London Calling. (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

That's assuming that SISU's investors will be watching and see it though or read about anything or actually care. All they will worry about is what is in their bank account from the investment, not what other people say about something they may not even have any money in. They will know themselves how investments are doing, they won't need football fans to tell them.

I can't see it changing much with the EFL by saying let down by them or them being that embarrassed by it. A bigger embarrassment would have been a full boycott which would never happen though, another one would be a boycott of checkatrade's services etc etc.

I don't doubt there will be protests of some sort at Wembley either, I have never been to the new one but I'd imagine it's a lot harder to get on the pitch for example for that sort of action.
I certainly wouldn't want a pitch invasion.

martcov

I think many of the SBA at Wembley will be made up of thousands of those fans that have fell by the wayside over the years. They will have fallen away because of the lack of success and attrition created within the club by the current long term owners.
This will indeed be a day out for them and in much different circumstances to the reasons that led them to withdraw there physical support. However, they will be there - and probably their families too who will also be aware of the current regime - and their awareness of the clubs current plight will be just under the surface.

As you say, under the surface. Leave it there for this one game and enjoy the day out. Plenty of time and occasions to protest.

martcov

It achieves what any other blow in a war of attrition does - it's another blow. On its own, it wouldn't achieve anything, but it is part of what would hopefully be a cumulative effect. You very often ask "what would it achieve" when the discussion is about protests. The answer has to be "We don't know yet, but we do know that doing nothing will achieve nothing".

In the case of a Wembley final, taking time out from protesting and just enjoying the day out would achieve a happy time supporting City. That doesn't happen very often, so enjoy the day out and forget about the problems until the next league game.

martcov

It will all come down to emotions on the day. Nothing you can say or do will influence the mood of the moment.

No. Not en masse, but my mood will be this is an almost one off, and I am going to enjoy myself. I think thousands of individuals will be thinking the same thing which will influence the mood of the crowd as a whole.

Covcraig@bury

For me and many I know this is a one off chance to make as much noise and protest against our shit owners in front of the TV camera`s .
I will be out enjoying myself and making the most of our big occasion in the capital.
The result matters not , just a weekend with the lads on the piss. Sisu are with us 365 days of the year and I will hate them 365 days of the year regardless ..
PUSB.. SISU OUT !!!

Nick

Administrator
For me and many I know this is a one off chance to make as much noise and protest against our shit owners in front of the TV camera`s .
I will be out enjoying myself and making the most of our big occasion in the capital.
The result matters not , just a weekend with the lads on the piss. Sisu are with us 365 days of the year and I will hate them 365 days of the year regardless ..
PUSB.. SISU OUT !!!

Would reach more people going to the X factor final and storming the stage in a SISU out t shirt ;)

Brylowes

Me and my wife were fortunate enough to attend the Hillsborugh 20th anniversary tribute game at Anfield
in 2009, we've had good times up there and love the people and wanted to pay our respects.
We were there for five days before the game and the vibe I was picking up from the people we met was
That it would probably be the last big show of resistance toward the authorities, not that they would ever
Forget and certainly never forgive, but perhaps start to come to terms with the realisation that you can't
However hard you try beat the system.

The atmosphere in the pubs around Anfield was 'as you'd expect ' very emotionally charged, we entered
The packed stadium and solemnly stood in silence as one at a time chosen people stood up and spoke
Their words of sorrow and defiance. Kenny Dalglesh, Alan Hanson, Roy Evans and family members of
Those lost, Margaret Aspinal and Trevor Hicks etc obviously all were well received.
Then stepped up Liverpool born Labour MP Andy Burnham to speak on behalf of the then Government,
He started off with the usual "we feel your pain" and "everything that could be done has been done"
You could feel the frustration in the crowd, a section of the kop began to sing "Justice For The 96"
It quickly spread until every single person in that stadium stood and sang it for a good 20 minutes
Inc the VIPs on the pitch.

