right since 2 weeks ago and now i read tight calves like hamstringd are linked to lower back pain. Gonna stretch now

Yes aill you let u know what chiro says. Can u shsre the gamstring stretches please?

Marty

She said that lower back, bum and hamstrings work together and a tight hamstrings frequently cause the lower back pain

So the excercises I've been given are to. on the floor with your knees bent like a sit up but raise your pelvis. Like a swinging leg thing and one where you are on the floor and you lift your leg up keeping it as straight as possible. Grab your leg and hold it while trying to kick away, hold for a few seconds then release but try and get the leg further round so you're always stretching slightly further. You really feel the last one in your calves too

covcity4life

well i played yesterday,did extensive calf and hamstring stretches first. after 10 mins i did notice my left calf feeling bit more stiff but then one of the guys got injured so we played 5 on 4 and the game was less intense and i managed to play 1 hour 25mins in the end.

whilst calf defintley felt a lil off it did not cramp or cause numbness etc. i am not sure what would have happened had it remained 5 v 5 though.

my fitbit thingy said i ran 3 miles so its not like i stood still all game.just that one lil twinge early on and the slightest feeling in my foot that pins and needles could be on way kinda dampening my mood of playing 1.5 hours with no issues.

still step in right direction hopefully?

Sky_Blue_Daz

So was out having my run and was roughly 7.5 miles into it

When all of a sudden I had an awful need to drop a log
But it got to the stage where if I'd ran any further things would if got messy
Luckily enough I was running with my nephew who dashed off to get the car I managed to walk to the church hall in Corley

It was a photo finish when I got home

Moff

I've had my first physio session today for my back. She said I have very tight hamstrings and that's most likely the cause, although she did find issues with my back too.

Had 'dry needling' done and feel loads better now although at the time it caused cramp in my arse. It was agony.

I have also been told that i have tight hamstrings. Maybe i need to do more intense warm ups

Apologies if already covered but stretching the hamstrings will help your back. I have a degenerative back injury from a bad car accident. It hurts every day, with sciatica but is just about manageable. Being fit helps, as movements gets my back moving the blood flowing and stops the back seizing up, but one thing that has always helped is loosening the hamstrings, it really makes a huge difference.

Also consider Pilates, and if you don't want to attend a class, get a book or research online, some of the exercises make a huge difference. Hope that helps.

Moff

So was out having my run and was roughly 7.5 miles into it

When all of a sudden I had an awful need to drop a log
But it got to the stage where if I'd ran any further things would if got messy
Luckily enough I was running with my nephew who dashed off to get the car I managed to walk to the church hall in Corley

It was a photo finish when I got home

Runners trots is a nightmare. Used to have a mate who took bog roll out with him every run as he used to shit in a bush somewhere due to the runs on his run.

I had a few near misses, found running in the morning before breakfast helped, but don't ever do it after a takeaway the night before, that's a guaranteed log drop mid run.

shmmeee

Right getting on this now. New life starts now. Got my running shoes and tracky bottoms back today.

Going high protein, low carb, running and walking to start with.

Want to do some body weight resistance work. Looking at convict conditioning, but does anyone have any good exercises for flabby fucks with the strength of a 12 year old girl?

text-quotes-fight-club-typography-7c91571613890d844db1fa4d1e94afc7.jpeg

fellatio_Martinez

Right getting on this now. New life starts now. Got my running shoes and tracky bottoms back today.

Want to do some body weight resistance work. Looking at convict conditioning, but does anyone have any good exercises for flabby fucks with the strength of a 12 year old girl?

Stick with a good amount of protein and fat during the day. Some carbs are good post workout but we're talking a handful of pasta rather than a plate of spuds.

A banana an hour before usually gives me a good bit of extra energy. Successful running is all in the breathing. Breath deeply in and out if the mouth instead of through your nose. Most people fail and get stitches becuase their lungs aren't getting enough oxygen.

Get a chin up bar for strength. After your run do a few variations. You'll probably only be able to dona few to start but using your own weight is the best way to condition yourself I find.

Good luck! Running will change your life in lots of different positive ways.

Marty

Spend as much as you can afford on running trainers and get them fitted, 'Coventry Runner' are excellent for this and added miles to my runs just by having proper fitting trainers that suited my running style.

