Liverpool/Spurs after CW - City to get at least 10% of £20M+ ? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...s/rumour-mill-liverpool-rival-spurs-11333994?

If reports in the CET are to be believed ;), CCFC could be in for approx £2M.

Can this be used to increase TM's 16/17 player budget - or is it a balance sheet job?

Hopefully the former (fingers crossed)

P.S. Told you so to the 'we got the right price for him' brigade (ducks inside bunker :D)

Skybluefaz

I'd be truly amazed if either of those clubs was going to weigh in with a £20m offer for a lad that has just missed a whole season with a knee ligament injury. Although if Liverpool were willing to pay over 30 million for Andy Carroll maybe it's not so far fetched.

CovisGod

OK he had a bad season with injury but for clubs like Spurs with money to spend he's surely worth the gamble. Plenty of players have been signed for 20m or more with far less potential and a far worse inury record

We all know we wouldn't see any of the money regardless, I'm not sure how much of the Maddison mo eye went back in to the playing squad but I'm sure it wasn't a lot, same goes for when we originally sold Wilson. Money coming in doesn't neccasarily mean money to spend

Last edited:

theferret

OK he had a bad season with injury but for clubs like Spurs with money to spend he's surely worth the gamble. Plenty of players have been signed for 20m or more with far less potential and a far worse inury record

We all know we wouldn't see any of the money regardless, I'm not sure how much of the Maddison mo eye went back in to the playing squad but I'm sure it wasn't a lot, same goes for when we originally sold Wilson. Money coming in doesn't neccasarily mean money to spend

No we don't. Based on what? There is absolutely no basis to that statement. We seem to now be in a position where no money is being put into the club, and no money is being taken out. The club is trying to be self-sufficient, and so while all of the money might not be used for transfers in, there's no reason to suggest it won't be used to cover running costs, academy, wages etc. if the club falls below its break-even point.

Also, we have just reportedly paid up to £500k for Jones, and I'm willing to bet payments for Maddison will be staged anyway, so it's not as though we will have received all the money from Norwich yet anyway.

The Wilson money was used to cover costs, given that we went a whole season with gates of 2000, tiny revenues from merchandise and almost no sponsorship money. How do you think we paid the wages of the likes of Baker, Moussa, Clarke etc? That was entirely SISUs fault - but the idea that the Wilson money was siphoned off at a time the club was making huge losses is a nonsense.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

Don't care how much we get if any not one penny will go towards the team, just as not a penny from the Maddison transfer has

stevefloyd

£20 mill for Wilson fuck me the worlds gone mad...but I hope we do get a good cut from it if it happens but I somehow doubt it

theferret

Has it bollox, what's the fee for him then ?

The fee will be between 400K-500K, unless you think the board at D&R went to the same school of economics as you and decided to accept a much inferior offer to those they have previously received. Charlton had a 300K bid turned down last autumn.

Of course it is the Maddison money that's being used. How else have we paid for him, bottle tops? The club only turnover £4.5 million a year (and half that goes out on players wages alone) - and we know SISU are no longer funding the club and are insisting it needs to be self-sufficient, so in order for the club to suddenly find that much cash it will have to be from the Maddison sale.

SkyBlueRuffian

The fee will be between 400K-500K, unless you think the board at D&R went to the same school of economics as you and decided to accept a much inferior offer to those they have previously received. Charlton had a 300K bid turned down last autumn.

Of course it is the Maddison money that's being used. How else have we paid for him, bottle tops? The club only turnover £4.5 million a year (and half that goes out on players wages alone) - and we know SISU are no longer funding the club and are insisting it needs to be self-sufficient, so in order for the club to suddenly find that much cash it will have to be from the Maddison sale.

In that case we should expect more similar signings this summer seeing that Maddison went for a lot more than £400K?

italiahorse

In that case we should expect more similar signings this summer seeing that Maddison went for a lot more than £400K?

Maddison like Wilson will be used to balance the books.
So we need another player to come through this year to sell on or we will not be self sufficient.

Grendel

Players also have to be paid you know.

Hobo

You tell me, sounds like you know?

So you are admitting to rupert_bear that you haven't a clue? Despite wading in with your chest puffed out.

ccfcway

I was told it was £50k by a colleague of mine who is a D&R fan and former Director.

That's would make a lot more sense. I would expect its around that or a little more, with plenty of add ons with promotion etc

Last edited:

Grendel

That's would make a lot more sense. I would expect its around that or a little more, with plenty of add ons with promotion etc

How would it? They turned down £300,000 for him previously and other clubs were trying to sign him.

It was suggested on CWR we paid about the same as as paid for McDonald.

ccfcway

How would it? They turned down £300,000 for him previously and other clubs were trying to sign him.

It was suggested on CWR we paid about the same as as paid for McDonald.

It may well be £400k if we get promoted, he plays for England etc, but wont be anywhere near that up front.

The Reverend Skyblue

Even if we paid £1.50 for Jones it at least shows at last we have some planning and investment, it doesn't matter where it came from, in the team.

I'm chuffed we paid a fee, however small or big, its shows some ambition

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you are admitting to rupert_bear that you haven't a clue? Despite wading in with your chest puffed out.
Did he claim to have a clue? All he said was some of the Maddison money was put back in to the team in the form of the Jodi Jones signing.

Gazolba

For starters, he won't go for 20 million. And the fee, whatever it is, will be structured so we get as little as possible. And it wont be spent on the team anyway, it will go toward 'operating costs'. So dream on ...

chiefdave

For starters, he won't go for 20 million. And the fee, whatever it is, will be structured so we get as little as possible. And it wont be spent on the team anyway, it will go toward 'operating costs'. So dream on ...

What a happy soul you are. Less glass half empty, more glass thrown on the floor.

ccfcway

Even if we paid £1.50 for Jones it at least shows at last we have some planning and investment, it doesn't matter where it came from, in the team.

I'm chuffed we paid a fee, however small or big, its shows some ambition

surely its all relative ?

Without knowing the whole package, we will never know. We may not pay transfer fees for some players, but the likes of Fortune will likely have come with a decent signing on fee

SkyBlueCRJ

CET tends to exaggerate rumoured transfer fees as they did with the Maddison transfer therefore 20 mill seems slightly far fetched. Think 10-12 million would be more realistic. Would be ecstatic if the deal did go through. Minimum of £1 mil in the bank depending on the fee of course

Nick

Administrator

We paid a fee, I didn't claim to know the exact value of it.

He obviously knows though as he said no money is being invested in the team...

letsallsingtogether

Yeh...and you think we're the only ones who sell their players and cover running costs with the proceedings? Also, most other clubs probably own their own stadium...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And they also have bigger stadium running cost that bring nothing in.
Even Fleetwood have just spent 8 million on their training ground.
Our owners want to build a stadium and purchase the land for that.

Users who are viewing this thread