Long Term Prediction Thread (1 Viewer)

Moff

No I think that it is viable to have a stadium there.
11-12 k tops.
I also understand all the logic of why CCFC need their own stadium.

Falling for it is even for the remotest second believing that SISU will do it after everything else including the Butts we have beeen promised in the past. That has not happened.
For me it's very much the case of the boy who cried wolf.
I think because it's the Butts and people are desperate for it to be true. The concept of SISU coming good on their statement is getting more credence than it deserves.

I don't believe anything that they say Dongo, but my feeling is somewhere something has to give, and I don't think it will be with the Ricoh, so what are our options?

bawtryneal

1). Think we will stay at the Ricoh long term
2). 2 or 3 seasons in League 2 and then promotion back to League 1
3). SISU. Here to stay I am afraid.

dongonzalos

I don't believe anything that they say Dongo, but my feeling is somewhere something has to give, and I don't think it will be with the Ricoh, so what are our options?

I wish I could believe it mate.

I don't think they have any options. I think they are just trying to buy time until JR2 finishes.

They will probably move us out somewhere again and they need the fans on side as much as possible.

If we move out under the hope we are coming back one day to the Butts. That is far more acceptable to fans.

Different owners I can see the viability of the Butts. However never as a 25k stadium unfortunately.

bawtryneal

Investment in the squad based on average 6,000/7,000 gate plus improved income from deal with ACL.
Plus and very important, keeeping Mark Robins as manager.

dongonzalos

It isn't that you have woken up and decided to write novels for threads that's for sure ;)

Probably the same as the "proud of the council" novel you wrote.

Still happy about that one.
Children's charities should never get trampled on by corporate businesses. That's an agenda I don't mind you throwing at me.
This one yes my agenda is I can't believe some fans are getting done with the Ronaldo step over again.

I will keep an eye on my word count for your role as the agenda police though don't worry.
However I am sure if you agreed with my point of view whatever the agenda it wouldn't be an issue ;);)

Moff

I wish I could believe it mate.

I don't think they have any options. I think they are just trying to buy time until JR2 finishes.

They will probably move us out somewhere again and they need the fans on side as much as possible.

If we move out under the hope we are coming back one day to the Butts. That is far more acceptable to fans.

Different owners I can see the viability of the Butts. However never as a 25k stadium unfortunately.

They are running out of options, which makes me think panic mode has seen the Butts project considered again. If they are stalling until JR2, at the speed the courts take, and then appeals, we could be in for a slow painful wait.

The reason I would consider the Butts is its preferable to moving out of the city, if the Ricoh situation became untenable.

Re different owners, I can see the viability of our football club again wherever we may be. It will come....one day.

From my old planning experience, I think we could see a 15-20k stadium, with potential for a small add on crammed in. It is possible, but finances are another matter!

Nick

Administrator
This one yes my agenda is I can't believe some fans are getting done with the Ronaldo step over again.

Name them all. People who have actually fallen for it and think 100% it is going to happen. Not people who are discussing viability of it.

olderskyblue

1) We start the season at the Butts
2) The Butts has not been developed, as the financials show, that once all the investors, and CRFC get there chunk from the 24/7 availability, there's only a paltry £75K profit for CCFC
3) The Butts is the perfect size for the amount of fans still going.
4) SISU take CRFC to court as the rent has increased to £105K (or for any other reason they can think of to stitch Sharp up)
5) SISU take CRFC to court as the pitch is not good enough for Oggy's team to play decent football on
6) CCFC relegated to the conference by February this year
7) JR2 is resolved. CCC win again
8) SISU appeal JR2
9) The JLR Arena is packing Rugby fans in
10) This site is renamed WT (Wasps Talk) due to the overwhelming % of CCFC fans that now support Wasps
11) Italia is a moderator on here... and..
12) Nick still visits the dribbling moff in the care home at the Butts (in the room next to the mediator...)
13) People's views on here from 6 or more years ago will still be dragged up and used in some futile argument.
14) Les will still be looking for the smoking gun some thought he had
15) Gilbert's hair will not have changed
16) The CT will have a front page headline that 10 more people have signed their petition in the last 2 months.

Just a few predictions to start with.... ;)

bawtryneal

They are running out of options, which makes me think panic mode has seen the Butts project considered again. If they are stalling until JR2, at the speed the courts take, and then appeals, we could be in for a slow painful wait.

The reason I would consider the Butts is its preferable to moving out of the city, if the Ricoh situation became untenable.

Re different owners, I can see the viability of our football club again wherever we may be. It will come....one day.

From my old planning experience, I think we could see a 15-20k stadium, with potential for a small add on crammed in. It is possible, but finances are another matter!

