London Calling. (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

As another disastrous season under the stewardship of SISU enters the final stretch, and CCFC
Limply dawdles towards another relegation, there's something 'not happening' that puzzles me.
With some fans doing NOPM and many more walking away ang giving up due to the inability or
Dogged refusal of the owners to do anything to try and address the ongoing decline of the club.
Some admirably have tried to push the clubs plight under people's noses by means of protests,
And the media in general have been sympathetic and shown willingness to highlight the cause.

The protests for the most part (it has to be said) have been a little disjointed and unorganised,
Indeed the one that came across best and stoked the most interest was actually another clubs
Fans with us hanging onto their shirt tails. The live game against S Utd was a good effort but
Never really enough numbers to be taken seriously.

Now out of the blue "Inexplicably" fate has dealt the supporters of this ailing old football club
A hand they could never have dreamed of, but how do we play the cards. It's a chance for
The supporters of this historic club to come together and show 'not only SISU' but the FA and
The EFL just how badly we've been let down by their cumulative and individual inadequacys.

I'm not talking open hostilitys or violence, just lots of noise and flag waving, let them know
Exactly how we feel, maybe a sit-in by 25.000 city fans at the end in Wembley.
It's to good an opportunity to miss, still enjoy and saviour the day as I'm sure most are
Intending to do, but just do it with a sense of purpose.
It may well prove to be our last chance. PUSB

Last edited:

vow

...The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in..Meltdown expected, the wheat is growin' thin...Engines stop running, but I have no fear....
.....'Cause London is drowning, and I, I live by the river!

rupert_bear

I am to disapppointed with the principle group, the Trust on their pussy footing around over this issue and they are. I have been to their open meetings and although they mean well and talk well there's not a lot of meaningful ideas or bottle to be honest. I've been attending these crises meetings since the original Save our City meetings 7 or 8 years ago at the Hen Lane club. My opinion is too many at the top end of the Trust have their eyes on perhaps getting on the board at a later date so consequently keep their hands clean. We should up the fight and make it as dirty as we can, not illegal. At the end of the day there seems to be two main individuals Tim Fisher and Joy Sepalla plus this Dermot Coleman all three should be targeted at a business and personal level. We must get our heads into gear and realise in less than 18 months we have no ground, possible withdrawing of this Golden Share and no league club.

This is a battle, a fight you don't win fights being nice.

Brylowes

I am to disapppointed with the principle group, the Trust on their pussy footing around over this issue and they are. I have been to their open meetings and although they mean well and talk well there's not a lot of meaningful ideas or bottle to be honest. I've been attending these crises meetings since the original Save our City meetings 7 or 8 years ago at the Hen Lane club. My opinion is too many at the top end of the Trust have their eyes on perhaps getting on the board at a later date so consequently keep their hands clean. We should up the fight and make it as dirty as we can, not illegal. At the end of the day there seems to be two main individuals Tim Fisher and Joy Sepalla plus this Dermot Coleman all three should be targeted at a business and personal level. We must get our heads into gear and realise in less than 18 months we have no ground, possible withdrawing of this Golden Share and no league club.

I agree, protests should be ongoing and the more imaginative the better, but Wembley presents Us with a
platform with (probably) over 30.000 fans on it opposed to 8.000 at the Ricoh.
Doesn't have to be led by the trust or any other group, just word of mouth to go enjoy and be very Vocal
and animated in highlighting our displeasure toward the groups that should be maintaining our wellbeing.

As the teams are presented to the field, 30.000 city fans singing "let Down By The Football League" while
Standing in unison could carry a strong message. This opportunity for mass (peaceful) protest with huge
Numbers has fell into our laps, it would IMO be wasteful to just go and "support the team" with endless
Renditions of the Sky Blue Song, while portraying the message that everything is "Tickety Boo"

Otis

...The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in..Meltdown expected, the wheat is growin' thin...Engines stop running, but I have no fear....
.....'Cause London is drowning, and I, I live by the river!
Really good. That's very clever indeed.

You know something, those would make great song lyrics.

Nick

Administrator
I agree, protests should be ongoing and the more imaginative the better, but Wembley presents Us with a
platform with (probably) over 30.000 fans on it opposed to 8.000 at the Ricoh.
Doesn't have to be led by the trust or any other group, just word of mouth to go enjoy and be very Vocal
and animated in highlighting our displeasure toward the groups that should be maintaining our wellbeing.

As the teams are presented to the field, 30.000 city fans singing "let Down By The Football League" while
Standing in unison could carry a strong message. This opportunity for mass (peaceful) protest with huge
Numbers has fell into our laps, it would IMO be wasteful to just go and "support the team" with endless
Renditions of the Sky Blue Song, while portraying the message that everything is "Tickety Boo"

Singing let down by the football league will do what exactly? It won't do a thing at all apart from giving people the impression they have done something to get rid of SISU and making them a bit happier.

slyblue57

Singing let down by the football league will do what exactly? It won't do a thing at all apart from giving people the impression they have done something to get rid of SISU and making them a bit happier.
You re right what good would it do. However ,you ve just said it yourself, it would make us a bit happier , thats a novelty these days. pusb

Nick

Administrator
You re right what good would it do. However ,you ve just said it yourself, it would make us a bit happier , thats a novelty these days. pusb

Maybe get behind the team like against Wycombe where everybody was also happy?

The happiness from singing a song and the "well dones" then turn to anger when it doesn't actually make any difference anyway.

Brylowes

Nick, this was never really aimed at you, as anything aimed at our owners or others who people
Think responsible for our situation, is always approached by you with a large bucket of cold water.

