Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (2 Viewers)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Spent a few weeks hammering the gym, did a few double sessions with an hour cardio in the evening and an hour weights in the morning and didn't lose a bean. Go away for a few days and don't really eat properly, no exercise (apart from walking) and a few beers and I lose 3lb.

Hit the gym and circuits again and eating properly and not a jot!

giphy.gif

your big boned lol, ive put on 2lbs of muscle while shedding fat delighted, im nearing the end of week 3 now starting week 4 monday, ive only cheated once had 2 bars chocolate i blame the gf for staying over and eating it in front of me haha, but this first time ive been leanest in years i can just see my 6 pack a bit so now ive to really bust my ass over next 4 weeks...............

and im going to beer festival today forgot id tickets so thats not going to help me any what way and also missing gym for it oh well gotta have fun too ha.

Nick

Administrator
It's probably something to do with getting on a bit ;)
Ha it could be, wouldn't mind if I was on the beers but hardly drink. Remember going on a 3 week drinking session when I was 22 and dropped a stone and trouser size. Easy

covmark

Has anyone tried the keto diet? I'm finding it a real shit losing the last bit of beer belly.
I've read good and bad things about it. Just wondered if anybody has actually tried it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Marty

Has anyone tried the keto diet? I'm finding it a real shit losing the last bit of beer belly.
I've read good and bad things about it. Just wondered if anybody has actually tried it.

A lad at work is on it and runs a help class as well on Facebook. He's done really well and lost loads.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User

ive done it, its works wonders but its very tough, everybody bodies react differently to the loss of carbs. It can mentally stress you with hunger for the first 5 -10 days. Its getting to the switch over is the hard bit after the switch over then get past the craving stage then your fine. At around the 5-8 day mark is the switch over and on that day you will feel like utter crap headaches really hungry faintish maybe but when you get to bed wake up next morning your like a new person, its basically body cleansing itself and detoxing the bad sugar as energy ect.Think of it this way like changing from diesel to petrol for energy ha. You will cut water very fast then fat but also muscle density. Id do it for fast fat cut but be careful when you finish youve have to bring back in very clean carbs slowly without messing up everything you did but def worth it if done right.

covmark

ive done it, its works wonders but its very tough, everybody bodies react differently to the loss of carbs. It can mentally stress you with hunger for the first 5 -10 days. Its getting to the switch over is the hard bit after the switch over then get past the craving stage then your fine. At around the 5-8 day mark is the switch over and on that day you will feel like utter crap headaches really hungry faintish maybe but when you get to bed wake up next morning your like a new person, its basically body cleansing itself and detoxing the bad sugar as energy ect.Think of it this way like changing from diesel to petrol for energy ha. You will cut water very fast then fat but also muscle density. Id do it for fast fat cut but be careful when you finish youve have to bring back in very clean carbs slowly without messing up everything you did but def worth it if done right.
Cheers mate. Think I might give it a bash.
On holiday for two weeks now though so I think I'll need a detox after that
Might tap you up for some advice when I start it mate.

Marty

Very easy diet. Protein and fats, as much veg as you like no carbs full stop. That's pritty much it I think.

Nick

Administrator
Very easy diet. Protein and fats, as much veg as you like no carbs full stop. That's pritty much it I think.
With them all I need somebody to just tell me what to eat and I'll do it, it's the working out I can't do.

covmark

70% fats 25% protein 5% carbs
No fruit except avocado. Some veg are better than others. And no milk, not even in coffee.

Marty

No fruit except avocado. Some veg are better than others. And no milk, not even in coffee.

Lol I was completely wrong then. Like I say my only experience is the lad a work.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
cutting out stuff we love is never easy, way i look at it is do it now put in the effort and torture get to where you want to be then keep it a mon to fri thing and indulge on the weekends thats what im aiming towards.

Marty

cutting out stuff we love is never easy, way i look at it is do it now put in the effort and torture get to where you want to be then keep it a mon to fri thing and indulge on the weekends thats what im aiming towards.

That's what I do, a week away, ate relatively good but obviously had a lot of ice cream and beer etc. I'll see the damage when I land back in the UK. Before flying out again on Monday for more damage. :cool:

fernandopartridge

What is it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I've just read something which suggests dairy is ok of it's full fat but then dairy contains lactose which is sugar

covmark

I've just read something which suggests dairy is ok of it's full fat but then dairy contains lactose which is sugar

Yeah I keep reading cream is fine milk is not.
I can't get my head round eating bacon will help me lose body fat haha.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't been doing as much, school holidays etc so routine is all to pot.

Have however discovered tinned sardines for Protein :)

Marty

Haven't been doing as much, school holidays etc so routine is all to pot.

Have however discovered tinned sardines for Protein :)

Warm weather training is where the actions at. My legs have gone pritty lean but I can't decide if they look class or horrible though.

Nick

Administrator
Have still been doing circuits where I can, went twice last week and one of them was the worst I can remember. Struggling to catch a breath for most of it and the fitbit was saying heart rate was redder than ever.

Reckon I must just have dodgy lungs, no matter how much cardio I don't seem to get much fitter :(

Marty

Have still been doing circuits where I can, went twice last week and one of them was the worst I can remember. Struggling to catch a breath for most of it and the fitbit was saying heart rate was redder than ever.

Reckon I must just have dodgy lungs, no matter how much cardio I don't seem to get much fitter :(

Are you sure you just aren't working harder each session?

Users who are viewing this thread