I think the Butts option is a smokescreen as part of the ongoing negotiations with Wasps/ACL. Wasps need CCFC for both the naming rights negotiations plus the annual income.
I think we will stay at the Ricoh indefinitely either as tenants to Wasps or under a new deal when Wasps go bust.

Moff

I think the Butts option is a smokescreen as part of the ongoing negotiations with Wasps/ACL. Wasps need CCFC for both the naming rights negotiations plus the annual income.
I think we will stay at the Ricoh indefinitely either as tenants to Wasps or under a new deal when Wasps go bust.

I would be happy with that, but I would lie if I didn't say I would be ecstatic at the latter option ;)

Moff

1) We start the season at the Butts
2) The Butts has not been developed, as the financials show, that once all the investors, and CRFC get there chunk from the 24/7 availability, there's only a paltry £75K profit for CCFC
3) The Butts is the perfect size for the amount of fans still going.
4) SISU take CRFC to court as the rent has increased to £105K (or for any other reason they can think of to stitch Sharp up)
5) SISU take CRFC to court as the pitch is not good enough for Oggy's team to play decent football on
6) CCFC relegated to the conference by February this year
7) JR2 is resolved. CCC win again
8) SISU appeal JR2
9) The JLR Arena is packing Rugby fans in
10) This site is renamed WT (Wasps Talk) due to the overwhelming % of CCFC fans that now support Wasps
11) Italia is a moderator on here... and..
12) Nick still visits the dribbling moff in the care home at the Butts (in the room next to the mediator...)
13) People's views on here from 6 or more years ago will still be dragged up and used in some futile argument.
14) Les will still be looking for the smoking gun some thought he had
15) Gilbert's hair will not have changed
16) The CT will have a front page headline that 10 more people have signed their petition in the last 2 months.

Just a few predictions to start with.... ;)

As there is already a stadium there, I do believe a bigger one is viable.

(Amended as I misunderstood the point)

Last edited:

olderskyblue

As there is already a stadium there, I do believe a bigger one is viable you fucking muppett. I didn't say it would be built by or for CCFC did I.

ha. I only had you dribbling because of Italia becoming a mod... :emoji_smile:

clint van damme

Yeah, I think its a viable option, albeit probably on a temporary basis if wasps kick us out.

If its that (with temporary stands) or sixfields, I know which one I would choose.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The thing is, would CRFC be on board with that?
I may be wrong but there seems to be an air of if we choose to move to the Butts we can pitch up and do what we want amongst our support.

I really don't see what CRFC will get from us moving there and if they don't want it it's not going to happen.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, would CRFC be on board with that?
I may be wrong but there seems to be an air of if we choose to move to the Butts we can pitch up and do what we want amongst our support.

I really don't see what CRFC will get from us moving there and if they don't want it it's not going to happen.

Totally the opposite for me, I'd want it to benefit both whatever happened.

Joint season tickets, joint events, joint branding etc.

dongonzalos

I really hope you are right.
It would've awesome stroll from town to the match. The away support walking up from the station.
I have changed my stance on capacity in so much as 20k would be enough. As long as there were new owners who would be prepared to switch games to the Ricoh when thedenand is greater.

However I am still adamant non if this is happening under SISU's watch. Sorry once I am bitten 4 timesI take the hint !!

dongonzalos

Name them all. People who have actually fallen for it and think 100% it is going to happen. Not people who are discussing viability of it.

People are believing in it. Stupot for example if you want me to name names. He is an intelligent poster on here.
Moff another well reasoned poster on here sees it as the only option.

Watch the media and in particular Les and this forum over the next few weeks. The sway will grow.
You will busy hunting out your agenda driven PR plants for the council.
Whilst gradually everyone will be getting led along a merry path to the Butts and promotion under Robins and his promotion budget.
The path will eventually end with no stadium, no Butts, no promotion and no Robins.
That's just my opinion, sorry that's just my 'agenda' of course.

Nick

Administrator
People are believing in it. Stupot for example if you want me to name names. He is an intelligent poster on here.
Moff another well reasoned poster on here sees it as the only option.

Watch the media and in particular Les and this forum over the next few weeks. The sway will grow.
You will busy hunting out your agenda driven PR plants for the council.
Whilst gradually everyone will be getting led along a merry path to the Butts and promotion under Robins and his promotion budget.
The path will eventually end with no stadium, no Butts, no promotion and no Robins.
That's just my opinion, sorry that's just my 'agenda' of course.

Yes, there is being for it and saying it would be good but how many are saying it WILL 100% happen?

I guess if the sway starts to move to people being behind the idea your posts will get longer?

Why shouldn't everybody get behind it and say go for it? That would worry them more than people trying as hard as they can to disprove it for them as they would have to do something then. ;)

dongonzalos

Yes, there is being for it and saying it would be good but how many are saying it WILL 100% happen?

I guess if the sway starts to move to people being behind the idea your posts will get longer?

