Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'm getting a bit better, tried some HIIT on the treadmill on Saturday and it really hurt but felt good after. Had a bit of a shit one so ended up with curry and chips for tea so ruined all of it!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I'm getting a bit better, tried some HIIT on the treadmill on Saturday and it really hurt but felt good after. Had a bit of a shit one so ended up with curry and chips for tea so ruined all of it!

you might aswell been eating it while doing hiit haha

Rich

I'm working hard, burning 1000 calories+ three times a week and counting calories, but it's slow going. Lost about half a stone since mid August.

Nick

Administrator
I'm working hard, burning 1000 calories+ three times a week and counting calories, but it's slow going. Lost about half a stone since mid August.

Still not too bad. 1000 is pretty good and half a stone in a month is still decent :)

Rich

Still not too bad. 1000 is pretty good and half a stone in a month is still decent :)
I've got a garmin watch and it's actually working out to about 1200 calories in 1hr15min. Less than 2lb per week and I'm working my ass off for it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Completely give up going to spindles

Running between 3/4 times a week and just doing sit ups and burpees

Sky_Blue_Daz

Started running round memorial park, I'm doing 5 laps which according to the app on my wife's phone equates to just over 8 miles, it's quite a nice run.
I'm aiming to get to 6 laps in the next week or so

Rich

Started running round memorial park, I'm doing 5 laps which according to the app on my wife's phone equates to just over 8 miles, it's quite a nice run.
You ought to get on the parkrun action on Saturday mornings. It's great running in those.

LastGarrison

Saw your better half running round there yesterday!

Just started getting back into Bootcamp properly but going to start throwing in the occasional run as feel it is good for getting rid of the gut.

Nick

Administrator
No matter what I try I can't get into running. Not sure if it is because it hurts my knee after a bit or if I have no middle ground so it's either walking or sprinting and then dying :(

Rich

No matter what I try I can't get into running. Not sure if it is because it hurts my knee after a bit or if I have no middle ground so it's either walking or sprinting and then dying :(
I've been doping 30 sec sprints, 30 sec walk of late. It's quite amusing overtaking people who are constantly jogging and getting away from them when you're walking half the time.

Nick

Administrator
I've been doping 30 sec sprints, 30 sec walk of late. It's quite amusing overtaking people who are constantly jogging and getting away from them when you're walking half the time.

I don't mind that on the treadmill, even if I look a bellend in the gym :)

Marty

1lb of muscle burns 50 calories more a day then fat. Defo do both.

covcity4life

i will do 2 weights workouts a week still

but before i was doing 4 and too exhausted for cardio.

im getting fat(and strong)

i wanna be lean more than i wanna be powerful

more cardio and still weights could be a good fit

fernandopartridge

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, nice as fried rice as well. Much cheaper to stick a fresh cauliflower in the food processor as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'm too lazy so will just keep getting the bags, 1.75 for 4 isn't too bad.

By the time there's a bag of veg, that and 2 tins of mackerel it's about 2 a meal which isn't too bad for lunch

Will try and fry some as well.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Marty

Hows everyone getting on with their plans?? currently sitting slightly heavier at just over 12 and a half stone but it's mainly muscle going on, eating loads more now but my body seems to be using it efficiently.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Really enjoying my running, still doing roughly 8 miles.

Rich

I'm definitely getting fitter, but gut is growing.
I could really do with some simple healthy recipes.

Travs

Good to see people making an effort to improve their health.

It's hard work and takes discipline, but if you stick at it the results can be substantial. My catalyst came from weighing myself one Christmas and being slightly over 100kg, despite "carrying it well". Unfortunately playing/training football 5x a week equated to 5x days/evenings in the pub as well, so whilst I was relatively fit, I was putting on the pounds.

I eventually got out of playing football and took up Muay Thai, but even then it was at least a year before I started taking it seriously and really looked critically at my diet. Ended up getting down to 90kg for my first (exhibition) fight, then set a target at 84kg, and eventually bottomed out at 78kg for a pro fight (actually weighed in on the day at 77.3kg), and in a training trip to Thailand I reached 76kg but that's a different matter over there, with the climate, lifestyle, and sheer quantity of training.

Then turned my sights on Fell-racing which is my main passion now, far bigger in fact than football! Steadily built the race mileage up, 16, 19, 25, 33, 42, up to a 17.5 hour 45 mile race this summer. Going for a 102 mile race in Snowdonia early next summer. It's hard work and you have to be dedicated, but if you simultaneously get your training and diet together you can get massive results.

Spent most of the year hovering around 82-83kg but on a good spurt at the moment and just above 80kg. Which is large for a runner, although I am 6ft2" and considering my "fight weight" was 78kg, I'm not carrying too much extra!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Started running again last week, after the snow, Christmas and birthday celebrations

Doing 3 laps round memorial park, gonna build up to 5 by march and 6 for April

Users who are viewing this thread