Everyone left the stadium that night feeling both sadness and euphoria, there seemed to be a realisation
That the campaign wasn't after all coming to a close, it had fresh impetus and they were not going to stop
Until they had their justice and the truth was laid bare for all to see.
Obviously I'm not comparing our situation to that of the unlawful killing of 96 people at a football game, but
It's amazing what can be achieved when people stand together for what is right.

Wheelfass

Me and my wife were fortunate enough to attend the Hillsborugh 20th anniversary tribute game at Anfield
in 2009, we've had good times up there and love the people and wanted to pay our respects.
We were there for five days before the game and the vibe I was picking up from the people we met was
That it would probably be the last big show of resistance toward the authorities, not that they would ever
Forget and certainly never forgive, but perhaps start to come to terms with the realisation that you can't
However hard you try beat the system.

The atmosphere in the pubs around Anfield was 'as you'd expect ' very emotionally charged, we entered
The packed stadium and solemnly stood in silence as one at a time chosen people stood up and spoke
Their words of sorrow and defiance. Kenny Dalglesh, Alan Hanson, Roy Evans and family members of
Those lost, Margaret Aspinal and Trevor Hicks etc obviously all were well received.
Then stepped up Liverpool born Labour MP Andy Burnham to speak on behalf of the then Government,
He started off with the usual "we feel your pain" and "everything that could be done has been done"
You could feel the frustration in the crowd, a section of the kop began to sing "Justice For The 96"
It quickly spread until every single person in that stadium stood and sang it for a good 20 minutes
Inc the VIPs on the pitch.

Everyone left the stadium that night feeling both sadness and euphoria, there seemed to be a realisation
That the campaign wasn't after all coming to a close, it had fresh impetus and they were not going to stop
Until they had their justice and the truth was laid bare for all to see.
Obviously I'm not comparing our situation to that of the unlawful killing of 96 people at a football game, but
What an amazingly emotive post.
Your last line......

......says it all.

Gosford Green

There will be fans at Wembley who do not really have much clue to what is happening regarding CCFC, once every 3 year type fans who probably last went when we came came back to the Ricoh and before that the Chelsea FA cup game.

I heard one comment of such a bloke who referred to our players as "over paid and fucking useless", while I could not mount a defence on the latter I pointed out in footballer terms they are far from being overpaid, a bricklayer can earn what some of our squad are on, he then went on that the FA and the council should sort this whole business out, the point that neither really are relevant currently to CCFC was totally lost on him and I lacked the energy to point this out. At the final he would not have a clue who to protest against and would go with the flow and sing whatever the lad in the next seat does.

Maybe I worry to much as I can not get my head around this trip to the arch's, the elephant that sits in the room with JR2 is causing a 2013 Sixfields type mental withdrawal from the club. I am going as my lad wants to go and he would be horrified if I said fuck it I can not be arsed. I can tick the new Wembley off my ground list but I am watching the Stone Roses there in June and am looking forward to that more.

Wheelfass

Maybe I worry to much as I can not get my head around this trip to the arch's, the elephant that sits in the room with JR2 is causing a 2013 Sixfields type mental withdrawal from the club. I am going as my lad wants to go and he would be horrified if I said fuck it I can not be arsed. I can tick the new Wembley off my ground list but I am watching the Stone Roses there in June and am looking forward to that more.
Oh mate, I share your sentiments in whole lumps of Sky Blue. It's a heartfelt post that's for sure.
Go with your lad and both of you sing loud an proud. Sing whatever you want, make a noise and enjoy the occasion.:emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited:

Brylowes

There will be fans at Wembley who do not really have much clue to what is happening regarding CCFC, once every 3 year type fans who probably last went when we came came back to the Ricoh and before that the Chelsea FA cup game.

I heard one comment of such a bloke who referred to our players as "over paid and fucking useless", while I could not mount a defence on the latter I pointed out in footballer terms they are far from being overpaid, a bricklayer can earn what some of our squad are on, he then went on that the FA and the council should sort this whole business out, the point that neither really are relevant currently to CCFC was totally lost on him and I lacked the energy to point this out. At the final he would not have a clue who to protest against and would go with the flow and sing whatever the lad in the next seat does.