Why shouldn't everybody get behind it and say go for it? That would worry them more than people trying as hard as they can to disprove it for them as they would have to do something then. ;)

How many people say 100% about anything.
With the past history of the false promises we have had I would be god smacked anyone though there was more than a 50% chance of it happening.
Why don't you ask those who are talking about the viability of it happening what their % is?
If you are looking for 100%'s. I think you will be spending a long time looking. ;)
As I say I am happy for this thread to be brought up in 2-3 years time.

What are your productions over that time frame by the way

Stadium
Team performance
Ownership

Nick

Administrator
How many people say 100% about anything.
With the past history of the false promises we have had I would be god smacked anyone though there was more than a 50% chance of it happening.
Why don't you ask those who are talking about the viability of it happening what their % is?
If you are looking for 100%'s. I think you will be spending a long time looking. ;)
As I say I am happy for this thread to be brought up in 2-3 years time.

What are your productions over that time frame by the way

Stadium
Team performance
Ownership

So nobody has fallen for it then have they if nobody thinks there is more than a 50% chance of it happening?

What point are you trying so hard to prove?

dongonzalos

So nobody has fallen for it then have they if nobody thinks there is more than a 50% chance of it happening?

What point are you trying so hard to prove?

I said I am surprised anybody thinks there is more than a 50% chance, I didn't say there isn't.
The I suggested you ask people if you want percentages?
You asked who believes that the Butts thing is going to happen and asked me to name, names.
So I did.
Once proven wrong there, you then changed it to who believes it 100%. (Rather bizzare)
Why don't you accept what's written on your own forum that some people are buying into the idea that's Butts move could happen.
I am saying due topsdtexperience under our current owners it won't.
Just like I said about a new stadium. Some felt that that would happen.

So your predictions????

JulianDarbyFTW

I think that next season will be hellish. Bottom half for sure. We have to build a brand new squad (yet again), and I doubt we'll bring in 11 new first team players. Even if we do, they'll take time to gel (copyright A.Thorn) and by the time they do we'll be fighting to stay afloat. Re: the stadium, I do actually believe the Butts story, simply because it has been floating around for a very long time. No smoke without fire, so they say. Whether that's realistic for 12 months time is a different question, and is probably a no. As for ownership, SISU will stay. They have gone all in on this project, and won't be looking to fold their hand.

TL;DR - Continuation of the total shitfest for a year or two, then a slight steadying of the ship and a lifetime of mid-table L2 football to look forward to.

Nick

Administrator
I said I am surprised anybody thinks there is more than a 50% chance, I didn't say there isn't.
The I suggested you ask people if you want percentages?
You asked who believes that the Butts thing is going to happen and asked me to name, names.
So I did.
Once proven wrong there, you then changed it to who believes it 100%. (Rather bizzare)
Why don't you accept what's written on your own forum that some people are buying into the idea that's Butts move could happen.
I am saying due topsdtexperience under our current owners it won't.
Just like I said about a new stadium. Some felt that that would happen.

So your predictions????

People are saying it would be good if it happened, nobody is talking as if it will happen and is 100%. Therefore nobody is falling for it.

Stupot said:

Yeah, I think its a viable option, albeit probably on a temporary basis if wasps kick us out.

He doesn't say it will be happening, just that it's viable.

You are trying very hard to get at something. What is it?

CovBurty

I was going to start this thread this morning but didn't get chance.
My first prediction was going to be that the attention will now move to the Butts. With the press release and the mantra will be re-emphasised in the forum
Something most Cov fans would love and so it's perfect.
On top of that we will told that MR will have a promotion budget (turns out its a top 8 budget, not the top six budget I was predicting, so I would have got that slightly wrong.

I predict next year MR will over achieve but a lot of people won't realise that he is. The top 8 budget will end up been a top 14 one after season tickets sales. However we won't hear about that.
We will finish 10th-12th.
People will call for Robin's head.

The Butts idea will get pushed more and more. People will get very excited about it and there will be lots of debates on here about its viability.
There will be lots of leaks by Les Reid with his biased caveat at the end of the story which ends up longer than the story itself.
The council will be portrayed as putting up hurdles and blocks to the Butts idea.

JR2 will fail and SISU will be advised to drop it. However they will ignore legal advice and keep appealing.
Wasps and the Council will be shafting CCFC financially, wherever they can as this drags on.
Each appeal will fail.

If we are lucky we will get a one year extension at the Ricoh. However I think it is just as likely we end up renting elsewhere. Playing in front of tiny crowds blaming the council and Wasps.
This will then be followed by a relegation battle just as all appeals for JR2 fail. MR will become a scapegoat to take pressure of those running the club he will be sacked.

We will have got nowhere with the Butts project.

Only at this stage will someone else finally take over the club. However they will have some job on their hands.

I am happy for this to be brought back up in two years.