Grendel

Starting a thread with some loose connection to a song title is so pretentious

Gosford Green

The owners of the club do not have anything to do with the runnin
Nick, this was never really aimed at you, as anything aimed at our owners or others who people
Think responsible for our situation, is always approached by you with a large bucket of cold water.

I have spent a couple of games sat among people of Nick's mindset. They see any protest as having a negative effect on the team.
Trying to explain the effect the owners have had on the team and the whole football club is just pissing into a force 9 gale.

Nick

Administrator

It isn't cold water is it, it's realistic.

What is singing let down by the football league going to do, realistically?

Nick

Administrator
I have spent a couple of games sat among people of Nick's mindset. They see any protest as having a negative effect on the team.
Trying to explain the effect the owners have had on the team and the whole football club is just pissing into a force 9 gale.

Or maybe they see that singing something like let down by the football league would do absolutely nothing?

Some protests do have a negative effect on the team, from the horse's mouth. Some protests have a negative effect on the atmosphere in general.

Notice I have used the word, some (as in not all).

Edit: At a game I have only ever had 1 person try and preach to me, he randomly started telling me all of the things he had heard like they were fact. Some of it was quite funny like how the players all trained at the Higgs now as the work had started at Ryton.

Last edited:

Brylowes

should do a protest like lyon did in league 1 perhaps. they vacated an entire block and left 3 banners from top,middle,bottom of block saying this is embarassing,owners,players,staff etc you have let us down
Going by some on here you could add the 1% of fans to that list.

covcity4life

Going by some on here you could add the 1% of fans to that list.

yeah thats why it would have to be organised well. it would have to be singers corner i guess where everyone happy to leave block bar people holding the signs. you couldnt do it in block 20!

italiahorse

Put yourself up for election then and change it ?

Nick

Administrator
Put yourself up for election then and change it ?

giphy.gif

Captain Dart

Where as having an obsession with a 2nd rate Rock band, and constantly copying lyrics
So they are shown on every thing you post is not...... Ok then
4th rate surely.

Wheelfass

What is singing let down by the football league going to do, realistically?
Bloody hell Nick, you'll be handing out Sing-along-a-Nick song sheets next with permitted ditties by the SBA.
It doesn't really matter what we sing as long as it's loud and heartfelt.

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell Nick, you'll be handing out Sing-along-a-Nick song sheets next with permitted ditties by the SBA.
It doesn't really matter what we sing as long as it's loud.

Why would I, and how does that answer what it will achieve?

Wheelfass

The EFL officials will be crawling all over the sponsors on a nice day out. Some well timed singing in their direction to cause them some embarrassment can only be a good thing surely?
Agreed. However, you'll need to ask Nick if he thinks it would be ok first.

Nick

Administrator
Agreed. However, you'll need to ask Nick if he thinks it would be ok first.

Can't remember saying people need my permission, just asked what it would achieve didn't I?

Still, I guess as you couldn't answer that you had to just make something else up. :emoji_thinking:

Leamington Pete

Sisu Out T shirts. Thousands of them. Sky Blue all round the ground but with SISU Out everywhere too. An alternative to giving the club your money as they cash in on merch sales.

Wheelfass

Can't remember saying people need my permission :emoji_thinking:
Can't remember saying people need my permission, just asked what it would achieve didn't I?
Still, I guess as you couldn't answer that you had to just make something else up. :emoji_thinking:
Pratt.
No I can't prove it and it's not something that I have any evidence of. Just a gut feeling.

Nick

Administrator
Pratt? Why, because I ask what it will achieve and you reply about something completely different that hasn't been said?

All it is, is to make people feel better they have done it. Even in the protests now people seem happy that they are protesting.

Why not just have a few beers, get behind the team and have a good day out? It's as if "protests" are being done because it's "cool" rather than because people think it will actually make any difference.

Look at the Wycombe game and the atmosphere there, it was really good.

Covcraig@bury

Loads of flares and a mass Wembley pitch invasion .Thats the way to do it ..Constant singing SISU OUT...
Massive fine for Sisu and coverage all over the world..
I personally don`t give a shit about results any more ,I just want Sisu to fuck off and leave this Club and City aloan.

Wheelfass

Pratt? Why, because I ask what it will achieve and you reply about something completely different that hasn't been said?
All it is, is to make people feel better they have done it. Even in the protests now people seem happy that they are protesting.
Why not just have a few beers, get behind the team and have a good day out? It's as if "protests" are being done because it's "cool" rather than because people think it will actually make any difference.
Look at the Wycombe game and the atmosphere there, it was really good.
Yes the Wycombe game did produce a good atmosphere that is very true and so will the final at Wembley.
I'm certainly not advocating the Wembley game be used as a protest but it is a vehicle that can also be used to voice our displeasure at a regime that has seen the almost total demise of our once proud club. Of course the support to the team is vital and important on a day when all of us Sky Blue fans will start out in good mood and in good voice. There will, I'm sure be far more pro Coventry City songs from our end than there will be anti Sisu chants. However, the anti Sisu message will, I'm sure, be evident. The players won't be hanging on every word of every song and chant that echoes out from our end. They will hopefully be too focused with the football but will of course be aware that there are as many as 40,000 fans there who they represent.
So there was really no need for you to ask the poster what any particular song would achieve, it really isn't relevent as fans will sing what they want and when they want to. There doesn't have to be a reason, it doesn't need dissecting to see what it may solve or produce. It's a football match. It's what happens.
Conversation ends.

Users who are viewing this thread