Saw the Roses at Heaton park in Manchester for their comeback gig, then again in Finsbury Park
A while later, Ian Browns voice wasn't quite what it once was, but I'm knit-picking.
However the SkyBlues perform at Wembley they'll need to be on some serious Fucking gear to get
Anywhere near the Roses performance.:emoji_fearful:

singers_pore

That's assuming that SISU's investors will be watching and see it though or read about anything or actually care..

No one knows if some SISU investors, potential and existing investors, will notice. You of course simply ASSUME that they won't notice because that suits your agenda of not doing anything in terms of protests.

You said a few weeks ago you would post a list of protest measures that you would support. You failed to come through on that. Your previous excuse was about the server being down. What's the excuse now?

How about you join me on April 3 for a protest down at SISU HQ? After all, you did say that the fans should be taking the protest down to SISU.

Nick

Administrator
No one knows if some SISU investors, potential and existing investors, will notice. You of course simply ASSUME that they won't notice because that suits your agenda of not doing anything in terms of protests.

You said a few weeks ago you would post a list of protest measures that you would support. You failed to come through on that. Your previous excuse was about the server being down. What's the excuse now?

How about you join me on April 3 for a protest down at SISU HQ? After all, you did say that the fans should be taking the protest down to SISU.

I said I would post a list of things aimed at SISU, I will do it and haven't forgotten don't worry! I'm at work on the 3rd!

Yes, I do assume singing a song wont embarrass SISU or their investors. Nothing to do with agenda.

Wheelfass

Did you go to Sixfields?

Yep I did.
Hey Singers_Pore. I think the above posts would give you a clue to the answer.

hill83

I said I would post a list of things aimed at SISU, I will do it and haven't forgotten don't worry! I'm at work on the 3rd!

Yes, I do assume singing a song wont embarrass SISU or their investors. Nothing to do with agenda.

giphy.gif

Gosford Green

At least he's proub to say he went. What sticks in my mind from a couple of trips to the hill was the people scuttling in and then the silence when the game started. It was as though they were ashamed to have been there, which they should have been.

Nick

Administrator
At least he's proub to say he went. What sticks in my mind from a couple of trips to the hill was the people scuttling in and then the silence when the game started. It was as though they were ashamed to have been there, which they should have been.

Ha proud? Would you prefer it to be lied about and me saying I never went when somebody tries to use it to prove a point?

People just walked in normally every time from the car park I was in. The same as they do at the ricoh. (Unless I miss them dancing their way in?)

Nobody was army crawling past to get to the games!

Last edited:

covmark

I would switch that around and say that they should be proud that they went and supported their team through the toughest period in our history.
But hey if it makes you feel superior to say otherwise.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Ashamed of what?

Jesus Christ here we go again, you shouty sorts really need to get over the fact people went to watch their team play a football match.

Plenty of shouty sorts will be worshipping at the sisu temple on April 2.

Love the reasons

"I don't want to go but it's my children"
"I'm nopm but it's my duty to go to this one as I need to protest"
"It's like any other away game really"
"10,000 sisu lovers would send a terrible message so we have to go to show what the clubs potential is"

All excuses. A tiny bit of glory and all aboard the Tim Fisher express.

Brylowes

Plenty of shouty sorts will be worshipping at the sisu temple on April 2.

Love the reasons

"I don't want to go but it's my children"
"I'm nopm but it's my duty to go to this one as I need to protest"
"It's like any other away game really"
"10,000 sisu lovers would send a terrible message so we have to go to show what the clubs potential is"

All excuses. A tiny bit of glory and all aboard the Tim Fisher express.
10.000 SISU lovers. You Wish.HA HA HA

Oh and I am going for my Son, and for what I think maybe (hope not) our last Hurrah.

Grendel

10.000 SISU lovers. You Wish.HA HA HA

Oh and I am going for my Son, and for what I think maybe (hope not) our last Hurrah.
are
Will you scuttle in looking ashamed knowing that you are giving money to sisu?

Users who are viewing this thread