I would stick to low impact exercises to start with like pilates. It looks easy but some of them are seriously hard work, 2 for you to try now.
1. lie down on your back, place hands behind your bum so you're sitting on them, point your toes so you're stretching, raise both legs, one bout 2 inches of the floor and the other higher about 18-24 inches and alternate them about walking speed.
2. Lie on back, legs raised at the hips at 90 degrees, then bent at the knees at 90 degrees, raise your upper body up and over slightly so if you're about to do a sit up, arms out beside your legs, and lift them up and down in sync, no higher then the knees and no lower then mid point of the hips.
Do both until you need to stop but theres two absolute killer ab work outs for you.

Invest in a good yoga mat too.

I don't know your situation but I wouldn't worry about a diet plan for the time being, just eat less calories then you burn and you will be on your road to success. Don't go 'cold turkey' with junk food either.

Having been through this and now sticking to a healthy way of life, I'm more then willing to help other people achieve their goals, so feel free to ask anything, that includes everyone who uses this site,

Nick

Administrator
I went to Coventry Runner and they watched me run etc. However I don't really notice much difference at all apart from paying £80 for some trainers rather than the £50 they were online :(

shmmeee

Spend as much as you can afford on running trainers and get them fitted, 'Coventry Runner' are excellent for this and added miles to my runs just by having proper fitting trainers that suited my running style.

I would stick to low impact exercises to start with like pilates. It looks easy but some of them are seriously hard work, 2 for you to try now.
1. lie down on your back, place hands behind your bum so you're sitting on them, point your toes so you're stretching, raise both legs, one bout 2 inches of the floor and the other higher about 18-24 inches and alternate them about walking speed.
2. Lie on back, legs raised at the hips at 90 degrees, then bent at the knees at 90 degrees, raise your upper body up and over slightly so if you're about to do a sit up, arms out beside your legs, and lift them up and down in sync, no higher then the knees and no lower then mid point of the hips.
Do both until you need to stop but theres two absolute killer ab work outs for you.

Invest in a good yoga mat too.

I don't know your situation but I wouldn't worry about a diet plan for the time being, just eat less calories then you burn and you will be on your road to success. Don't go 'cold turkey' with junk food either.

Having been through this and now sticking to a healthy way of life, I'm more then willing to help other people achieve their goals, so feel free to ask anything, that includes everyone who uses this site,

Will give those a try, cheers.

I'm freaking terrible at moderation, I work better "banning" things rather than cutting down, but I'll take what you say about diet into consideration. Just making little changes at the moment like eggs for breakfast instead of cereal and taking extra veg instead of loads of spuds at dinner. I may go full no carb if I can simply because I think a quick boost would help my motivation and I've had good success on it before, but long term it's not sustainable.

covcity4life

I used coventry runner and they gsve me sum special sngle support trainers

Also indid yoga yesyerday for first time and i swear after i felt like i was fucning high lol

Anyone ever had that feeling? Just all chilled out. Yoga rly works?

Marty

I used coventry runner and they gsve me sum special sngle support trainers

Also indid yoga yesyerday for first time and i swear after i felt like i was fucning high lol

Anyone ever had that feeling? Just all chilled out. Yoga rly works?

Never done yoga but I've heard it's very similar to pilates, and pilates does work, I can see why yoga would work too. I have had the sensation of feeling light headed and a bit dizzy.

Shmmee - Carbs are good for you, they fuel your body and allows the protein to be used to build muscle instead of being used for fuel. I suggest you read up on 'marco nutrients'. It's more for body builders to follow those sort of plans but they will give you a basic understanding of what you need and why.

clint van damme

Will give those a try, cheers.

I'm freaking terrible at moderation, I work better "banning" things rather than cutting down, but I'll take what you say about diet into consideration. Just making little changes at the moment like eggs for breakfast instead of cereal and taking extra veg instead of loads of spuds at dinner. I may go full no carb if I can simply because I think a quick boost would help my motivation and I've had good success on it before, but long term it's not sustainable.

I've gone low carb and really feeling the physical benefits.
But yesterday while explaining them to the mrs she said you don't realise do you? I said realise what?
She said my personality has changed since I've gone low carb and I'm much more relaxed and easier to live with. Though maybe that's down to my brain being numb from watching City.

Moff

I went to Coventry Runner and they watched me run etc. However I don't really notice much difference at all apart from paying £80 for some trainers rather than the £50 they were online :(

Forget the cost, its the quality. With the injuries I have had when I used to road run, a good pair of trainers made an enormous difference.

Users who are viewing this thread