Feel free to put your own predictions on here for

1) Stadium future
2) Football performance future
3) Ownership future for the next two seasons.
My view. Wasp kick us out when lease expires. They don't like City there, it's football, they chase eggs. They hate Sisu as much as we do.
We groundshare with Nuneaton, the Butts is possible, but CRFC don't want the court-case crazy Sisu anywhere near them.
Team performance based on Sisu history, Fisher talk bullshit, budget enough to get a few new faces in but not good enough to gain promotion. Miss out on play offs. 3rd season in L2 ends in another relegation as Fisher uses most of u21 squad as first team. The kids fail as they have failed this year, but we get to another Mickey Mouse final. This time around tho, the fans boycott Wembley.
2 years non-league then nobody bothers anymore and finally get permission to move to Butts from CRFC. Stadium doesn't need improving as it's now big enough.
Pretty grim really. I think the Butts story is no go. Costs.

dongonzalos

People are saying it would be good if it happened, nobody is talking as if it will happen and is 100%. Therefore nobody is falling for it.

Stupot said:

He doesn't say it will be happening, just that it's viable.

You are trying very hard to get at something. What is it?

Ah sorry somebody has to believe 100% that something is going to happen to start believing it may happen, or that it is more likely than not to happen. Or just start thinking there is a realistic chance here that it will happen.

Sorry Nick you are speaking rubbish and you know it.

It's very rare in life anyone is 100% about anything.

If you are now starting to think that there is a realistic chance of this Butts thing happening under SISU then you are getting taken in by them again for the third time in three years.
You don't need to be 100% to fall into that category.

Still no predictions from you?

How about I ask you straight out in three years time where do you think we will be playing and in what division?

Nick

Administrator
Ah sorry somebody has to believe 100% that something is going to happen to start believing it may happen, or that it is more likely than not to happen. Or just start thinking there is a realistic chance here that it will happen.

Sorry Nick you are speaking rubbish and you know it.

It's very rare in life anyone is 100% about anything.

If you are now starting to think that there is a realistic chance of this Butts thing happening under SISU then you are getting taken in by them again for the third time in three years.
You don't need to be 100% to fall into that category.

Still no predictions from you?

How about I ask you straight out in three years time where do you think we will be playing and in what division?

No, to fall for something it means people actually believe it. Not 50% believe it or whatever you want to try and make up a figure of.

You are so keen with your posting overdrive to make out people are falling for things and believing them but nobody actually is.

dongonzalos

No, to fall for something it means people actually believe it. Not 50% believe it or whatever you want to try and make up a figure of.

You are so keen with your posting overdrive to make out people are falling for things and believing them but nobody actually is.

Did you miss my direct question at the end?

The figures were you actually. I never introduced figures you suddenly wanted 100% once you were proved wrong.
I just said I amazed anyone is over 50% never mind 100.
Me I am 99% certain it won't happen under SISU like with everything in life you can never be 100%

Nick

Administrator
Did you miss my direct question at the end?

The figures were you actually. I never introduced figures you suddenly wanted 100% once you were proved wrong.
I just said I amazed anyone is over 50% never mind 100.
Me I am 99% certain it won't happen under SISU like with everything in life you can never be 100%

You haven't proven anybody wrong.

You are making out people are sat there swallowing it all up and thinking it is going to happen, but then you quote Stupot saying it is a viable option. It's worlds away from thinking it is going to happen.

I didn't miss the question, I have no idea and neither do you really. The same as you won't in a couple of days when your posting rampage has finished ;)

dongonzalos

You haven't proven anybody wrong.

You are making out people are sat there swallowing it all up and thinking it is going to happen, but then you quote Stupot saying it is a viable option. It's worlds away from thinking it is going to happen.

I didn't miss the question, I have no idea and neither do you really. The same as you won't in a couple of days when your posting rampage has finished ;)

I asked Stupot and anyone to say where they think we will be playing in a few years time. He said the Butts, so did Moff.
You want 100% for some reason.
Where do you think we will be playing in the future? Not sure why you keep avoiding my question?

Nick

Administrator
I asked Stupot and anyone to say where they think we will be playing in a few years time. He said the Butts, so did Moff.
You want 100% for some reason.
Where do you think we will be playing in the future? Not sure why you keep avoiding my question?

Yes, because to fall for something they have to fully believe it.

I have no idea where we will be playing or what will be happening then.

Not sure why you are trying to so hard ;) It smacks of desperation for some reason.

dongonzalos

Yes, because to fall for something they have to fully believe it.

I have no idea where we will be playing or what will be happening then.

Not sure why you are trying to so hard ;) It smacks of desperation for some reason.

And you don't even have an opinion on where you think we will be playing.
That really really surprises me. Don't worry you don't have to be 100% just what in your opinion is more likely?

Users who are viewing this thread